Avalon Employee Reviews

No benefits, No paid vacations,
Administrative Coordinator/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
No benefits, owner always breaking the rules , sometimes don’t even take a break, no health insurance, over pressure, crowded office, stressed all the time , no steps or rules to follow
Cons
Short break, No Insurance, No deduction taking from your check
Great Company, Petty Manager
Wholesale Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
I loved my job, the environment was amazing, the other workers were just outstanding. Truly based in customer service, our store was fun, creative, innovative and the home of base operations. Unfortunately there was an issue with a petty manager who cut my hours from full-time to 15 hours a week after the owner went to a fashion show for a month due to my promotion to Wholesale Agent for the the entire chain. Upon return of the owner, the manager was fired and i was offered my job back. Unfortunately i had already gotten another job that paid me 2x as much. The company no longer exists, but it was a wonderful place to work. I truly miss it.
Pros
creative and innovative workplace
No go
Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2018
Avalon could be a much better work place if ran properly. Managers come and go and some don't even have experience with Healthcare! Raises and reviews are rarely given, and any type of health care they offer is a joke!
Pros
work load is not as heavy as some assisted living places
Cons
short staffed
Effective Therapy
Partnership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Beautiful location and fabulous service to the mental health needs of those wanting privacy, support and a place to receive in house treatment.
Family Work Environment
Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2018
Avalon is based out of Syracuse with a small shop in Rochester. It consists of approximately 12 people. With the small number of employees it has a family feeling for its environment. It is a printing company that pride itself on excellent costumer service.
Cool relaxed work locations sometimes near good entertainment businesses
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 8, 2018
It’s nice to be able to work alone maintaining a building or to bring in help when needed as long as the work got done it was no problem with management
Pros
Optional Help
Cons
Not any
Good company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  AbwerdeenFebruary 14, 2018
Great regional manager to report to....good company overall. same struggles for all nursing and rehab companies...not enough quality staff (RN/CNA) I had a very supportive superior!
Motivation
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I come to work before my time with a positive attitude speaking to elderly, I learned alot about being a dietary aide and housekeeper the 2 yrs I was there, It was clean a good job, positive and motivating. All cultures nothing was hard and just being around positive people inspired me.
Pros
Equal
Cons
Equal
Very relaxed atmosphere and allowed me to take personal time with clients
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 8, 2017
Business ran well. The owner communicates very well with his employees. Enjoy working with company. Very family oriented. Owner talks personally with you if there is a problem or a concern.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Travel time from my home
Professional medical company
Corporate Director of Be " Hea (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2017
Avalon is a professional and committed company to providing quality healthcare and exceeding industry standards.
I was able to grow significantly in this work environment and would recommend it to others.
Fun to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 19, 2017
I liked working there. Got to meet new people. Good pay. Good staff. Wasn't long hours. They worked around my schedule. They were very understanding when something important came up.
Pros
Vacationsn meet new people
Cons
Loosing hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CA 90262November 7, 2017
I gained a lot of people skills working at boost mobile. Typical day at work would be taking payments, selling accessories, setting up new phones and emails for customers, and helping them with any concerns with their phones or accounts.
Pros
bonuses for christmas, deals on accesories
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement
Great Structure!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 16, 2017
The curriculum is very well structured, the team and management are amazing people to work with!! They offer a lot of training for the staff and it really feels like a family here!
Government support work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 10, 2017
Government support work. In the past 6 months, very little activities to perform. Waiting on contacts to be approved. Great people to with with. No pressure.
Volunteer only. No Pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 7, 2017
I wasn't forced to work the job but I was forced to receive no pay. Management was good to me and I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I knew it was only temporary, but it was kind of fun at times.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
No pay
You get to work with and serve American Veterans
Nutrition Services Cook (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 20, 2017
It was fun! The people were great. Make no mistake, it is hard work and there are expectations that have to be met. Just do your job and keep moving forward.
Benefit
Hospice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 23, 2017
Kiro in Avalon probably have the worst health insurance with a 4000 deductible per person and is 3070 split it's very difficult to get anything done for healthcare.
Productive and fun environment
Maintenance Technician/Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, WVJune 17, 2017
Every day at work, there would be a new, friendly naked person. I learned so much about seeing and being around people in their natural state which helped me mature. The job was overall very easy and friendly.
work day
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 7, 2017
I have been with TOC for over 10 years and was recently purchased by Avalon. Don't know much about Avalon, have to wait and see. I do enjoy working with my current customer service reps, in dispatch and reservations.
Pros
work with a great customer service team
Cons
bad work conditions, office decay and water problems, health and safety concerns daily. .
horrible place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 25, 2017
the staff was racist and would speak Spanish to and around clients who couldn't understand them. the management didn't care for their employee's. when I tried to talk with management to make things better it made things worse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon. Our community is ready to answer.