Avalon Employee Reviews

Great Company, Petty Manager
Wholesale Buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
I loved my job, the environment was amazing, the other workers were just outstanding. Truly based in customer service, our store was fun, creative, innovative and the home of base operations. Unfortunately there was an issue with a petty manager who cut my hours from full-time to 15 hours a week after the owner went to a fashion show for a month due to my promotion to Wholesale Agent for the the entire chain. Upon return of the owner, the manager was fired and i was offered my job back. Unfortunately i had already gotten another job that paid me 2x as much. The company no longer exists, but it was a wonderful place to work. I truly miss it.
Pros
creative and innovative workplace
No go
Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2018
Avalon could be a much better work place if ran properly. Managers come and go and some don't even have experience with Healthcare! Raises and reviews are rarely given, and any type of health care they offer is a joke!
Pros
work load is not as heavy as some assisted living places
Cons
short staffed
No benefits, No paid vacations,
Administrative Coordinator/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
No benefits, owner always breaking the rules , sometimes don’t even take a break, no health insurance, over pressure, crowded office, stressed all the time , no steps or rules to follow
Cons
Short break, No Insurance, No deduction taking from your check
Cool relaxed work locations sometimes near good entertainment businesses
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 8, 2018
It’s nice to be able to work alone maintaining a building or to bring in help when needed as long as the work got done it was no problem with management
Pros
Optional Help
Cons
Not any
Motivation
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I come to work before my time with a positive attitude speaking to elderly, I learned alot about being a dietary aide and housekeeper the 2 yrs I was there, It was clean a good job, positive and motivating. All cultures nothing was hard and just being around positive people inspired me.
Pros
Equal
Cons
Equal
Effective Therapy
Partnership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Beautiful location and fabulous service to the mental health needs of those wanting privacy, support and a place to receive in house treatment.
Family Work Environment
Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2018
Avalon is based out of Syracuse with a small shop in Rochester. It consists of approximately 12 people. With the small number of employees it has a family feeling for its environment. It is a printing company that pride itself on excellent costumer service.
Excellent School, Hard Work
Music and Movement Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2013
This is a great school for new teachers. They provide new teachers with the specific structure and management techniques that often go missing from the Ed Degree programs. However, older teachers may become a little frustrated with the lack of creativity and the strict structure. Lesson plans are provided and very little "wiggle" room is left for creativity and "fun".
Pros
Great benefits package! Great student discipline policies, excellent curriculum, student focused and highly goal oriented
Cons
lack of respect from admin, teacher "behaviors corrected in front of students
Great Learning Experience
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
I pitched contacts in fashion, athletics, and entertainment for potential promotional events. I learned how to fit a product to a brand. Management was supportive. My co-workers were undermining. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the various personalities present in nightlife. The most enjoyable part of my job was event production, especially for up-and-coming fashion designers.
Pros
challenging, event production
Cons
office dynamics
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CA 90262November 7, 2017
I gained a lot of people skills working at boost mobile. Typical day at work would be taking payments, selling accessories, setting up new phones and emails for customers, and helping them with any concerns with their phones or accounts.
Pros
bonuses for christmas, deals on accesories
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement
Fun to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 19, 2017
I liked working there. Got to meet new people. Good pay. Good staff. Wasn't long hours. They worked around my schedule. They were very understanding when something important came up.
Pros
Vacationsn meet new people
Cons
Loosing hours
beautiful women making a change for them
STYLIST COLORIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2013
A DAY AT AVALON IS KEEPING YOUR CLIENTE TO COMING BACK ON TIME I START AT AVLON 15 YEARS AGO WITH 50%
commission you have to stand up all day never have vacations or holidays management doesnt exist when your own boss want to keep control
Pros
free schedule
Cons
no vacations, no he alt care no day off paid sick day no salary
Good company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  AbwerdeenFebruary 14, 2018
Great regional manager to report to....good company overall. same struggles for all nursing and rehab companies...not enough quality staff (RN/CNA) I had a very supportive superior!
Great Structure!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 16, 2017
The curriculum is very well structured, the team and management are amazing people to work with!! They offer a lot of training for the staff and it really feels like a family here!
Professional medical company
Corporate Director of Be " Hea (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2017
Avalon is a professional and committed company to providing quality healthcare and exceeding industry standards.
I was able to grow significantly in this work environment and would recommend it to others.
Volunteer only. No Pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 7, 2017
I wasn't forced to work the job but I was forced to receive no pay. Management was good to me and I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I knew it was only temporary, but it was kind of fun at times.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
No pay
Very relaxed atmosphere and allowed me to take personal time with clients
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 8, 2017
Business ran well. The owner communicates very well with his employees. Enjoy working with company. Very family oriented. Owner talks personally with you if there is a problem or a concern.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Travel time from my home
Productive and Learning
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2012
• Analyzing business requirements documents and Technical design documents to understand the new enhancement proposed, clarify queries with Business Analyst and Technical Team.
• Create Test plan for each project under the program and provide the test efforts to the program management team.
• Interacting with various teams (Integration, security, reporting) to understand the changes made to their system, analyze the impact to test and propose a mitigation plan to complete the test within the timeline
• Create High level test scenario, testcases and test scripts using IBM Rational Quality Manager.
• Review scenario and testcases designed by other team member and provide feedback.
• Perform functional testing by executing the test scripts and reporting defect in the defect tracking tool: IBM Rational Clear Quest.
• Assign defects to the technical team, perform retesting and track them until closure.
• Provide details of the reported defects to the business and technical team during daily triage meeting.
• Recommending and making new improvements to QA policies, standards and procedures.
• Generate weekly status report for the team and program management.
Brand new approach to health care, promotes independance
STNA (Former Employee) –  Maineville OHDecember 12, 2013
Great environment, great people, lovely houses for the elders. Promotes elders to use and keep their independence and not just lose it. Had great employees and management. Not enough staff, and still had a lot of "bugs" that needed to be worked out with the new approach they were bringing to health care.
Pros
free lunches, great clean work place.
Cons
not enough staff not very good pay
horrible place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 25, 2017
the staff was racist and would speak Spanish to and around clients who couldn't understand them. the management didn't care for their employee's. when I tried to talk with management to make things better it made things worse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avalon. Our community is ready to answer.