Avamere Health Services

Avamere Health Services Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Manager allow there employees to do anything no call no show an still have a job . This company has gotten worse no Ed . The nurse there is clueless and doesn’t seem to want to fix things . Employee morale is extremely low
September 23, 2019
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're here to help. You can fill out a brief intake form here: http://bit.ly/2yokIkh. Alternately, you can call us directly at 1-877-282-6373.
I love working here!!!
I love this company. My bosses are amazing. Our administrator is very understanding, our DON is the best and sincerely cares about everyone and the RCM's are so helpful. I love the people I work with, we are a big family. Our therapy is one of the best in the Rogue Valley. All around a great place to work.
October 9, 2019
That is so great to hear, thanks for letting us know! We appreciate you as an employee.
Maybe if you're desperate for cash
I worked at the Bethany location as a member of the kitchen. I came to Avamere with a friend as it offered more hours than my previous job. The job in itself is fairly easy, you're just a waiter but you don't have to worry about checks, seating people, or having to memorize a huge menu. It's not for me personally but it's bearable. There's a couple residents who can be very rude and will even insult you at times (Management doesn't do anything about this but it may not be possible for them to really do anything) but for the most part the residents are very nice. One even gave me a hat they sewed. A few of my co-workers are also very kind and were very helpful when I started working. Unfortunately many of them are not though. You won't really be getting breaks here either, and one employee even chastised us for taking them saying "We'd get out so much quicker if you didn't take breaks". The management here is what makes this job horrendous though, my friend got employee of the month at a meeting and our manager stood up and gave a very insulting speech before handing it to her. If you want to request time off you have to do it nearly a month and a half in advance. Sometimes people will be scheduled for 6 days in a row and you won't get overtime because of how the manager schedules. The worst part by far though is the manager not listening when you put in new availability. I told my manager in early August my availability would be changing and it took until almost October to get it fixed after he ignored my first 2 availabilities. Our union rep has been a hero and is extremely - more...
October 9, 2019
We are sorry to hear you had a less than optimal experience at Avamere. We are here to help. We are happy to take a closer look at this for you. To route your request in the most efficient way, please fill out our brief intake form on our website. You can find that here: http://bit.ly/2yokIkh. Alternately, you can call us directly at 1-877-282-6373. Should you need anything else at this time, please do not hesitate to message us. Thank you.
Rewarding job with a great environment.
The residents are what makes this job so rewarding and benefitting. Working as a dietary aid, there is a lot of free time and weird schedules so you have to be flexible.
Pros
Good breaks, flexible schedules, residents are amazing.
Cons
Required to work on weekends and holidays.
October 9, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. That is great to hear you had such a wonderful experience.
Worst job I ever had
Very poor management...unethical work environment...lots of favoritism...work load and expectations completely unreasonable...huge communication breakdown among staff...no integrity...core values disregarded
October 9, 2019
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Collaborative therapy community in small facility
Small, rural facility with diverse clients and great staff. Caseload is generally small, with phases of increased need. Therapy team is supportive and fun.
Main Manager sucks
They need to get better district manager and on site manager. I had way to many manager while working there for two year. And they are always under staffed with make it hard to do your own job while doing 2 others.
October 9, 2019
We are sorry to hear this. Would you mind sending us a private message so that we may follow-up? You can email us at communications@avamere.com. Thank you.
Place is a joke
Place has been in the center of a few investigations.
Residents always seemed unhappy.

The pace of certain task was unrealistic.

My manager had to HR I had threatened another coworker in front of her, which was a absolute lie, I quite shortly after.
October 9, 2019
All over the place never had a set schedule and I lived an hour away they had literally not enough employees so I had to work doubles almost every day of the week having one day off
October 9, 2019
Did not enjoy working there
Worst place I have ever worked at. Management is horrible. All they care bout is money, the don't care about the employees and worst of all they don't care about the residents. Many were left sitting in their feces and urine for hrs before anyone would come and help them. It was the most depressing time as an employee I ever had. That's why I only stayed for a couple moths there.
September 23, 2019
Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative experience as an employee. We encourage you to visit our "Speak Up Hotline" form so that we can look into what happened during your employment. The submission is anonymous. Please click here to be directly taken to the form: http://bit.ly/2IJudiZ. Again, our apologies for your experience. Thank you.
Sad place with no activities for the residents, and poor management
Management was weird, immature, and not helpful. Very little knowledge shared on basics. People had been there so short a time that no one even understood the shared files. No basic procedures in place. Got training for a day and a half, and then my trainer just disappeared. Criticized for wasting company resources for needing more training after that! I am an experienced worker and this was worst workplace I have ever been in. In the three months I worked there I never once saw a movie put on for the residents, and never once saw a shopping shuttle go out. The medicaid residents are separated from the private pay people and are treated like lesser beings. I asked at one point which residents were on the resident council and the reply was "Residents on the Resident Council? What a nightmare that would be!" This is state law people!
Pros
Caregivers are good
Cons
Lousy care of the residents
Beware
Horrible place. High turnover. New Director of Nursing every few months, most places will have one DNS for at least a few years.
Floor nurses who refuse to assess a patient when asked. Floor nurses who will leave meds by the bedside including narcotics, all of which is illegal in Wa state- management aware but only discipline those they do not like. Nurses not reporting signs of infection or distress to the doctor or ARNP and 911 has to be called when the situation escalated.
September 17, 2019
Good
Avamere is a good and fun place to work at. You get to grow a relationship with the old people and learn how to take care of them. I’ve worked their for 4 years and haven’t regretted it one bit.
Pros
Good managers
September 17, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. That is great to hear you are having a wonderful experience.
Long Hours
Long hours. Pay decent. Didn't go home on time for the whole time I was there. Pretty average for Nursing. Not really accepting of physical disability needs having to be met.
September 4, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We appreciate it very much.
So much drama
Management pretty much nonexistent. They don't care about staff unless your in their click....super clicky......
Cna's would mess up and keep their hours. Everyone else would get cut down to as little as 3-4 hours a day.

The kitchen was a complete mess...cooks were being hired out of desperation.

And its showed.

Back stabbers liars and cheats.
Pros
Money
Cons
Worst company ever
September 4, 2019
Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative incident to report. Please feel free to email us directly at communications@avamere.com with the details of your issue. We will look into it right away. Again, our apologies for your experience. Thank you.
Very poorly trained in house management
Typical day: days of redundant meetings but some days w/ structure. Must be flexible as in all health industries.
Learned: most from outside resources or some RCM’s; generally nothing is learned from inside management.

Hardest: satisfying changing demands from management

Enjoy: residents
Pros
Outside providers
Cons
Condescending in house leadership
I love working here!
Having worked in this industry for another company, I had experience with many of the Avamere communities, which is how I came to know the company, and how I KNEW I wanted to work for/with Avamere.
In every Avamere community I've ever been in, I've found the administrative staff to be friendly, supportive, and welcoming, and the care staff to be helpful, and genuinely care about their patients, residents, and each other!

Honestly, I'm so happy I have the privilege of working here!
September 4, 2019
That is so great to hear, thanks for letting us know! Have a great day.
fun and fast paced
I loved all the clients i took care of. they were all loving and kind and very welcoming when i started working. after i left there i always made a point to come back and visit with them and they enjoyed it very much
September 4, 2019
We always love hearing about the wonderful experiences our employees have at our facilities. Thank you so much for the kind words.
Don’t work at Newberg
Horrible work place. They listed my position before firing me. I had called a couple in 90 days for car accident and foot injury. They did not care about these situations I had no control over. I had proof for both.
There was an RCC who was constantly falling asleep on shift and not be held accountable for his actions.

Caregivers and med techs were always running out of supplies. Horribl work environment. Do not work here!!!!!
September 4, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to follow-up on this issue. You can fill out a brief intake form here: http://bit.ly/2yokIkh. Alternately, you can call us directly at 1-877-282-6373.
nurses are treated as though they are less then a CNA
horrible place in 1 year there was more then 22 nurses that had quit. Management will say whatever to get the employee to do what they want but fail to keep their end of the bargain.
Cons
CNA's are treated better then nurses
August 26, 2019
New Administrator
In the many years that I have worked at Three Fountains we have gone through multiple Administrators and Director of Nurses. During these times we have struggled with how things are ran and at times have been afraid to suggest anything that might make our facility change in a positive manner. We now have an Administrator and DNS who seem to really want to listen to us and trust that our input might benefit the company. The current Administrator has come in and seemed to try to take everything in as it was. Then as he got to know everyone and see how everything was ran, he made some positive changes that seem to be good for the company and good for the staff in the building. It is nice to see staff members happy and comfortable to communicate with him.
August 26, 2019
That is so great to hear, thanks for letting us know! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avamere Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight