Avanade Employee Reviews

Sr. Director, Enterprise Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2019
For a consulting company, Avanade is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very flexible with a work/life balance, working from home or anywhere there is internet. As expected in larger companies, they are many policies and procedures in place that make life easier, but take time to learn. I highly recommend Avanade.
Pros
Flexibility, challenging projects, smart team members
Cons
Challenging to learn the culture and navigate the various teams
Great Company
NW & SW IT Staffing Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 1, 2019
This was by far the best place I have ever worked. I was sad to have to leave. They truly cared about their employees and their families. Family Focus was a big part of their culture.
Pros
Work from Home, Great Leadership, Company Events
Avanade culture was largely Accenture's culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2018
Working for Avanade, you sometimes get some of the better attributes of both parent companies (Microsoft and Accenture). But this cultural split is about 80/20 with the experience and culture mostly aligned with Accenture.
Loved working there!
GROUP MANAGER, UX TEAM LEAD SOUTH CENTRAL USA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
Worrisome to be on the bench so much so I worked Accenture gigs to stay off the bench but sadly Avanade didn't take that into account as a positive and let me go. The upper management was not getting us work and they bought another UX firm in order to have UX work, so they let us go without notice.
Pros
Fun people and environment
Cons
Bench wasn't managed well.
Avanade is a GREAT place to work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2018
I have been an employee with Avanade for just under 9 years. Avanade is a solid brand in the industry. Avanade leadership is top notch. They provide growth opportunities, innovative work environment and a fun/fast paced environment.
Pros
Growth, Leading edge technology
Cons
Work hard/play hard environment - not for everyone
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Barely starting this position so I can only speak of my interaction throughout the interview process. So far, it’s been a really good experience from recruitment to management since the beginning of the process and very excited to be a part of this organization.
Pros
everything!
Cons
n/a
A consulting company that doesn't know how to be much else
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2018
I was recently laid off from Avanade because of Yet Another Company Re-Org. These happen about once a year. I'm pretty sure that no team I was on didn't change its name at least once, if not multiple times.

While Avanade was a pleasant enough place to work (until they laid me off with no warning), they have a number of issues:

1) They don't know how to be much else besides a consulting company. This is reflected in their tiered hierarchy, where you can be a "consultant" or "senior consultant" and never consult a day in your life as part of your job description (yet still be expected to complete training for consultants. But they also haven't been able to effectively pivot to the annuity-based revenue they were hoping to pivot to when they started acquiring other companies to being providing *aaS.

2) They are top-heavy. There is WAY too much senior management whose job descriptions seem to only be calling meetings and making PowerPoint decks. I honestly can't tell you what most of them actually brought to the company.

3) They are *cheap*. While the salaries are decent, they're below market rate (a fact they know, since they're aware of a higher level of attrition than they'd like), and they will find any way to nickel and dime you on benefits by obeying the letter of the law, rather than the spirit. I was denied a second week of paternity leave because my son was born before the date when they started giving the second week out. And I was also denied a $34 a month stipend for my bus pass because I worked in a building with fewer than 99 people, so they weren't mandated
  more... by the city law to give it to us.  less
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
Cold corporate culture
Overworked and under appreciated
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
Overworked and under appreciated. Managers are rude and give you so much work that you don't have time for a persona life. I was working 60 hours + a week. Paid hourly and never provided over-time pay. This company went was always firing people weekly. Not because they were unknowledgeable but because they wanted to be paid for over-time.
A great place to learn how to work
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
I think Avanade is a solid company, with high goals to be a leading digital innovator. Innovation is led by design thinking not development....this fact is lost on management, but I really think they are earnest at trying to grow a dynamic culture.

They are a fantastic company for hiring diversity, focusing on women in tech which is great.

They seem like they want to morph into an Agency model, focusing on young hires, and lower charge rates. So if you are just getting out of school, give them a try!. If you are a Manage or above, the experience can be really challenging (in a good way) but promotion opportunity is saved for consulting levels as motivators and financial growth is pretty limited.
Pros
Great Training, high diversity
Cons
Career Path with a PromotionTrack that is realistic
Opportunity to grow your career
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
Does offer career advancement and mentorship.
The orientation offered was engaging and provided knowledge needed for an acclimation to get assimilated quickly.
Drawback, at times can be a slowly moving company where planning in advance is highly anticipated, thereafter becoming short on meeting fast changing client requirements.
It is a competitive entrepreneurial environment, but depending on the life-cycle of the project and when you joined, it can be tough to get your voice heard.
Pros
Benefits, Career Advancement, Mentorship, Team Oriented
Cons
Salary could be more competitive
Fun environment, but took long to get work
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Always doing something fun around the office, took over 5 weeks to get necessary equipment to begin project work but they will find certifications and learning for you to do
Wasn't there long...
Senior Consultant, Solution Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 29, 2018
I wasn't with Avanade for a very long period of time so I can't speak with any authority on the company as a whole. The work experience is driven by the manager and the Accenture team.
Like school!
Solution Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2018
Consulting firm means you will be sent anywhere.
If you are single, it's good, but it is hard to make balancing between work and life.

They provides a lot of video lecture on all of field. You can watch whatever you want!
Good spot for most roles
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2018
Avanade is a lean organization that tries hard to help its team work as a cohesive unit. It's growing fast, so there are the inevitable slips, but the people are excellent.
Good Company, was better in the past
Program Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 2, 2018
Avanade is a good company to work for. However, their recent push to become more aligned with Accenture (sister company) has brought changes which make it less enjoyable to work there
Upper Management, not for women or people of color
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Just look at the leadership and it will tell you who advances. People of color especially blacks do not advance into upper management. They know this is an issue but like most tech companies they do a lot of talking and that's about it.
A great place to work
QA Test Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Avanade was a great place to work and learn a lot in each project with different clients.
Typical day at work and nature of work completely depends on the client and Avanade does not have much of a role in controlling this.
When the employee is committed to a client, they need to focus on delivering high quality product to the client in order to keep up the reputation of the organization.

In Avanade, the higher management supports a lot in attending more trainings ,getting certifications and getting more exposure
Great People
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 30, 2018
The people at Avanade are great! Everyone works really hard. The company is going through a lot of changes which can make it difficult to feel successful.
Pros
Great people
Cons
A lot of changes
Pretty much what you would expect
Infrastructure Services Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2018
Avanade was a fast paced consulting environment with great work-life balance on paper, but poorly executed in real life. Ridiculous expectations and work hours, and a cutthroat culture of throwing people under the bus. Otherwise great place to learn the business and get into consulting.
Pros
Good opportunities to learn
Cons
Poor working culture
fun place to work with great people
Regional Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
Avanade is subsidarary owned by Accenture and Microsoft. We focus exclusively on helping client build business value solutions on the Microsoft ecosystem. It can be a challenge as in many areas we work in Accenture-owned account. They workplace and culture is collaborative. I enjoy working with a lot of talented people in a highly matrixes environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avanade. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Avanade.

Powered by Comparably