Avant

Avant Employee Reviews

United States146 reviews

Easy and relaxed

Featured review

Avant selected this as a representative review
For a call center job, this job is really laid back. Managers are really involved and help you succeed. There has been many changes (all good) to the structure of this company which has allowed new openings for people within to promote to.

Not a good place to work

I really felt that this call center was different when I first started but boy was I wrong. They barely train you and when you reach out for help they get upset that you don’t know the information run far from this place.’

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks, closely monitored

Avant insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Favoritism runs this place

If you are a managers favorite you can get away with doing nothing. It doesn’t matter how good you are at your job or how much work you do, they will always pick favorites. Managers there do whatever they can to get out of working. Any good manager there has left to other jobs. They make you feel guilty for bathroom breaks. They do not do holiday or bereavement pay. They boast about their PTO but it is actually awful.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, favoritism

Run for your Life

4wks of training to learn that on graduation day they pull you and start terminating a bunch saying it’s cause you failed one compliance test! Biggest mistake ever working here just to be fired for no reason. Got trained then got fired! You tell me how stupid that is

Pros

Zero

Cons

Mgrs

I definitely think they should pay more for the work we do.

Keep in mind, starting pay is pretty set and thats only for originations, not servicing. They are going to try to get me service trained within the next couple of weeks and I would be doing the jobs of 5 people, its just not worth the money. I am leaving and going somewhere that pays $4 more an hour not including differential pay on weekends. The people are great, but the job isnt worth the money.

Pros

The teams

Cons

Short breaks, pay, very strict attendance policy

If it's too good to be true, it is.

Worst place to work for EVER. They make it sound like you can move up, but instead, they use you for all they can get out of you without having to promote (meaning pay you more). It is so much fun being a grown adult and having your freaking bathroom breaks scheduled for you, especially after having children. The scrutiny over stupid phone calls is over the top ridiculous. Warning: This job can send you into a spiral of depression!!!

Pros

Ummmmm??

Cons

Pretty much everything.

Good job

Good job except managers are drunksIf you can work well with ignorance than this is a great company for you. They will give you a strike if you miss work so I came in sick and they paid me leave. I still got a strike

Pros

Convenient

Cons

Managers aren't real professional

Acceptable

Friendly coworker. Acceptable work load. I will admit I did love working here because all of my co-workers were always friendly and just really good people to be around if you do choose to work here that's probably the only perk you'll have seen a friendly face that's just trying to make it through the day.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Staff are not accessible

Great first job right out of college

Working for Avant is my first full time job since graduating college. I enjoy what I do as a CSR/Sr. Loan Originator! But, the compensation is underwhelming. The job comes with great benefits for full time employees, but the hourly wage is less than expected, even for someone who doesn’t have previous experience in this specific field. Another thing is, there are no options for personal days or taking unpaid time off. If you have the PTO or Sick time, you can use it. Otherwise you are SOL. Additionally, I was told we get paid holidays, which I was looking forward to - but they didn’t tell me that meant they are open 365 and you just get paid extra. And if you are scheduled off on a day that a holiday falls on, you still get paid. My coworkers are diverse and make up a great team, there really seems to be a supportive family vibe in my department. But there seems to be a disconnect between departments. HR, WFM, managers, etc. don’t seem to communicate as much as they claim and things tend to call through the cracks. Overall, I give Avant 4/5, but there are some areas where the company needs to improve.

Pros

Great healthcare and other benefits, work from home, great managers.

Cons

Short breaks, no unpaid time off, “paid holidays” means you still have to work all holidays that you are regularly scheduled for.

Enjoy the environment and culture

I have no issues at all with Avant. I think the business is doing well and I see in my role an opportunity to make changes and improve and the team is accepting of ideas on this.

Pros

Flexible and adaptable

Cons

Insurance is pricey for a family and coverage isnt the best I have had. Salary is decent, could be better, but other benefits are great.

Don’t Know What They’re Doing

I currently work here. Management here really doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing sometimes. They have the transparency of a brick wall when it comes to decisions. Some people have drank the Kool Aid, but for those who haven’t, it’s readily apparent how little the company cares about you more than just being a warm body to take calls.

Pros

Low Call Volume sometimes, Wfh

Cons

Short breaks, no upward mobility, management doesn’t care about employees

Very supportive environment

I have read many reviews of Avant and I personally feel that those who have negative opinions are not taking advantage of and capitalizing on the opportunities presented to them. I am a a loan originator and have worked for various banking partner products. I have consistently had encouraging feedback and learning opportunities to expand my knowledge of each product and have been very supported by all of my superiors to learn more and grow within the company. If you are someone who welcomes feedback and the recommendations of how you can improve your job performance and be the best you can be, than this is the company for you. If you are someone who cries and whines when you are told that you have done something incorrectly and then given the steps and opportunities to learn from that mistake and do nothing with it while those informing you highlight your positive attributes, then I suggest you find work elsewhere. Avant is a company who values those who are willing to learn and grow with them, including from our mistakes. I find those who have issues with Avant are those who bounce from job to job every few months and do not know how to accept feedback and learn from it. This company sees the best in everyone they bring on and tried to nurture and grow their strengths so that we can be the best company we can be for our employees and our customers.

Pros

Fun, encouraging environment with tons of opportunities to grow, 4% 401k match, great benefits, supportive team atmosphere

Cons

Strict guidelines with compliance, but it is the financial industry and there are many federal laws and guidelines to abide by, no room for errors

Management is horrible

This would be a good company if they got rid of management and started over. There is only one good supervisor in the loan/pay department the rest are worthless

Pros

No pro

Cons

Bad management all the way around

Productive and fun place to work

Avant has a great atmosphere for all employees. They specialize in advancing who you are as an individual. Your title means a lot to Avant but your hard work and dedication means so much more. They are a great company to be apart of you won’t regret a thing.

Pros

Pay Benefits and working environment

Cons

30 min lunch break

Run. Very fast.

Low pay. Horrible Upper micromanagement that is so withdrawn from what is going on in the company. Departments don’t communicate and constantly blame each other for things that happen. .. A typical day at work is making calls to past due loans. Once you hit goal, QA will kick you out of bonus potential.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Better Call Centers in the area than this one

Working at Avant is similar to a used car dealership interaction. They tell you what they need to to get you in the door, sell you a shiny overall picture of the company and then once you are out of training there is no follow up training, the SMs for the most part try to help you but they have entire teams to run and can't serve in the role of a trainer. Training needs to be 6 weeks and agents don't need to be accountable for disciplinary action as soon as they hit the floor. SMs for the most part are pretty visible and interactive but the site leadership is horrible, the DMs and the site manager do not interact with employees or have any leadership precense. There are people who have been at Avant for over a year or more and have never had these so called leaders speak to them much less introduce themselves to their employees. The pay is one of the lowest among call centers in the Knoxville area but the quality expectations and work volume are very high. Teams are continually changing and there is a lack of stability. Some SMs are distracted by other jobs and family and don't meet with employees regularly which hurts those of us who need more training and one on one time. Changes occur and we are updated from emails and with no warning, so the delivery of these things could be better communicated. SMs get updated as soon as the agents do so they don't know anymore than we do. I don't think moving back to the office will improve things because the leadership has to care to be involved with the employees regardless of the location, at home or on the property.

Pros

Free food sometimes on site. Corporate Chicago has started sending employee thank yous

Cons

Management, training, expectations, pay, dirty bathrooms

Productive and easy going

I have worked at Avant since January 2020 and it has been a pleasure to work for a company that values their employees. The training was easygoing because of my past experience working in a call center. Very interactive group of trainers that assisted to make sure you received the knowledge to work there. When I came to the floor my Section Manager made sure that I had help if needed. Always able to receive help with reviews of phone calls to make myself better. After 6 months had a review for a pay increase and was very pleased with the results of the increase. Then the company changed their policy of reviews to make sure everyone was on the same review schedule had another review 2 months later and was pleased with the second increase. Since this pandemic has made working from the office difficult Avant made sure that their employees had the opportunity to work remotely. The company has provided equipment to make working from home a nice easy process. At the current moment I have worked from home remotely for almost a year with no plans on returning back to the office anytime soon. This transition has been wonderful because I take care of my elderly mother so not having to worry about her while working has been great.

Pros

Bonuses, work from home

Cons

Work from home only because I miss the interaction with my coworkers

Poor Direct Management and Worse Site Director Management

This company was once a really great place to work. When new site leadership came onboard, it became just another call center with a lack of concern about employees and a lack of professional leadership. Managers fell asleep at their desk and some managers would not come to work for days at a time. Site leadership is made up of bullies and leaders who lack the experience and ability to manage. They try to guilt trip and force you to work on your days off and you receive no help from managers when you fail or struggle and you are belittled. When you get a good manager you are either removed from their team or the manager is transferred or let go. Upper management interrupts you when you try to share feedback and is prepared to defend versus listen. Training should be longer.

Pros

On site benefit such as store, game room, and big work stations

Cons

Lack of stability, insufficient training, executive leadership at site level is poor

Fun workplace but no support

If you're looking for a fun place to work then this would be it. They are a fairly new company however there is no management or team support whatsoever. They expect to learn things within a day.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Cons

Everything else

Family oriented

The only con I have is.. pay can always be more. Quarterly raise.. the job is great. Management is great. Talk to a manager they have your back. Benefits are pretty awesome as well.

Pros

Benefits, swag bags, Family oriented

Cons

Pay? Start is I belive 11 or 12 an hour in TN. Depends on your typing skills.

A good, albeit stressful job. Management sucks

Every tier of management is terrible. They are a very "progressive" company so people can get in trouble for genuine concerns. The company itself is fine, the work is okay, they offer really nice bonuses, but yeah, management is terrible on site, all levels of it

Common questions about Avant

Answered by current and former employees at Avant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avant. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight