Avante Employee Reviews

A fun workplace
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 9, 2018
My days consist us coming in and getting my staff situated and giving them guidance on what they need to do during the day. My responsibilities are not limited to keeping the building running and doing a repairs Electrical Plumbing and excetera. And making sure that my staff does their jobs in and keeps the building clean and takes care of the residents that live here
Pros
This is a good job people care about one another
Cons
Healthcare
not a good place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMarch 30, 2018
has been sold and is being run by new management can not speak to how it is to work there now. dont know why this is a requirement for indeed and do not appreciate having to fill this out
Fast paced
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAFebruary 15, 2018
The work was fast paced, and could be very stressful. I found the type of patients at this facility could be medically challenging, so your assessment skills improve very quickly! There was a high turnover in management. They were very short staffed the majority of my time there. Good time management skills are a plus, because you will most likely be doing everything yourself, with no one to fall back on if you get behind. Of course at every meeting we were told assistance was there, we didn't have to do it all ourselves.....but yes, we did it all ourselves, because there is no one else and at the end of the day, your patients are ultimately your responsibility. It is definitely "kamikaze nursing." I was at this facility for several years and did fine. As long as you are a strong nurse, confident in your skills, thick skinned and able to keep up, you will be fine. Just watch your back, make sure you document everything. Employees here tend to fall into cliques, I think mainly because it is a small rural town - everyone knows (or is related to) everyone. Just hang in there, they do come around eventually.
Pros
Learn and improve your skills, fast paced
Cons
High turnover in management, watch your back
What can I say
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 30, 2018
I was let go from company because of a disagreement with another employee.... Which was not at all any fault of mine..I was talked down to and treated very unfairly.... I was screamed at and was the only one punished..the other employees wasn't...and he was the one that initiated the disagreement...it was very very unfair
Pros
Residents and some co-workers
Cons
Drama.. favorites..not enough help.. management
totally mismanaged and chaotic
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Was hired for one job. Then informed I was actually hired for something totally different! Get everything in writing! Signed up for 3 days a week and then told I had to work a 60 hr work week, after I had left my previous job. Worst mistake ever!
Pros
Cons
Don't believe anything they promise you.
I love the people that in my part of advante
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Wish I could have more hours and a little better pay but other than that I thinks it’s a good place to work. Has it’s drama just like any work place but not bad
My experience with this company
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 8, 2018
All in all my taste for this company is not good because I worked there for almost 4 years and only made minimum wage. Also I was never offered any job advancements even though I knew my job well and had the acquired skills for other positions. But the management was nice and the benefits where good but it was just a stationary job with no change of improvement.
Physical Plant needs drastic upgrade
Director Of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 6, 2017
Residents and families are the most enjoyable part of the job. Fast paced work environment with great people. Difficult to remain competitive in the marketplace due to much newer and upgraded older facilities in the competitive market in this area.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Very dreary older facility
Need major remodel and extermintation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 25, 2017
I feel sad and heavy hearted for paitents at avante. I wish i could have made the horriable bug problem and, unhealty living conditions but when report was just decussed never any action. They need to do something. I wouldnt recommend sending family, or to seek employment with this company I feel they should be shut down and brought up to code.
Pros
Pay extra and bonus for over time and still over time pay too
Cons
Bugs, untreated highly contagise infections etc. No action done sometimes for over 4 months or longer
Depressing culture
Director of Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 9, 2017
No management support. Unrealistic job requirements. Poor pay, no bonus incentives. I do not have anything more to state about this company. I would not work for them again.
Pros
Working with the senior population and helping families
Cons
cut throat management
Ugh
Housekeeper, laundry aide, floortech. (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLNovember 3, 2017
To much drama. To much problems period. Poorly run. Run down facility. Management was questionable. The pay is not comparative. The facility is old and in severe need of renovation. Some of the restrooms smelled like urine all the time. Food was not that good. Would not put someone I loved in there.
Pros
Days off.
Cons
To much to list.
Nursing home that provided care to long term skilled and rehab patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 17, 2017
My typical work day was very busy with supervision of nursing staff and providing care to my patients. I miss working with the patients and there staff because of the connection and togetherness among the employees.
Productive workplace
Android Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 30, 2017
This is a good place for start your developer career. The development department is not the primary part of this company. So they don't focused on it management technologies like Agile or other.
Bad
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 7, 2017
You hardly ever have the tools or supplies that you need to work with. Briefs, gloves, wipes, creams, etc.... They have hardly enough help. Agency is working for them and they still don't have enough help. They work their workers shortly all the time.
Pros
Cons
Needs better management
Great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 2, 2017
It was a wonderful experience to work with the staff. The company is very willing to educate the new nurses. Dealing with different patients that are long term or short term allows exposure to improve skills.
Clean, organized, team work. Great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 27, 2017
Great environment.. Team work, dedicated staff. Clean. Organized. Decent pay. Work with you. As far as scheduling. Family oriented. Fun caring residents.
Meh
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 19, 2017
Job wasn't too great. They were unwilling to hire more employees and the workload just continued to get heavier because more people left due to lack of employee help. They cared more about money than the well-being of their patients. I couldn't leave because I was trapped in a contract. Only thing keeping me from one-starring it is the pay was the highest in the county.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Literally everything else
Stressful
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 8, 2017
Dementia and Alzheimer's everywhere, I loved the patients but was not fond of the resources we had to be able to take care of them. Understaffed and needs help badly.
happy place to work that can get interesting
Housekeeper/CNA (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMarch 27, 2017
My favorite thing about being a housekeeper is chatting to residents, making them laugh and doing the little things that make a difference to their lives. the hardest was trying not to get too attached to the residents
The residents are sweet, but the people who run it...
CNA/Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Lets just say most days working here you'll want to run out of the building crying. Unfair, understaffed, no one cares about you or how many hours you work, just as long as you get your work done. You work a 16 hour shift, and they'll ask you to do it again the next day. I would't recommend working here, or sending loved ones here.
Pros
The activities for the residents are awesome