AvantGuard Monitoring Centers Employee Reviews

Passive Aggressive and dishonest
Blank (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 6, 2019
The company fronts as a cool, fun, hip place to work.

The reality is they are passive aggressive towards employees, especially whistleblowers. They are dishonest with employees and customers. One workforce investigation would shut this place down.

Leadership is dishonest, misleading, self-interested, manipulative, and cold-hearted with a smile. Never assume you can trust anyone from Avantgurad or believe anything they say.
Pros
New building.
Cons
Dishonest, manipulative, unethical
Productive and Fun work place with ping pong table!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 2, 2018
I loved every minute of working with this company! The management is flexible with you and very reliable. They always have fun activities for their employees and catered lunches or breakfast at times. Their pay is perfect and getting paid weekly is a huge bonus for me. They are flexible in all the right areas and willing to work with you if you are going to school! The company is really there to help you succeed and if you put in the work getting promoted is easily accomplished. I wish I didn't have to leave them so soon and I wish I still worked for them I miss them all!
Productive fun workplace with a pingpong table
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 18, 2018
Avantguard Monitoring is a great place to work. Sometimes the job can be stressful/difficult, but the management is very good about having activities/events that help lessen the stress and make it a fun, friendly place to work.
Takes Care of their Employee's
Trainer/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 9, 2018
I have learned a lot of leadership skills from this job which I am excited to take with me in my future career. The people that work for this company are caring and look out for one another.
Stressful, High expectations
Team Mentor Operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 21, 2018
I loved my job until I was advanced to the special team they have for customer service/technical support. I had an awful team lead who always put themselves before others and would always be late (even for breaks) but never got called out for it. Plus, I was never trained for that team (even after asking to be trained several times) and still got in trouble for every mistake I made. It was so stressful that it caused me to get physically ill everytime I had to work. Loved my regional manager, but my team lead was awful, which made the experience awful.
Pros
Pay is great, hours are easy to get
Cons
Open 24/7, work weekends/holidays, scheduler sucked and often scheduled you for times you had school
Non-Stop and Fast-Paced work environment
Alarm Dispatcher / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2018
During my time with Avantguard, I enjoyed staying busy everyday at a quick pace. Dispatching for alarms can be very stressful at times, but with all the training that is given, you are never at a loss of what to do. The only reason I do not still work there is because I was not able to relocate to the main branch at the time. I would fully recommend anyone wanting a fast paced work environment that can stay calm under pressure, to apply here!
Pros
Sense of Accomplishment, Helping people
Cons
Stressful at times
A great short time job.
Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 27, 2018
I started to AG right after High School. They hired me with no prior experience and an unimpressive resume. I worked there for approximately 3 years and 8 months before being let go. I would recommend this job to many of my friends even now. AG has a great environment, good people, and compensates their employees well ($.50 raises each year plus $100 referral bonus if someone you bring in stays for 90 days!) The work isn't easy but for a college student in Rexburg it's also the best paying job you will get. Management can be a little wonky at times but they do listen to feedback especially if you are just honest and approach them when something occurs. The one downfall of AG in my mind is the fact that they are growing as a company so fast but are not necessarily hiring people at the same rate. Also, the chance to move up is not very big. I got very stuck in my position as a TM (team mentor) for more than 2 years which ended up leading to me being let go. I DO NOT recommend this job as a long-term job for anyone, it gets extremely monotonous and just plain stressful. I loved that I was able to help people here but I am also ready to be done with the place after almost 4 years of the same work.
Pros
In house market (snacks and drinks), Caring management, amazing culture.
Cons
Hard to progress, stressful, have to work weekends.
We c.A.R.E. First!
ALARM OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 22, 2018
The company is fairly new and the management is fairly disorganized. Long hours, monotonous, pays well for Rexburg, but you'er locked to a chair for 8 hours. Depending on shift length determines your breaks. To put it in perspective 5 hours gets you a 15 minute break. Typical call center job. The management is so messed up it seems that new decisions on procedure are being produced bi-weekly. Coaches (basically supervisors) offer "huddles" (meetings) every week...if they get to it. So that helpful procedure changing info may not get to you for a week or so. That and those same huddles are used for telling you about your QA ( performance stats). Which, might also be important to know. The SC's (shift coordinators) are great though. They should be getting paid the most and its strange why their pay is so close to a regular operators. They honestly are the operation managers of the center so it baffles me why a ops manager is really needed. The company is alright but if your not looking to do the same thing, day in and day out for hours on end and need human interaction. Steer clear.
Pros
Nice health insurance.
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, new company
Decent
Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 20, 2018
Everyone is friendly and always welcoming during your 2 weeks of training. They have day, swings, & graveyard shifts, ranging from 3-8 hour shifts. I worked graveyards, with only 8 hours shifts available. Nights went by slowly, & our shift was allowed on the internet, where as other shifts were not. You usually get an alarm on your screen, call the residence to see if they are okay, ask if they would like to send authorities, if not, you clear the alarm & close out, if they do you go through the procedure with police dispatch. Decent job.
Pros
Got paid weekly, great coworkers, thorough training
Cons
Shift only had 8 hours, repetitive
Cutthroat and Petty Management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 8, 2018
People care more about their own advancement and paycheck than they do about fellow co-workers. They are not flexible with hours and expect you to put your job as the very first priority in your life. (So you can forget about school, family, or holidays.)
Pros
Good money
Cons
Petty Management
Amazing atmosphere and excellent supervisors
Medical Emergency Call Monitoring Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 4, 2018
Avantguard was an amazing place to work. The center I worked at handled medical alarms specifically which was both the hardest part of the job and the most rewarding part of the job as well. My managers and supervisors were fantastic! They encouraged us to perform to our best ability, but were also extremely approachable and always gave good feedback. It was a very friendly atmosphere.
Great college job, flexible work schedule
Team Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 4, 2018
This was a part time job while I was in school and they were willing to work with my changing school schedule and get to enough (or close to it) hours per week
Pros
New facilities, frequent breaks, opportunity to pick up more hours
Cons
high staff turnover (college town)
Awesome Company!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 12, 2017
Avantguard is the best! The work can be intense but everybody carries their weight and works together to save lives all day everyday. For the operators the schedule is very flexible, perfect for students. There is opportunity for growth and pursuing education is encouraged.
Would not recommend working here
Dispatch Operator/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 11, 2017
Really High turn over rate, managers write you up for real stupid things, very strict on taking time off,!have to work holiday ( Christmas, thanksgiving) younger crowd, go over what you do wrong every week, very negative atmosphere.
Would not waste your time! They play favorites!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Work holidays, Get points for everything, Get in trouble for everything
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 4, 2017
Avantguard is a great company that truly sticks to its motto of We Care FIRST! They care about their subscribers 100% and they also care that much about their employees. They are very competitive with their pay and there are lots of opportunities to advance and grow.
Pros
Good pay, fun environment, lots of opportunity.
Cons
can be stressful
"We care FIRST" is a sham
Central Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 9, 2017
I worked here for over three years and I loved it at the start. Eventually, it all fell apart. Admin stopped caring about employees and do/did not want to hear feedback on areas for improvement or things that would benefit employees or new hires. They have decided it's easier to fire people and have a high turnover rate than make actual improvements.
The job is fast paced and not overtly complicated. You have a script for your calls which helps you most of the time. You are QA'ed up to 6 calls a week and earn points for each which result in write ups. Instead of learning what you did wrong, you start getting scared of losing your job. Additionally, the attendance policy is strict and non-forgiving.
You do start at 12$/hour but good luck getting any other raises. It's nearly impossible to get out of central and even some promotions within central don't come with raises. You do get 0.50$ after a year if you can make it that long.
If you're part time, you have to either work alternating weekends or always work a Sat or Sun. If you're full time, you choose between a Fri/Sat weekend, or a Sun/Mon. You have to request time off at least a month in advance but unless you request time off at least 3-6 months early, good luck getting any holidays off. The central station is 24/7 unfortunately. So "we care FIRST" if you're in admin. You'll have holidays off and plenty of free time. And if you're in central, at least you MIGHT get a free lunch for working on Christmas.
You'll have a huge new break room if you work here but it's not like there is time to enjoy it. The people are
  more... generally nice but there's rarely time to talk to anyway because shifts are always understaffed and management doesn't care and doesn't do anything.  less
Pros
Paid weekly, always free hours available to pick up
Cons
Unlikely promotions, absent management
Ever changing expectations, unclear management direction
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 8, 2017
With several managers all with their own idea's of how procedures should be followed, it's difficult to make sure you're following the correct procedures you'll be graded on. Schedule was great, except Sundays are required and hard to find coverage for, unless you pay someone to take your shift. This is a good job if you can't find anything else. Expect to work all holidays, weekends and breaks between semesters. It's impossible to move up in the company and don't expect any raises. Parties are fun, unless you're scheduled to work.
Pros
Nice building, Schedule swapping
Cons
No flexibility, unclear and inconsistent management direction
Honest feedback
Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 5, 2017
This job was fun at first. The management team however, manages to suck the life out of you. Turnover is very high here and for obvious reasons. We are constantly understaffed and have to pick up the work load of a full staff. the pay is not enough to live on.
Pros
benefits, paid breaks
Cons
bad managers, low pay, negativity
Learning experience
Consultant and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 25, 2017
I learned a lot about retaining information, customer service, and time management. The hardest part of the job is retaining all the training information. the training program is 2 weeks and covers a lot of important information that is required for this job.
Pros
shifts
Cons
training program
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 23, 2017
This is a very laxed environment. So many part time people which dont seem to care for the job or customers. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
The paychecks cleared...
Cons
Poor management/low pay/no structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AvantGuard Monitoring Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

AvantGuard Monitoring Centers Reviews by Location