Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Employee Reviews

United States30 reviews
A good starter position for customer service experience
I loved working for this company, but during the holidays it was truly hectic. There really wasn't any room to grow within this company either. It is a good place to learn customer service experience.
Couldn’t work with my schedule
It’s a easy job just the people and environment is not all that great...
they don’t know how to work with their works and help make a schedule that helps me
Wasn’t horrible
The holidays are very stressful and busy especially Mother’s Day it’s a warehouse environment very fast paced very stressful if you aren’t quick to learn and move quickly
Bit stressful
As an employee your were pressed to be always in your job... Even though you didn't have anything to do, managers were always giving you reports even for going to the restroom, managers always helped you if you had some doubts but their treatment was not always the right one.
Pros
Various benefits
Cons
Lack of working culture
Pretty standard
Pretty standard e-commerce location and job duties. Management that was present during my time was incredibly supportive and helpful. The Human Resources Department Manager Ashley was a huge positive on a daily basis.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Helps skills
it adds to your resume because you are doing different things and not just what you were hired to do, you may want to find a part time like I did. only busy during holidays
Pros
Overtime on holidays
Cons
Cannot depend on hours or pay
Great
Avas had a great team of passionate and dedicated workers. We worked well as a team and under high pressure. I think it was a great work experience. and I learned and grew from it.
Overall its a great job
You get to interact with customers, build a connection, assist with their needs, Commision by the minute it's a great way to build your customer service skills overall it's a good job it's just that if you miss days it's deducted out of your commission 10% for one day 20% two days 25% three says 35% four days Etc.
Pros
Develops customer service skills, learn data base, data entry, etc
Cons
Lose pay for absences
Horrible Place to Work
Heed this warning...DO NOT APPLY. This is a horrible place to work for. The turnover rate is VERY high. You won't last long, no matter how good you are. The "Leader" of the company is easily the worst "Leader" that you will ever encounter in your career. He could care less about the people that work for him and make him wealthy. He consistently talks down to everyone and makes overly emotional decisions that are not good for the long term prosperity of the company. Morale is super low, the office is dark and gloomy, there is no appreciation for hard work, and there is simply no room for advancement. You have plenty of other places to apply to. You can do without this one.
Pros
None. Zero.
Cons
Everything.
Excellent place to grow internationally
I was located in a contact center abroad, and was a life changing experience.
From The outstanding training to the great techniques, if you want to graduate from inbound rapport creating techniques, it's the place to do it.
Save your time!
This place is very disorganized. You deal with customer complaints and canceling with florists regardless if you personally feel it's right. They use you while they can, then terminate you. During busy holiday season, you'll work a 12hr day, 7 days a week and if your lucky, receive an hour break (split into 30 minutes at a time).
Cons
Short breaks, disorganized
Terrible Company.
Floral Sweatshop. The worst job I have ever had. Business practices barely legal. Unethical treatment of consumers and employees.
Pros
Paycheck did not bounce
Cons
Sweatshop like conditions
Wonderful Team Atmosphere
Truly enjoyed working with my fellow sales and customer service representatives and managers. The friendly team atmosphere combined with a near endlessly strong work-ethic was a true pleasure to be a part of.
Management SUCKS, CEO SUCKS.. Everyone here is miserable
Im not going to waste my time writing about how HORRIBLE this company is. Dont work here, for your sanity. THey dont care about you o your personal life.
Productive and fun work place.
Good environment to work, and management and HR are very friendly and helpful. The commission for sales should definitely be more, and the promises of position advancement often fall short. Overall its a great opportunity but not a career position.
Pros
Commission and performance incentives.
Cons
Low commission rate.
Not a good company to grow with.
Not a good company to work for. Employees are replaced daily. Management and company policies were deplorable. Breaks were not given regularly. You were spoken down to and treated like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Trained to lie to the customers, treated horribly, breaks were not regulated.
Fun and exciting
It is exciting to work for a company that is actively growing and being part of it. We are always striving to do more and do it better. My day revolves around some standard task but I also take on special project for other departments. My days are never boring and its is nice to have different tasks to perform. There is plently of room to grow and advance here.
The taking of orders never got boring. Each order was for a different occasion or reason. The pace was quick and the day went by quickly with very little down time. All in all the environment was good and the people I worked with were good. I left of my own accord when I decided to attend college full time.
Pros
Room for advancement
Great Place to Work
I enjoyed coming to work every day. I liked my co-workers and the managers were friendly. The pace of the day was quick and I never felt like the day was dragging. I would probally still be working here if other aspects in my life take me away. Their seemed to be room for advancement.
Pros
Good work environment
Pleasant atomospher
The work day here was never slow. Always busy which was great made the hours fly by. Took sales call most of the day interspersed with some coaching. Loved being able to add to base bay with a variety of incentives. Over all a positive working experience.

Dealing with very upset customers ordering sympathy flowers was sometimes difficult. Managers were reasonable and willing to help you overcome any difficulties you were having.

Overall not a bad job.
Pros
Room for advancement, stimulating work
Fast paced and exciting never boring
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm down angry callers and repair relationship, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pace at times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avas Flowers. Our community is ready to answer.