Avas Flowers

Working at Avas Flowers: 34 Reviews

United States34 reviews

daytimegoodworkjobemployeehourgreat

A good starter position for customer service experience

I loved working for this company, but during the holidays it was truly hectic. There really wasn't any room to grow within this company either. It is a good place to learn customer service experience.

Not good for Mental health

They put a lot of pressure in their employees and is biased as they favor their spanish team than the others. The managers are way too bossy and only cares about sales.

Avas Flowers insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Seasonal

It is a seasonal job . You are needed Feb through May. After Mothers Day you are let go . Then they re hire new people following Feb. Pay is minimum wage. Commission paid Monthly on forced sales of full sized card, balloon, streamers.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Temp job even though they dont admit it.

worst company, worst management

worst company, worst management. I wish i have never applied to this company. they never cared about their employees, they suck. Its even very hard to go on bio.

Pros

nothing that i could remember

Cons

worst company, worst management

One of worse company I have worked for

Some of my coworkers made it worth it to come to work. Lasted more than I wanted but I did learn how to deal with customers with limited options (no refund to any customers unless approved by managers. Even with that, managers had to get approval from their managers). They once switched the "policy" midway through "Valentine's Day" season, which is no refund after 12/24 hours of purchase ( 2015) on their website. Once I was late cause of traffic and they automatically deducted my pay. One of my co workers was fired cause he fell asleep on his break time. Without hesitation, the owner (Matt) saw him and told his managers to send him. And thats right after the whole staff had a 14 hour shift for a whole week straight.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Couldn’t work with my schedule

It’s a easy job just the people and environment is not all that great... they don’t know how to work with their works and help make a schedule that helps me

Wasn’t horrible

The holidays are very stressful and busy especially Mother’s Day it’s a warehouse environment very fast paced very stressful if you aren’t quick to learn and move quickly

Bit stressful

As an employee your were pressed to be always in your job... Even though you didn't have anything to do, managers were always giving you reports even for going to the restroom, managers always helped you if you had some doubts but their treatment was not always the right one.

Pros

Various benefits

Cons

Lack of working culture

Pretty standard

Pretty standard e-commerce location and job duties. Management that was present during my time was incredibly supportive and helpful. The Human Resources Department Manager Ashley was a huge positive on a daily basis.

Helps skills

it adds to your resume because you are doing different things and not just what you were hired to do, you may want to find a part time like I did. only busy during holidays

Pros

Overtime on holidays

Cons

Cannot depend on hours or pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Avas Flowers?

Great

Avas had a great team of passionate and dedicated workers. We worked well as a team and under high pressure. I think it was a great work experience. and I learned and grew from it.

Overall its a great job

You get to interact with customers, build a connection, assist with their needs, Commision by the minute it's a great way to build your customer service skills overall it's a good job it's just that if you miss days it's deducted out of your commission 10% for one day 20% two days 25% three says 35% four days Etc.

Pros

Develops customer service skills, learn data base, data entry, etc

Cons

Lose pay for absences

Horrible Place to Work

Heed this warning...DO NOT APPLY. This is a horrible place to work for. The turnover rate is VERY high. You won't last long, no matter how good you are. The "Leader" of the company is easily the worst "Leader" that you will ever encounter in your career. He could care less about the people that work for him and make him wealthy. He consistently talks down to everyone and makes overly emotional decisions that are not good for the long term prosperity of the company. Morale is super low, the office is dark and gloomy, there is no appreciation for hard work, and there is simply no room for advancement. You have plenty of other places to apply to. You can do without this one.

Pros

None. Zero.

Cons

Everything.

Excellent place to grow internationally

I was located in a contact center abroad, and was a life changing experience. From The outstanding training to the great techniques, if you want to graduate from inbound rapport creating techniques, it's the place to do it.

Save your time!

This place is very disorganized. You deal with customer complaints and canceling with florists regardless if you personally feel it's right. They use you while they can, then terminate you. During busy holiday season, you'll work a 12hr day, 7 days a week and if your lucky, receive an hour break (split into 30 minutes at a time).

Cons

Short breaks, disorganized

Terrible Company.

Floral Sweatshop. The worst job I have ever had. Business practices barely legal. Unethical treatment of consumers and employees.

Pros

Paycheck did not bounce

Cons

Sweatshop like conditions

Wonderful Team Atmosphere

Truly enjoyed working with my fellow sales and customer service representatives and managers. The friendly team atmosphere combined with a near endlessly strong work-ethic was a true pleasure to be a part of.

Management SUCKS, CEO SUCKS.. Everyone here is miserable

Im not going to waste my time writing about how HORRIBLE this company is. Dont work here, for your sanity. THey dont care about you o your personal life.

Productive and fun work place.

Good environment to work, and management and HR are very friendly and helpful. The commission for sales should definitely be more, and the promises of position advancement often fall short. Overall its a great opportunity but not a career position.

Pros

Commission and performance incentives.

Cons

Low commission rate.

Not a good company to grow with.

Not a good company to work for. Employees are replaced daily. Management and company policies were deplorable. Breaks were not given regularly. You were spoken down to and treated like garbage.

Pros

Cons

Trained to lie to the customers, treated horribly, breaks were not regulated.

Fun and exciting

It is exciting to work for a company that is actively growing and being part of it. We are always striving to do more and do it better. My day revolves around some standard task but I also take on special project for other departments. My days are never boring and its is nice to have different tasks to perform. There is plently of room to grow and advance here.

Common questions about Avas Flowers

Answered by current and former employees at Avas Flowers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avas Flowers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits