Avaya
69Average

Avaya Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA35 reviews
This was a difficult company to work for due to the fact that when I joined it had just merged with Nortel. This made for a difficult transition in determining the workplace culture
My 7 years tenure at Avaya Government Solutions was a blast. I had work tasks that challenged my ability to apply critical thinking in defining tactical and strategic solutions.
he wood-panelled tailgate of the 1972 Oldsmobile station wagon dangled open like a broken jaw, making a wobbly bench on which four kids could sit, eight legs swinging. Every Sunday morning, long before dawn, we’d get yanked out of bed to stuff the car’s way-back with stacks of twine-tied newspapers, clamber onto the tailgate, cut the twine with my mother’s sewing scissors, and ride around town, bouncing along on that bench, while my father shouted out orders from the driver’s seat. “Watch out for the dog!” he’d holler between draws on his pipe. “Inside the screen door!” “Mailbox!” As the car crept along, never stopping, we’d each grab a paper and dash in the dark across icy driveways or dew-drunk grass, crashing, seasonally, into unexpected snowmen. “Back porch!” “Money under the mat!” He kept a list, scrawled on the back of an envelope, taped to the dashboard: the Accounts. “They owe three weeks!” He did
Great company, collaborative team. Working in the DC area is the only negative. Expensive cost of living and the commute is long no matter how close you are to the office location.
My direct surpervisor is a great guy to work for. He has been very supportive. Company communications are passed along very well among everyone. Team work is the practice around here.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good pay but long hours and a lot of travel. Past paced with constant changes; management was a revolving door with very limited leadership qualities or understanding of the business requirements. The company eventually went bankrupt.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Company does not protect its employees or help them find other work within the company. Some managers ok. Our prime was a tool and did not know what he was doing.
Workload is reasonable.
Management is not micromanage.

Relaxed environment at client site (US Army OAA Agency)

Employee have enough time to complete the assigned project/task
Very much enjoyed the customer interface, design work and interaction with sales team. Typical day included customer meetings, both face to face and conference calls. Meetings would define customer challenges and design criteria. My responsibility included discovery, design, pricing and solution presentation. Loved the work. I took the retirement package but desire to return to the job.
Pros
Great sales team and products
Cons
Rumors of layoff and company instability
good people, good learning with technologies and security within the DOD environment. I don't believe this company is around anymore. I believe they were bought out by Cambridge.
It was no fun to work with the team since everyone is just working. The hardest of the job in my team was unfair from manager. Overall, it's just OK .
I enjoyed working with Avaya Federal Solutions team which was a subset business unit of the larger Avaya corporation. The work was challenging and fulfilling. Little by little the corporation took away 401k matching and accrued vacation days.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No 401k matching
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment and work independently requiring a high degree of resourcefulness and sound judgment.
Ability to move and lift items up to 50 pounds, and rearrange or move furniture with the aid of moving equipment

Ability to communicate and interact with all management and staff in a professional manner.
Pros
team player
Cons
Ability to communicate and interact
Ok experience . Fair pay . Allowed to work remotely . Good manager , great team . Flexible job. Interesting work . some travel .
Been with the company a few years and it's a very technology oriented company. Management is open to new ideas; hardwork pays off.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
na....
Good opportunity for advancement. Great benefits and vacation packages. Great opportunities to grow your knowledge on upcoming technologies.
Pros
company vehicle to take home
Cons
workload at times
Exactly as stated in summary title. Management doesn't care about the employees. To be transparent, I worked for this company when it was known as Nortel Government Solutions. So perhaps the name change and whatever other changes came with it changed the culture as well. But when I left, I was unhappy with the zero consideration my employers had towards me expanding my family.
My typical day at work was gathering requirements, preparing requirement document and communicating with developers.

I learned how to create/update different requirement documents.

Management was helpful.

My co-workers were friendly.

The hardest part of the job was closing the gap between the users requirement and the developers understanding.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new applications.
Daily activity extremely busy
Expediting purchase order request to meet customer deliverable requirements.

Turning unhappy customers into happy, happy customers

enjoyed working suppliers, external customers, and internal customers.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
long work days
Best company i have worked for by far great pay great benefits management staff works with you both work and personal. you work 9 to 5 never work on weekends unless you want to. co- workers were great to work with more like family than co- workers
Pros
Everything is payed for when you on the road
Cons
work only by contracts
I'm not sure why you need this info? The company was ok to work for but it's time to move on. I learned a lot but not from the schools they didn't send me too.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avaya. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.