Aveanna Healthcare Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 18, 2019
Awesome staff, good atmosphere to work in, staff dedicated to their clients. Everyone did a good job to care for the clients. A typical day at work was pleasant and filled with great care to patients.
This company is HORRIBLE!
Biller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Let’s start with management very stand offish and make you feel like you are beaneath them. This company does not care about employees only money coming in! There are better companies to work for out there.
Worse place I could have ever chosen to work at.
PDN (Former Employee) –  Olmito, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I had applied for FT work and was given less than part time. I was told I would get a FT pt so I hung in there for a month and kept getting screwed until I finally had enough and left. Why would they advertise that they are hiring ALL over the valley and not live up to their word. I have never dealt with a company like this, and it is such a shame coming from a PEDIATRIC nursing company. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It is just a waste of time when you can be working 40 hours or more somewhere else.
Highly recommended care of the kids get that heal highly recommended care of the kids get ADT and Avann
That way just us driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Driving a bus , with The type of hours You need to drive and The responsibility of driving to kids homes and bringing them back and forth to the center , there are no raises , no cost a living , no benefits , no incentives , very low pay compared to other school bus driver in area
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Good people to work withThat way just
Horrible
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I love my patients and the families, they are really the only reason I have kept my job with aveanna (psa/epic) but the job doesn’t pay enough for having absolutely HORRIBLE benefits! No vacation time/PTO/sick time since the merger & its getting worse ! The Heath insurance is a complete joke, it doesn’t cover anything & no one near the area will even accept it. When you find someone to accept it the insurance fights you on everything.
Cons
Horrible benefits
Not what I expected
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Advertise for higher pay rate but pay well under. Even looking at pay rate on here I get paid well under this. I work 36+ hours a week and receive absolutely NO benefits because I'm "part time". Even McDonald's offers benefits if you work over 25. Have to fight for supplies. I ask 3 weeks before I will run out and still have to by my own supplies to cover. Constant struggle to get someone to contact you back. Even the families complain about this.
Pros
Family
Cons
No benefits, low pay, constant lies
Such a waste of time
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Epic Health Services of Houston South is by far the worst experience of my Nursing career. The office staff are compulsive liars and will play with the nurses pay and hours. The schedule people create the most problems! You never get to collaborate with the nurse management in the office. In two years, I don’t know who the DON or nurse supervisors are. The families love the nurses, but constantly complain about the office staff. Their incompetent, inconsiderate, and dishonest! After two and a half years, I finally had enough and quit! I felt bad to leave the caring client and family, but I couldn’t deal with the office staff shenanigans any longer. No raises ever! No vacation pay! No personal days! Poor Health benefits! No bereavement pay! Again, the worst company ever! They mistreat the nurses and have no shame about it.
Pros
The clients and families
Cons
The Whole company is a disaster
Do work here the worst place to work as an lpn
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2019
Unprofessional Las Vegas
Made the mistake of taking a job with them and I soon realize and regretted it
Save yourself the stress
No supplies have buy with the already low salary they offer
They don’t value your time.
Lowest salary in our area
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Was with this company for 10 years. Never got so much as a cost of living raise. Management changes constantly. Patients were always pretty nice though.
Pros
Nice patients.
Cons
Lowest wage in our area.
Worst place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2019
Shows preferential treatment. Very low pay. Expect a person to travel for miles with no consideration of fair compensation. Tell lies about your pay to get you to work then still pay the minimal possible. Scum of the earth.

Want to know more about Aveanna Healthcare?

Ask a question
Peds Nurse home health
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2019
This company is great! The office members try their best to make you and the patients happy. They genuinly care about you well being. You can work as little or as much as you would like. Management is very friendly. The supervisors for clinical care are not thorough for some cases. Often times the nurse has to get the needed information from the doctor and fax it over. Some days you don't have necessary equipment such as a MAR.
Pros
fun environment once you find a good case, scheduling is easy and lenient, low stress environment
Cons
no pay if your canceled, no PTO, pay is low and often times incorrect
Miss the Old Company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 6, 2019
Aveanna is a cancer, going around and buying up GOOD private duty 1:1 companies (like the one I initially was hired to a few years ago) and turning them into just another profit-making machine for bilking Medicaid. The local manager was/is GREAT but quickly became stymied by big corporate's new mandates as we got bought out by Aveanna. We have gotten NO NEW cases in quite some time, despite having several patients no longer with us. The only upside is being able to make your own schedule, but when there are no desirable cases within an HOUR (despite promises "we're getting some, we're getting some soon!") nurses are going to leave...which is a catch-22 because then they complain of being short staffed and use that as an excuse not to take on more cases that would actually entice nurses to work for them. The cases that are left over month after month are there for a reason: no one wants the ABSURD hours, hour+ commute, nasty parents, incredibly fragile patients, or any combination thereof. The schedulers don't have a clue of what they're doing and, since being bought by Aveanna, the company can't seem to submit an accurate payroll. If it weren't for mandated sick time laws, they'd be happy to give us absolutely NO benefits whatsoever, so even though the hourly pay is higher than other jobs in the area, you're not actually making that much more because you get NO vacation time, NO health insurance, etc.
Good Place to Start
Registered Behavioral Technician/ ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Upon hiring there were a few kinks but with ABA being a new branch for Aveanna I guess that is to be expected. Managment are always working with you not against you and never be afraid to ask questions. Love the fact I can make my own schedule basically. Great part time work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Benefits pacakge isnt all that great
Lpn field nurse DONT BOTHER
Field Nurse LVN (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 20, 2018
Bought out original company I started with. Went from full medical benifits to minimum required that doesn't cover anything. They don't care about the nurses that are the backbone of the company. Office management gets vacation time and other benifits but don't offer it to the nurses. Give sign on bonuses but refuses to give raises to the nurses. No raise in 4 years. Don't bother. Much better companies to work for. Will be leaving soon.
Pros
Families
Cons
No raises, no PTO, no major medical, poor management
Direct Support Professiona (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 19, 2018
I have worked for this company thru 3 mergers. Must say this has been a wonderful Experience 4 myself and my clients..office staff always willing to communicate and participate n resolving issues.. all jobs hav pros and cons but I personally could not b more satisfied with the overall atmosphere. Communication is what you make of it..
Love the patients but was treated like garbage by every non clinical staff member
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJDecember 12, 2018
This place is a joke no health insurance for their nurses yet their office people sitting on their chair list great benefits working every day no vacation no sick time no raise no Christmas bonus disgusting company to work for no respect for nurses non clinical staff very nasty basically working like a slave for chump change
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor people pay no insurance no support
Love My Job!
Private Duty LPN (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 10, 2018
I have been working at Aveanna Healthcare for 7 months. I really enjoy the families I've encountered and management has been awesome! They are very personable and understanding. I sincerely love how extremely flexible the agency is.
Pros
Medical Insurance, 401k
Cons
No paid time off, No sick time
horrible
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 9, 2018
Unprofessional management, tense work environment. extremely long work hours is an expectation, unfair and bias, no training you must teach yourself
Pros
Building
Cons
no breaks no lunch no professionalism
professional environment
LPN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 7, 2018
The atmosphere is relaxed and professional. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. They are also understanding of your schedule with other jobs and obligations.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
not applicable
Only offered Start Of Care's!
RN per diem (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 7, 2018
Hired as a per diem nurse for local area. Trained locally but never once asked to do visits close to home. Only offered mostly STARTS OF CARE... Only 1 and it was usually at least a one hr drive. Who in their right mind is going to travel 2 hrs to and from for 5 hrs of work for $35? Or one visit in a town one hr away for 30$... Not happening.
Pros
Cons
No work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aveanna Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1