Play YouTube video button

Aveanna Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,620 reviews
Found 1,620 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Aveanna Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Great growing company
Good place to work. Flexible scheduling. I have enjoyed working here. The managers are helpful and friendly. Nurse managers are also very helpful. There is always someone to answer questions.
October 3, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We are honored to have you as part of the Aveanna family and are so glad to hear that you have found the team at your location to be so supportive. Thanks again for sharing and have a great day!
Not a good place to work
Aveanna hires temporary/contract workers for the purpose of not providing any type of benefits but promises to hire permanent just to let you go after a few months after hiring more contract workers who will work for less money
Had a great culture until they forced out the great talent!
I enjoyed it while it lasted (my EPIC family). Great people made it a great company until it all changed. I enjoyed coming to work, making an impact with nurses and families in need. Then it all changed. A centralized team was broken up into multiple regions. Recruiting wasn't the same after that.
May 22, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the changes of the recruiting structure. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, we would be happy to connect with you. Feel free to reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com. Thank you.
Excellent Charge Nurse But.....
They offer little pay, managers will ignore you, and RNs tend to stick to one person only to do their supervisory visits. The EMR is poor and offers little ways to elaborate documentation and no true way to fix your errors when made.
Their cases for the most part have very nice families. They require you to do a meet and greet with the family and train for 2 days before agreeing to the case so that you are not just thrown to the wolves.

I have also been lied about to the family in regards to days requested off (office denying knowledge of time taking off) so make sure you have proof of conversation for preservation of your reputation with the family.
Pros
PTO insurance and 401k, great for new LPNs
Cons
poor pay, poor emr, and poor office planning
May 22, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you appreciate our extensive orientation process for our nurses. We are sorry to hear that you have been disappointed in other aspects. We would like to connect with you to hear more about this situation and see what we can do to help. Please feel free to reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com. Thank you.
basically the same as any other company that provides in-home nursing
no opportunity for advancement.

In-home schedules are flexible. Only have to accept patients / environments that you choose.

travel time can be a problem
Pros
clinical supervisors are very nice and helpful
Cons
health insurance is more of a discount plan with select providers rather than actual insurance
May 22, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to leave us a review. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed our flexible scheduling! However, we are sorry to hear you feel there is no opportunity for advancement. We strive to always provide our nurses with the advancement opportunities they need. If you could reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com with your contact information, we will have a member of our leadership team reach out to you to discuss advancement opportunities that are available to you. Thank you!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive and flexible hours
They work with you when you need hours and if you are not comfortable about a patient they will work with you to find a good match. The staff is easy to get along with and are there to help you and the patients.
May 22, 2020
Thank you so much for your kind words! We make it a priority to provide our caregivers with flexible schedules and to ensure they work with families that are the perfect match for them. Thanks again for your feedback and have a great day!
Interesting work place
This job can be laid back but strick. You have someones else"s life in your hands. Although for what I do I think a paid raise is deserved. Also, I don't get many hours either.
Pros
paid lunch, no break
Cons
no hours, low pay
May 22, 2020
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with this feedback. We're glad to hear that you found Aveanna to be an interesting place to work. If you have further feedback or would like to discuss increasing your hours, please feel free to contact us at communications@aveanna.com. Thank you!
Flexible hours/ good for busy nurses. Not for long term.
The hours/scheduling is flexible, you might travel based on what assignments are available. Good for new nurses or if you’re in school/ 2nd job. if you are looking for good benefits/pay/stability this isn’t for you. no pto/vacation for field nurses. medical is expensive so you’re better off getting your own plan if you have a family because it will be cheaper and better coverage. You get 3 sick days a year. turnover is high. Easy assignments start 16-18. Difficult or trach vent patients will get you more pay.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, benefits
May 22, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our flexible scheduling. Home care nursing does come with unique benefits and challenges. We are very grateful for both our short-term and many long-term nurse team members. Thank you!
basic
I really enjoyed working with Aveanna Healthcare. But realized that it was easier for the company to let others go then it was to work through the hard times.
May 22, 2020
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with us. We always strive to work through the hard times with our team members. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com. Thank you.
Dont work for this company!!!
They will lie about having cases when they don't have any. They treat their nurses like a body and are just in it for the money. There are other companies that have cases and will treat you better. The benefits are a joke, no hospital are ED coverage. They only have aflac if you have to go in the hospital and its expensive.
May 12, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us with this feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value honesty and believe our nurses and other caregivers are the heartbeat of Aveanna. Our priority is to support them while they are providing the best possible care for our patients. We would really like an opportunity to learn more about your experiences to see how we can improve moving forward. Please email us at communications@aveanna.com at your earliest convenience so that we can connect you with the right team member. Thank you.
Terrible treatment of employees
Epic becoming Aveanna is terrible for current employees and patients. People are let go suddenly with many upset patient families and the employees have no faith in management. Morale is poor with the current negative unsupportive leadership.
May 12, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us. We are very concerned to hear that this has been your experience. We would like an opportunity to further discuss this feedback with you. If you are willing, please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com. Thank you.
Terrible
Aveanna, by far, has been the worst employment experience of my career. The office is equally bizarre as it is unhealthy. The office culture lacks respect, engagement, appreciation, etc. Leaders are under-qualified and have no idea how to run an office or lead a team. Intimidation is used to assert authority. The company only cares about profits, and little is done to develop or support their workforce. It is very sad because the work Aveanna's nurses do everyday is so incredibly important. Turnover is overwhelmingly high because employee engagement, compensation, and overall experience is overwhelmingly low.
May 12, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We couldn't agree more that the work our nurses do each day is incredibly important. We are concerned to hear about your other experiences with our company, as what you describe is not the environment we promote here at Aveanna. We always prioritize health, safety, mutual respect, and employee appreciation and engagement. If you are able, we would really appreciate it if you could contact us at communications@aveanna.com so that we can look into your situation. Thank you.
Company does care
I like the company. But, really want stability, benefits, and work closer to home.
The staff are fun and easy to. I will miss themtalk to when you have a problem
May 12, 2020
Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are always here if you need anything. Thanks again and have a great day!
Very flexible work hours
This company finds work based on your schedule. You will be introduced to a family and then based on if you and the family feel it is a good fit you will begin work usually immediately. The typical day is customized to that specific child, but involves basic care of the child to the complex things such as G-Tube feeding and med administration along with Trach and vented patient. The cases I was on are all pediatrics so it is very rewarding.
Pros
Fexible Hours
Cons
No Cons
May 12, 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your perspective with us here! We always strive to provide flexibility and to find the perfect match for both our caregivers and our families. We so happy to hear that this was your experience. Thanks again for sharing and have a great day!
Poor company culture
“Attitude reflects leadership.” While Aveanna has access to the means to invest in their personnel, implement policies which will increase employer and client retention, and lead with a clear vision, it is apparent and obvious to me and a lack of accountability will remain an issue
Pros
The services provided are fundamentally essential and rich with purpose
Cons
Toxic work culture, low pay and poor management
May 12, 2020
Hi there. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a more positive experience here at Aveanna. We are always looking for new ways to invest in our employees and improve as a company. We would welcome any feedback or suggestions you might have. Please always feel free to reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com with any feedback or concerns. Thank you.
Overall, I give a great review. Leaders are always understanding and helpful with questions at ALL times!
Clinical director always has an open door policy and she is super kind! CM and DON along with staffing are awesome!understanding and answer any questions about your case. and Office staff are amazing. Great teamwork.
Pros
Friendly staff and patients. Ongoing training requirements always provided to stay up to date.
Cons
Not enough pay espcially if you need to travel out of your local area. Incentives would be great!
May 12, 2020
Hello and thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that the leadership at your location has proven to be so supportive and understanding. We strive to provide all of our employees with the resources they need to thrive at Aveanna. Thank you for being part of our Aveanna family!
Homecare Nursing
Very family oriented, flexible hours, average pay, on top of employee education & training, easy to get responses for questions, employee recognition for good work habits
May 12, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here. We strive to provide flexible, rewarding work for our caregivers, along with a supportive, engaging environment. We are happy to hear that is exactly what you have found at Aveanna! Thanks again for sharing and for being part of the team.
The direct care providers are AMAZING to work with
Their dedication to their children and families is inspirational. They go above and beyond to support all of their families needs, tapping internal and external resources when needed.
May 12, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us. Thanks again and have a good day!
It’s ok
You are in the field doing everything, working your tail off for the company, staff sits in the nice office, managers DON’T hv your back. They wanna bill for patients$$$ is the only thing to them. Some parents think your their babysitter.
April 22, 2020
We appreciate you reaching out to us with this feedback. We are very concerned to hear that this was your experience while you worked with us. We believe caregivers are the heartbeat of our company and are committed to providing our caregivers with the support they need from office staff and managers. Our priority is providing the best possible care for our patients. We would like to connect with you so that we can learn from your experiences and improve moving forward. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com whenever you get a chance. Thank you.
Very Distasteful wouldn’t recommend to ANYONE
I say distasteful because at the beginning of my hire, Employer didn’t send out a payment to me that was supposed to be sent to me. The payment was more than 5 weeks late and after notifying employer that I wouldn’t be able to make it to work due to the missing payment. I was told: “you don’t have anything saved” “paying for the bus is like gas money” also “It’s only going to be ($*.**)” by not one but TWO mangers. As To think to myself ‘let me talk to a higher role or a different manager because the first manager was just plain old unprofessional’ just to hear another manager say the same unprofessional things which was very shocking to me especially with me being a new employee.
Also a couple weeks ago during the global pandemic the public transit weren’t accepting riders with no mask, and after multiple attempts to get PPE from employer I was told “we are LIMITED on supplies and masks” for multiple weeks. Which left me confused once again because employer didn’t say “out” employer said “limited” and I still wasn’t able to get one. After calling and notifying that I was going to be late for work because of me not having a mask I then got told “if I can’t make it to my shift They’ll let another employee take my hours, and that they wouldn’t have any hours for me AND that if I tried to file for unemployment an they’d ask them if the company has any hours for me they would tell them yes and more then likely I would be denied for unemployment ”. I can go on about more but I’m pretty sure y’all get the gist. I do NOT recommend to anyone and I can say I am so glad I did NOT sign
 - more...
April 22, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience while working with us. We are dedicated to providing our caregivers with the support they need. We would like an opportunity to learn more about your experiences so that we can address these concerns. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com as soon as possible so that we can connect you with the appropriate team member. Thank you.
Very Good
Great company to work if you’re trying to gain clinical experience with close supervision. Management is very supportive and schedulers are nice. Choose your own cases and your own hours.
April 22, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to hear you've found our team to be supportive, nice, and flexible with your scheduling. We're honored to have you on the Aveanna team!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aveanna Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight