Aveanna Healthcare

United States2,367 reviews

Found 2,367 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,375 reviews
nursepsaavailpatientbenefitchildcaseclient

Featured review

Aveanna Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Overall great company. They pay well and you have lots of flexibility. You’re never thrown into a shift without a training . Managers are very supportive. Schedulers work very hard to find you the perfect fit

Pros

Flexible hours, pays well

March 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear of your flexible, positive, and supportive work environment with us at Aveanna. Thank you for being part of the Aveanna team!

Fun place to work with the right people

Not paid enough for everything you do, constantly trying to figure out staffing issues internal and external. Lack of communication throughout branches

Aveanna Healthcare insights

Based on 1,490 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Easy but Low pay.

I like being able to ask for any holiday off. Pay is low. Easy work. No differential for nights. Time off. Staff is friendly. Two days of training if gbutton and trach. One if just gb. No going out to lunch.

Pros

Independence

Cons

Pay

Expectations are set clear

The workload can be heavy, but only because of staffing issues. Therapy team is great and positive at work. Great management team. They seem short staffed, however.

Pros

Flexible, understanding managers

Cons

Turn around is quick for lengthy evals

Very Productive Work

Working with Aveanna wasn’t too bad. My one case was great once I started working with him. Aveanna compensated me for the days when my client didn’t show up. It was a good experience.

Pros

Set your own schedule

Cons

No breaks

Depends on location

I’ve been with the company for over a year and I’ve had an excellent experience overall. The management team at my location is extremely supportive and although we are exclusively home-health (thus not prone to running into coworkers that often), they do attempt to facilitate a sense of community and purpose. My managers help make each employee feel important and valued, which has completely improved my overall QOL. Ask former or current employees about your specific branch if you want to get a better sense of what it is like working there.

Okay place to work at for a more lenient schedule.

nice place to work to step away from the stress of bedside, and focus on one patient. Hardest part of the job is not only dealing with patient but with the patient's family as well.

No PTO, don’t pay enough

Working with this company I have found out that you get No PTO, no sick pay, no yearly or 6 month review. The app you use isn’t accurate. The days off aren’t communicated to the patients family. But the company calls you a month before to ask if you need any days off (that you will not be getting paid for) and they don’t tell the families about the days you take off.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Communication is very important to us here at Aveanna. We're sorry to hear you have been disappointed in our office team's communication. We'd like to connect with you to learn more about your experiences and how we can better support you. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com so we can assist. Thank you.

One of the lowest paying Nusing agencies

I worked for this company off and on for 9 years and my pay never changed. Management does not listen to the staff and they are always asking for more and more of your time. Terrible benefits in addition to pay. I do not recommend.

Pros

Patient’s and their families

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefits

The field nurses are underpaid, paided training, flexible hours

Nurses working as Private-duty nurses, work hard but are severely underpaid. I have to depend on extra overtime hours to make a living. You can chose the work hours that work for you. They have in office paid training.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Lack of paid maternity leave

Would have given zero stars but it doesn’t give that option

Worst job ever!!!! And this is coming from someone who has worked in prison, jail, and detox Pay is horrible!!! Over work you like no other!!!! Management is annoying and unknowable. If you want to have zero patient centered care then this is your place. They only care about the money they get in. They don’t even make sure people are out of the hospital first or even want this horrible company!!!!!!!! Wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy

Pros

Absolutely NONE

Cons

Decent place to start but no advancement

The experience you will get entirely depends on the Assignment you were given with. But good news is that it is extremely easy to change workdays since they are so short staffed. Management is Poor with repeated call transfers and zero communication from anyone in the office.

Pros

Its an easy job, 1 patient

Cons

No advancement

Not great

Working for a agency can be nice but not when you don’t get PTO at all, benefits are garbage and if the person is sick that you work with, you don’t have any PTO to use and barely any sick time so you’re left with no money. Communication is awful. It seems like nobody talks to each other. If you try and email someone, you may not ever get an answer. I would not recommend this place at all.

Great Place to Work

Work environment is very positive. Management is supportive and works with you to create a flexible schedule. Pay is a little underwhelming but they send out weekly shifts that are available if you want to pick up extra. Highly recommend working here.

overall rundown

you only get 4 days of training when you startwaltham location highly unprofessional. Total DISCRIMINATION! lack of cultural environment in office. Office manager has a way of putting you down when trying your best, offers little too no support, and brings up high school education which is irrelevant to work matters. My time was short but witness a few people quit under management ran in Waltham location. I would seek other options if you want to be in a less stressful environment. Work Environment will make you depressed.

Pros

1 coworker that helps, food spots

Cons

short breaks eat will working, long hours, no work life balance

Always felt undertrained

Did not feel prepared for job expectations/demands. Very little training. Work environment can be toxic and management tends to single out and target you if you aren’t a ‘favorite’ employee.

Pros

PTO/Benefits for internal employees

Cons

Workload, no work/life balance.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review. At Aveanna, we strive to provide all of our employees with a positive, supportive work environment. We're concerned to hear that you experienced anything different. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com at your earliest convenience with more information so that we can look into your situation. Thank you.

Overworked

Management is terrible. No work life balance. Do not provide company phones. Pay is hourly for most. Lots wear and tear on car. Medical director is great and very involved.

Pros

Family environment

Cons

Very poor management

May 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. At Aveanna, we strive to provide all of our nurses with a supportive, positive work environment. We're sorry to hear that you did not feel that while working with us. We welcome any suggestions for improvement in that area. Please feel free to reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com.

Sad place to work

Management is awful they do not care about anything other than the money they bring in. They talk about staff amongst colleagues and provide a toxic work environment. Pay is trash and benefits are terrible. Health insurance is very unreasonable it’s expensive and the pay doesn’t even make up for lack of benefits. Only good thing is three 12 hour shifts a week

May 10, 2022
Thank you for reaching out to us. At Aveanna, patient care is our top priority, and we strive to provide a positive, supportive work environment for all of our employees. We are concerned to hear you experienced anything different. We'd like to connect with you to learn more about your situation and address your concerns. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com as soon as possible. Thank you.

very discouraging

I do things that way I learned in school, families do things a different way and always complaining that their way is better when in fact is about the same. families complains to the company and company is not your side, giving you write ups and warnings trying to fire you. i do the best i can but recently i feel like want to look for another job

Pros

have teaching methods for tracheostomy

Cons

hardly any breaks, residents alway first sometimes eating at 3pm when going to appointment at LA children's hospital

May 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. We strive to provide all of our nurses with a positive, encouraging work environment. We would really like to connect with you to see how we can help support you. Please reach out to us at communications@aveanna.com with more information so that we can have the appropriate team member reach out to you. Thank you.

Was great as a new LVN

Being able to focus care to just one patient was great vs way too many at a LTC facility. I had a patient who I cared for, for a little over 2 years. I loved him and his family. I just got bored with the work and started missing clinic work which is why I left. I did love the flexibility of Peds Home Health as far as scheduling. The hourly wage could have been much more which may have enticed me to stay with it even though bored.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the care you provided as an Aveanna nurse. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed providing one-on-one care with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Fun place to work one on one with patient

Love the people I work with ! Pay definitely is on the low side. My casemanager is always there to answer any questions I may have. Staffing does there best to approve requested time off.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Fun is one of our Core Values here at Aveanna, so we're glad you enjoy your work so much!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aveanna Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits