Aveda Institute Maryland

Working at Aveda Institute Maryland: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Aveda Team Member

I have been an employee here for a year now! This job is amazing! The team is very close knit and we all support one another. I have had the opportunity to grow since I began and I feel like an extremely valued employee here!

Pros

Benefits, Bonuses, Open Door Policy

Cons

New Hire Beware: High Turnover Rate!

Working at Aveda was rewarding and depressing at the same time. It was rewarding to be in a position to develop and prepare young adults for this amazing beauty industry. The team I worked with were a great group of supportive women, but the leadership duo were micro managers and controlling. It’s so unfortunate that the owners of this franchise institute would constantly change the rules for the employee/students handbook, fire employees almost every other month, and there were more meetings and fun days than there were class sessions.Quick note: If you’re hired to shadow another employee, more than likely they’re about to get fired, vice versa. I’ve always felt bad for those students who didn’t receive a great learning experience due to the very high turnover rate of educators with different teaching styles. They will claim high standards when in reality they’re controlling people who provide minimal to no training.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Too many to list.

July 12, 2021
Hello "Former Employee"!While we appreciate you sharing your "experience", we find it odd since we have not had any recent turnover on our Esthetics Team in quite some time. However, we are ecstatic that you enjoyed the compensation/benefits and the group of supportive team members that have been with us for many years. Good news is that our students continue to enjoy their "fun days" while also continuing to have a 98% State Board Exam Pass Rate as well as a 100% Job Placement Rate. With that said, we take this feedback very seriously and are happy that you moved on and have found a new home that supports your strengths! We wish you all the best on your career journey!

Aveda Institute Maryland insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment

I'm extremely happy with my job at Aveda Institute Maryland

I feel so lucky to be a part of the team at Aveda Institute Maryland! Everyone from my coworkers to management is so innovative and supportive, they truly make every work day enjoyable! Not to mention, a continuous learning experience. If I could give more than five stars, I most definitely would!

Pros

Amazing team, staff, and terrific work environment.

April 26, 2021
Thank you for your kind words and honest review! We appreciate you and are blessed to have you on our Team!

Aways Progressing and Evolving to ensure Success

From the first day I started educating at Aveda I have been excited and given all I could ever need to ensure my students success. What really stood out to me was that the students wasn't just a number or a profit to the institution. I have witnessed several occasions where they have went over and beyond to guarantee a students success. Educating isn't just a job for me its a calling and my passion and I have finally found a school that feels the same way as I do about educating future professionals for the Beauty Industry.

Pros

Teamwork, Passion, advanced training, benefits, Aveda Culture

April 26, 2021
Being an Educator is a Career that creates all other Careers! Thank you for all that you do and for all that you give daily to our Team and Students!

Fantastic Workplace

I love working at Aveda. I look forward to going to work everyday. The Institute is clean and our Spa and Salon are beautiful and modern. The management is fantastic and I work with a Incredible group of Professionals Educators. I'm honored that I was chosen to be a part of the Aveda Team.

Pros

Good work environment and they invest in their Employees.

Cons

Turn over rate higher than McDonalds

Everything about this place is a joke, from the people who own it down to the products they sell and "education" they offer their students. No real room for growth and plenty of favoritism played here.

November 23, 2020
We are sad to her that your experience was less than a great one. Please know that we have high standards for our Team Members and those expectations are for every Team Member and not just for a select few. We wish you all the best with your journey in the world of Admissions!

Awesome place to work!

I truly enjoy where I work and the people I work with. The students are top notch and so creative and talented! I grow as a professional every day and that is very important to me. I believe that you get out of every experience what you put in it. Put in good..., you get the idea 😉

The company as a whole

Not a good place or people to work for. Turn over is very high and stressful because your more worried about if you’ll going to have a job day to day. Then rules and handbook changes often.

January 21, 2021
Hello! Thank you for your review. It is disheartening to hear that you did not have a great experience at Aveda Institute Maryland. We do set high expectations of our Team Members and we do not compromise on those expectations as outlined in the Team Handbook and Student Handbook. We wish you all the best on your future endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aveda Institute Maryland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Aveda Institute Maryland Reviews by Location

Learn about Aveda Institute Maryland in popular locations

• Aveda Institute Maryland
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?