Avenica Employee Reviews

Great start for a college grad
Claims Adjuster Trainee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Glad I found Avenica, because I was a history major in school, and didn't really know what to do after graduation. I was a student athlete and didn't have much for work experience. I was happy when Avenica found me an employer who would provide training.
Pros
Good working environment, easy to work with staff
Good experience
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
Glad I worked with someone rather than try to dig through all different job postings on my own. The staff made it easy and asked a lot of questions I didn't expect about what things I liked, what kind of boss and environment were best. I think they were really trying to make it a good fit.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Can be nerve wracking waiting to hear back on a response
Easy process
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2019
This company helped place me with a job after college. Was pretty simple, I went on 2 different job interviews and got the second one. Also got some help and coaching for the interview. Easy interview process.
Pros
Easy process
Good for those just out of college
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2018
I had a good experience working with Avenica. They helped me find a position that matched my skills, they were all easy to work with, asked a lot of questions to get to know me and my career goals, and then were able to help me find my first "adult" job.
Pros
Matching, working together to find right opportunities
Cons
not an immediate hire, but still worth it
Recruiting firm that cares
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
This is not your typical recruiting firm who throws candidates at jobs. Takes the time to get to know each candidate and place in the best fitting position.
Pros
Work/Life balance and a large amount of responsibility and ownership given to employees
Hardworking, fun team & rewarding work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
Each day is a little different, which keeps the work interesting and engaging. There's so many opportunities for collaboration and I never feel like I'm "on my own." The workplace is definitely a work hard/play hard culture; everyone truly cares about what they do and their hard work does not go unrecognized! Seeing how my work makes an impact is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Management is great! Excellent communication and they truly listen to feedback and strive to make the work environment the best it can be for everyone!
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, & dogs in the office
fun collaborative environment
Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2018
Working at Avenica is very rewarding getting to help open minded recent college graduates. The one downside as all of the other reviews say is that we cannot help everyone. The work life balance is great and the people I work with are even better. Im really excited to see Avenica grow!
Great people, helping connect grads and employers!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
As an Account Manager my typical day is working with our clients, interviewing candidates, profiling positions, conducting job analysis, prepping candidates for interviews and working behind the scenes matching grads to the right fit with our partner companies.

Our team is very tight knit and embodies the "work hard, play hard" mentality. Our needs are always changing and our recruiting team is able to do this flawlessly without missing a beat. Internal communication is huge and something we strive to be better at and more efficient with always. Internally, there are a lot of great perks like paid time off to volunteer and an annual "fun budget" for teams to use for bonding activities. We host fun competitions across branches for productivity where we can win additional fun budget money, a trophy and most importantly, bragging rights. Annually we host an all company meeting where associates from all branches can get together to share ideas and brainstorm better ways to reach grads and companies, to make the best connection.

The hardest parts of the role is that you're working with people, which puts a lot of things out of your control, and that it is a pretty thankless job for those you do match. It's hard when you've worked hard to match someone in a career and they back out of the offer last minute or get angry at you for things out of your control. While it's not the majority, a lot of recent grads don't understand what it truly means to be entry level. You may not have your dream job, salary and commute for your first role out of school, but our goal is to get you
  more... pretty close and on the path to get where you want to be.

The most enjoyable part of the role is getting to find someone a career that they really love! There are so many grads that come to us not knowing what they want, or what they would be good at, and it is so fun opening up their minds and presenting them with opportunities they may have never even thought of! Seeing humble, hardworking people who just needed an extra hand to get their foot in the door, succeed in a role and flourish makes every challenging or frustrating conversation worth it. Getting to work everyday with people I enjoy, make a difference for grads and build great relationships with clients is so fun!
Pros
Great internal culture, fun perks, building relationships
Cons
Entitled candidates, unpredictability
A great start to your career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2018
Avenica's whole goal is to help recent college grads navigate there way through finding their first professional job. We all know the difficulties of finding the right fit or not even knowing what is good fit. We consider ourselves career coaches, we not only help connect with a growing and great companies but we provide resume help, interview tips and coaching, we also give direction in your job search to better help you in your own time. We truly want what is best for our candidates and any recent grad that comes our way, we hope it's with us and our companies, but we also understand if you get a job on our own. Let us know how we can help, we do our best to be as honest and transparent in our process as we can be.
Pros
Free resume help, interview tips and coaching.
Professional and Fun Wok Environment
Tlaten Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2018
I have loved working at Avenica. This job has allowed me to grow and strengthen many skills. Communication, attention to detail, organization, and time management are a few skills that this position requires day to day.

This position is both challenging and very rewarding. I have loved getting a better understanding of the process at Avenica and watching newly graduated college students start their career!
No day looks the same as the last
Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2018
Every day here we can expect to encounter something different than the day before. Getting to manage my time on my own was a luxury I didn't realize I wanted until I got it. The job (like most) can be hectic at times, but it is really up to the individual to create their future here and the company culture is great. Because we are a small company, you become close friends with your co-workers quickly; it doesn't feel like "work" to come in every day. Working here has been the smoothest transition from being a college kid to a real "adult" and I would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Great company culture, benefits and work/life balance
Cons
If you can't manage your time wisely it can get CRAZY
Avenica helped me get my foot in the door
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
My roommate from college and I both applied with Avenica and both got matched to full-time positions. I got a position at Cigna, and he got one at Medica. We both played sports in college and didn't have much work experience, but the person we worked with at Avenica was able to help us identify what kinds of positions we'd be good at.
Pros
easy to work with, helpful
Cons
you might have to wait a little bit
Job well done
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisOctober 25, 2018
Recent college grad here,

Avenica managed to get me an interview in about 2 weeks where I was then hired on after the 700 hour paid trial period. Best of all, the service was completely free. Highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for a job and especially someone that is unsure about what they want as a carreer. These guys will work with you and talk about your interests/ skills to find a job that matches your style.
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2018
I was hired through Avenica to work as a claims adjuster for a company in Tampa. the recruiter made it sound all good until i got hired. Let me start off by saying I have a MBA, and military time. This is my first job. I was hired as temp to perm. I worked there for 5 weeks. My so called supervisor was sorry. He didn't explain or train me on anything. After 2 weeks of making phone calls for other reps and barely knowing the system I had files transferred to me that I wasn't even supposed to be working, because I hadn't completed my adjusters course. There was never anyone around to help to help when there's a question or a problem.

They don't communicate with you they just talk at you. They give you tons of work that you don't know how to do and aren't supposed to doing. The pay is $17.00 an hour you don't even get paid holidays through Avenica or whatever company they place you at. This company is a joke. Only good thing is that sometimes you get breakfast lunch free.
Pros
fer breakfast and lunch sometimes.
Cons
lack of training, leadership, and management.
Great experience working with Avenica
Technical assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2018
Being a history major, I just wasn't sure what to do for my career. I found that there were a lot of open positions out there, I just didn't know which to apply for. I also think not being a business student, we aren't as prepped to go out and interview for jobs and write resumes. When I came to Avenica, I was just a little confused. The interviews were actually really nice, I didn't feel stressed or pressured, and I learned a little bit about what career opportunities might fit me best. My recruiter found me a position, I was a little nervous at first, but it turned out to be a really good fit for me.It's been over a year and I'm still there, so I guess that means it worked.
Pros
Easy process
Cons
The evaluation to hire time was a little scary in concept, but overall it worked out well.
Most stressful job ever
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I was placed as a claims adjuster. It seems nice at first, then they throw you to the wolves. They transferred 30 claims to me before I was even out of training, most of which were litigated and difficult, then they transferred 50 more. I was handling as many claims as everyone else, but was getting paid $17, versus 50k. $17 is decent money, but when you know you’re doing the same amount of work as everyone else, it’s a little unfair. I went home and cried almost every day because of the stress. The recruiter didn’t explain the job well, and sold me on it (of course) If you’re desperate then go for it.
Pros
Consistent work schedule, free lunch every now and again, supportive coworkers
Cons
Stress level
Great for recent grads
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Avenica is great for recent grads. They have a variety of open entry-level positions and are super helpful at finding the one that matches best. I got a full-time offer with a health care company and am still there.
Pros
Easy process, nice staff, dedicated
Cons
I did a Skype interview and it was a bit tricky to connect
This "Agency" doesn't help you find a job
Applicant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
This company is a joke. They were suppose to help land you a job but they cut you loose and send you on your way when they cant. Very unprofessional, worthless company
Pros
Hahaha NONE
Official response from Avenica
September 11, 2018

We would absolutely LOVE to help every person that applies with us! Unfortunately we are not an "agency" model where job seekers pay us a fee and positions are procured. Our hiring partners enlist Avenica to find the right match for both the candidate and the hiring partner, and not just to put someone in to any open job. Avenica's proprietary matching process is very in-depth, we know you are more than just your resume!

Applicants that have gone through our free process find much value in the coaching and skills identification steps, which can kickstart their own job search if we do not have an opportunity that fits their needs and skills. Avenica is an important piece of a diverse job search strategy for any grad looking for an entry level position.

Hopefully you can maintain the first job opportunity...
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 7, 2018
Avenica was okay at first. They placed me with a company anf unfortunately I was unfairly treated by that company and was let go. I called Avenica and spoke to the case manager that helped me out and she said "We will follpw up with another job opportunity shortly". That was over a month ago and I have not heard back from them and they haven't returned my voice messages. So if you get the first job they place you, try to keep ot because they won't help you find a second job.
The recruitor has attitude
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 14, 2018
I worked a job through them. I discovered it wasn't for me because the field of work was something I was scared of and traumatized because of past experiences. Instead of understanding or helping me find another job, I was basically verbally attacked.
Official response from Avenica
January 15, 2018

I am sorry to read this review and I would like more information on the situation if you are inclined to share - jschlaikjer@avenica.com. Our team in our Atlanta branch is highly experienced and feedback received regarding their relationships is consistently top-notch, so I am very surprised at this info. Our process is quite lengthy to make a match for a job seeker - our goal is to find the right fit, not just any position for our candidates. After our in-depth internal interview we have an extensive process behind the scenes to evaluate if one of our open opportunities with our hiring partners may be a good fit before even discussing the potential with our candidate. After deep
interview(s) with our hiring partner and it is decided that it may be a good match, the employee always has the opportunity to decline a job offer if he or she does not see the match. Our candidates are very important to us and we take the information that is shared through the many steps in our process very seriously! However, because our process is very specific and our ability to make a match is dependent on the needs of our hiring partners and their open positions at any given time, the team may not have had openings that meet the needs of this job seeker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenica. Our community is ready to answer.