Aventura Hospital & Medical Cntr-North Miami Area

Aventura Hospital & Medical Cntr-North Miami Area Employee Reviews

Fair place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2017
Overwhelming environment . However, a great places for new nurses to start as nee opportunity right out of college. Although overwhelming their doors are always opened to new graduates.
Pros
Cons
not enough help
For some reason people tend to leave
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLAugust 31, 2017
I had to leave due to personal issues but had difficulties with work load. There is too much work assigned to one nurse and at times it just gets worse. There are few efforts to relieve workload and it feels like the aim is to get the most from each worker over passing their limits.
It's not about the money, but there's only so much a single person can handle.
Pros
Good benefits and nice, modern facility
Cons
Work overload
great hospital
Incomplete Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time there i learned alot the training i received was very benificial to my future positions.It was a fast paced job and we had production goals which helped me realize how much i could achieve.
Pros
great schedule
Self preservation. Dishonesty
current employee (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 31, 2017
Run the other way. Major turnover at this facility. Don't believe anything they tell you. Look at the management and leadership positions that are posted right now.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good Position to get your foot in the door without a Medical Background.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 6, 2017
I did not have a background working in any medical field. Is a good position to get your foot in the door and gain experience working for them. The doctors were welcoming and great to work with. Most nurses were welcoming but then had a couple that turn their nose up at you, my opinion. A few lazy co workers who loves to have conversation instead of register patients in a timely manner. I felt working as a PRN Patient Access Representative, you are the the bottom of the totem pole. Did not let that bother me. 30 min lunch, to get some food and get yourself together. Worked in the ER department. Some days were relax and easy, then times it can be stressful and nerve racking. You do spend alot of time on your feet registering patients with a mobile cart and laptop. Overall I would work here again, once you establish yourself with the team is a great work family environment.
Pros
Good Experience, 401k sign up after probation period
Fun to work there
house keeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
I will always miss Aventura hospital. That hospital make you feel like home , they welcome you with happiness I love Aventura hospital.sometimes when I have some personal problem my manager always welcome me at her office to talk about what bothers me. Whenever I need help the staff from any other departments always feel free to help, that hospital is one of the best one.
Flexible Work Environment
Stroke Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 26, 2016
Co-workers are very helpful, diverse and friendly. My position allows for creative latitude. Management assists in career development. It is a challenge not having a designated "Education Department" to use as a resource.
No security here.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 20, 2016
Management really doesn't care about providing the necessary staff and equipment to do the job. Yet, they still push you to do the work within certain time limits. After years working there, I can never remember a thank you from my supervisor. Huge turn around of personnel because of the using attitude of management.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Lack of caring for staff.
Great benefits
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2016
Working for Aventura Hospital has great benefits for their employees. You get reimbursement for any color you attend as long as you maintain a c or better grade.
You would not like it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2016
I went to this hospital because it was 7 minutes away from my house, after working an hour away. Biggest mistake. It is unorganized. The people are argumentative. You WILL NOT be happy. They do not pay well. If your desperate and need a job, work here and tolerate the nonsense, if not, find another place to work.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Unorganized, argumentative people
Great place to work with a supportive healthstream to improve staff knowledge with updated health information
RN-BSN, Charge Nurse Relief (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 25, 2016
Supportive environment with ups and downs. I have learned to keep my wisdom and humility whatever the situation was. In terms of management, they are really focused on the well-being of the staff and make sure nothing is missing in providing care to our patients. The system encouraged staff to work as a team with the implementation of "No Passing Zone." I am not sure if there is a hardest part of the job. What I may consider the hardest part is sometimes dealing with difficult patients, but I believe addressing their issue promptly will make a big difference. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my patient told me, "I am feeling better because the way you treat me."
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Staffing issue
Hospital has a very good system
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 12, 2016
Aventura hospital is a very busy place, everyday I learned new stuff,management is very nice, team work,the most enjoyable part of the job is helping co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aventura Hospital & Medical Cntr-North Miami Area. Our community is ready to answer.

Aventura Hospital & Medical Cntr-North Miami Area Reviews by Job Title