Aventure Staffing and Professional Services

Aventure Staffing and Professional Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great communication!
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 15, 2018
Very understanding and helpful staff. Lots of opportunities. Flexible scheduling. Willing to work with different backgrounds. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.
Good company
Legal Assistant, Receptionist, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 7, 2018
The people are nicer here than another employment agency I went to. They're good at finding you jobs and answering questions that you may have. I was offered a full-time job through this company.
Aventure Staffing
Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 18, 2018
They were very helpful in finding available positions. They kept me employed full time for several months by having the next position available when the previous job was ending. They could have been better at letting me know what to do about applying for a permanent position at one of my temporary jobs.
Productive and Unsure
Production operator machinery, examine product (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IA 51105January 2, 2018
It was not too bad, however, this was a temp agency and you never knew when your job was going to end. A lot of the jobs where pretty hard labor, and some where just 1 or 2 day jobs.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
possibility of no job availability for days or weeks at a time
They helped me out when i couldnt find a job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, IAAugust 9, 2017
Aventure staffing was very good at helping me find work that i had experiance in. The only downfall was never knowing if it was going to be something that would turn into a permenant job seeing as this was a temp. agency.
Temp. Service
Machine Operator at Montezuma MFG (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 15, 2017
I was hired thru this temp service and after 90 days then I would be offered a full time job. When I reached my 90 days then they had a hiring freeze.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No benefits since it was a temp service
Ok you might as well
Temp (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAJune 13, 2017
So you probably won't get what you want, hours or shift. You'll probably get fired, I mean reassigned for no reason. Not really the staffing companies fault, but they don't care to put their foot down. Honestly no staffing place will.
Good news is you'll get a job in less than a week!
Pros
Quick jobs
Cons
Reassigned for ?? Reasons
offers temp jobs for possibly permanent placement
Temp (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMay 24, 2017
Aventure is a staffing company that looks to place people with other companies. They put you on for Temp jobs that could possibly lead to a permanent position. The usual pay was 10.00 an hour for every job no matter where you were placed. They often have more jobs in Madison than in the Norfolk are and are not very good at finding jobs that fit the person looking for a job.
Pros
a chance to get a permanent job
Cons
not very many job locations in Norfolk.
Great place to find a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 5, 2017
They don't provide benefits but do there all to find you a job, and if that job is not working out for you there on the immediate lookout for another fit. Great people great place to start.
Pros
Job quickly found that can easily be turned into a career
Cons
No benefits but by the time they kick
A great place to work!
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 3, 2017
A great Staffing company that help me find jobs that fits my skills, they a very helpful in there office an really nice an polite.......................
Temporary placement at Montezuma/Magna MFG (Former Employee) –  Montezuma, IAOctober 28, 2016
friendly staff willing to help out when you need something. Makes sure you are comfortable with your placement/ opportunity. manager is not always willing to help.
Amazing people who do their best with the job market.
Administrative Assistant/Temp Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 16, 2016
Working through Aventure staffing can be a challenge. The agents are wonderful and helpful, but the job market isn't always the best. They do what they can and keep you updated. Also, sometimes their clients aren't the best once you're in the position.

Working for Aventure, however, is a pleasure. All the coworkers are wonderful and polite and friendly. They make the job fun and easy.
Pros
Flexible Breaks, Great Environment
Cons
Fluctuating Positions, Little Stability
Humboldt, Iowa office is dishonest, don't know about other offices
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, IAJune 17, 2016
I had a meeting set up to discuss an accounting job. I took time off work, changed clothes, and went to their office. The lady I was to meet with was not there. Another lady said she could help me. She said they had filled the accounting job. In my 30 year career, I never had that happen. They didn't interview all candidates before filling the job, and did not even call me to tell me that they filled the job. The lady said they had an Internet Sales job, and I said that I was not interested. It looked like the bait and switch trick to me. Get me in the office with the promise of an accounting job, than switch to a sales job. I swore I would never do business with them again, but months later applied for a Shipping and Receiving job. When I met with them, they again mentioned the Internal Sales job. I agreed to interview for that job. They set up the interview, but when I interviewed with the client, the job was to put part in boxes. I told them that I was there for an Internal Sales job, and they said they did not need anyone for Internal Sales. Again, the bait and switch trick. I sent the representative from Aventure a note, and she did not even respond to my email. I never did get an an answer as to how she messed up the interview. Like a friend of mine said, if they can't set up an interview, I would not trust them to do anything right.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest - use bait and switch to try to fill jobs
New experiences attainable in a wide variety of fields
Box Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aurelia, IAMay 9, 2016
Decent work for the amount of pay received. (may change due to jobs open). The job was fun, but provided little in terms of being able to advance. Conflicts in schedules were a burden at times.
Pros
plant was a great place to work for the seasonal jobs, emphasised safety
Cons
unable to transfer references from plant
Our objective is to set the standard for excellence in staffing, recruiting, HR and organizational development.
National Direct Hire/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAFebruary 7, 2015
An expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
steady honest work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAAugust 24, 2014
a typical day at work: consists of repetitious hand and body movements.

what you learned: gained experience with robot welders.

management: client supervisors slow to tell you are doing a good job but quick to end your assignment for no reason. Supervisors talk down to employees and show no respect.

your co-workers: were generally friendly and helpful.

the hardest part of the job: dealing with client supervisors.

the most enjoyable part of the job: learning new skills and the steady pay.
Pros
Plenty of work, decent pay and hours.
Cons
client supervisors never tell you good job, but quick to end your assignment for no reason, Supervisors talk down to employees and show no respect.
This company was not looking out for their employees.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAJuly 15, 2014
The management was unorganized.

The job assignments were very short.
Cons
No benefits. Short term jobs.
Importance of working
Custodial Worker, production, Material handler (Former Employee) –  Victor, IAApril 12, 2014
Working in a positive environment. Learned everything from my job assignment that was taught to me. Gave a 100%, Worked alone or with a group. Figuring out flaws that were present in the product we were producing but did figure it out even under stress. The people I worked with.
Warm Atmosphere to work in
HR Assistant / Payroll (Former Employee) –  Tarrant, ALSeptember 29, 2013
Enjoyed working with this company, even though it was just for a short time period.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
ended too quickly
They try to keep you working.
Inventory Lead (Assignment) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMay 13, 2013
Easy to work with staff. They are accommodating and try to keep you working.
Pros
Paid holidays after 800 hours on the job
Cons
No healthcare or direct deposit for payroll

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aventure Staffing and Professional Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Aventure Staffing and Professional Services Reviews by Location