Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Typical Retail Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 11, 2018
Nothing to major about Avenue. its your typical retail job. The best part are the clients you meet on a daily basis. I was in retail for 7 years prior to this job and just got tired of the retail world.
fun and fast pace work place
bench jeweler (Current Employee) –  Pelham, NY 10803September 5, 2018
have customers sitting beside me while i work on there items.have to be creative. keep your station and machines clean able to solve problems most of all let the customer leaves with a happy smile
Competitve Retail Enviornment
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2018
Fast paced environment, friendly, and strives to provide excellent customer service! Opportunities to advance based on performance and goals met within the company.
A joy to work with others.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2018
Avenue offers the ability to interact with different people. You have the opportunity to help others with clothing choices. You learn of different cultures and backgrounds.
Good
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2018
Typical work day was keeping the store clean and stocked with the newest inventory. Will working at Avenue I learned how to open/close the store. Management was great! Love the ladies I worked with.
Hardest part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXAugust 22, 2018
When you work in retail the hardest part is dealing with the angry customers. I learned that you just have to keep your cool and just breathe. Management was very understanding when you didn't know exactly how to handle some situations but you live and learn.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 22, 2018
A typical day at avenue is opening the store. Closing register at the end of day. helping a customer find outfits that compliment her style for work or at home. merchandising product. encouraging the other associates. doing promotions. I have learned that the clothing season changes really fast. The management is easy going but tough when needs to be. The culture at Avenue is friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer walk out of the store with something that they love.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 22, 2018
Working at Avenue I learned how to be around others. Both young and old. I worked at Avenue to get a feel for how it is to be around older women. Being that it was a plus-size store, our sales were mostly older women. Sometimes the outcome with helping older women were stressful and sometimes it wasn’t so stressful. But all in all, I needed that to get me to where I’m destined to go. Which is working at a nursing home or rehabilitation center with older women/men.
Pros
Experience to work with older women
Cons
Poor management
district managers
Co manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
they give you unrealistic goals to complete in unrealistic time frames . The company only cares about the company, you are just a number and they don't have a problem letting you know. between the day , week and monthly goals there isn't enough time to do proper customer service .They care more about the look of the store and merchandise then the well-begin of the sale staff.
Pros
plum benefits
Cons
short breaks unrealistic daily goals
Great entry level management position
Co manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 11, 2018
Avenue is a great start to a retail career with great people. If you love fashion and like interacting with people this job is for you. Good place to have your first job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare and wages
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 9, 2018
Great place to work and learn the business. It was a easy place to learn the cash register, hand money and promote sales. The company had a fun , up beat staff.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low wage
Pleasant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallington, NJAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Avenue. I moved up the success ladder pretty quickly due to my sale goals. They are flexible with scheduling/hours. I wish they did offer more pay though. Only a $1 difference between part-time sales floor and assistant manager. No benefits offered.
Pros
flexible scheduling, working with customers
Cons
little pay, no benefits
Not a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 6, 2018
If you like to be talk down to and criticized then this is the place for you. The Manager is a control freak. You won't be learning anything You're expected to know. If you want to learn and be part of the team and have fun at work this is not the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Avenue
Boardman, Ohio associate/ in training as manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 1, 2018
Great work place the people who worked there were easy to get along with fast paced and always on your feet. Hardest part of the job was getting the store changed around and setting the floor plan while also helping customer find everything they wanted or needed helping finding.
Pros
Fast paced, Always moving, Helping people feel confident about what they are wearing
No Regard for Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 1, 2018
This company does not have any regard for its employees. Many times we were working past our scheduled hours without getting paid. Raises are non-existent unless you are promoted to manager, but even then it is a minuscule increase. The pay is not worth the work they expect from every employee. Every store is understaffed and managers do not follow your availability. The focus is on getting customers to sign up for credit cards and magazines but there's not enough incentives to get them to sign up and then it looks poorly on the associates. Meanwhile, they expect you to move clothes around weekly, taking down and putting up different fixtures and promotions, and cleaning the entire story top to bottom instead of hiring a cleaning crew.
Pros
Cons
Disregard for employees
Drama
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJJuly 28, 2018
Dont work for the kearny nj location. The management is unprofessional and lazy. They like to cause drama and tension. No team player. The dm micro manages everything and if you dont sell credit cards your job is threatened and they treat you like a child. Low pay for all the work they demand. No benefits if you work part time. Not enough hours for part timers.
Pros
Rewards and discounts
Cons
Low pay for all the work they demand
Fun place to work and managment is good too.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 19, 2018
There is little job security and the money sucks. No chance for bonus or raises. The people are good to be around. The only good thing is that the managers reap the benefits.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no benefits
What I learned
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJuly 10, 2018
We had to constantly change product around for it to sell. We had shipment Monday thru Friday and we had to rotate the old with the new. New items always were displayed first and in the very front of the store.
Pros
Very nice staff
Cons
No benefits
loyal to people and the business
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJJuly 9, 2018
excellence , all way had high marks.

i was a executive leader of the company ranked 3 in structure.
most enjoyable part was working and leading group of people in their career.
Pros
little turn over
Cons
small company tough to compete against competition
Diverse
Associate (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 6, 2018
Open store, straighten clothes, assist customers, cash customers out, credit apps, magazine sales, minor cleaning, great people, great manager, overall nice atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.