Avenue Stores Employee Reviews in New York, NY

uneventful ,under valued and unappreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Highlight of the day was 1 on 1 interaction with the customer .Typical day processing shipment, several reminders about pushing credit and emails.2-2 coverage. Uneventful. Contest every week.

I learned how to manage people and become a better Manager by having better relationships with the staff.

the hardest part of the job was to tell faithful loyal staff that they were not getting pay raises.

The most enjoyable part of the job interacting with loyal customers.

poorly funded ,tedious ,non productive Fashion Shows.
Pros
discount although the customers benefited better with coupons
Cons
no room fno advancement, no pay raises in 3 years, does not value Employees
It was okay
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  711 3rd ave new york, nyAugust 13, 2015
Working at the avenue was a learning experience. The people were great.

I learned a lot, however avenue only gave a 10 cent raise a year. But I did take as much learning experience as I could.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low wage and low pay raises
Very busy, fast paced work place.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2015
A typical day at the Avenue consist of attending to customers, operating cash registers, fitting rooms and maintaining our work area clean. I learned how to measure the appropriate way for customers whom aren't sure of their size. I also learned how to take proper caution for shoplifters which came in handy for other job opportunities later in the future.
Productive work at home job selling avon products to customers world wide
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2014
A dayy at work includes getting customers to buy products from Avon and imputting the orders in the computer tot ensure that the products are delivered to the customer. I leearned how to eneter data and information and how to conduct a business on my own. Co-workers are not needed in a business as this because you are your own boss. Hardest part of the job was at first, I didnt have as many customers sd I do now. The mostt enejoyable part is when i see the look on my customer's face when theyy see their parents.
Pros
self-owned
Cons
T