Avenue Stores Employee Reviews for Co-manager

Competitve Retail Enviornment
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2018
Fast paced environment, friendly, and strives to provide excellent customer service! Opportunities to advance based on performance and goals met within the company.
district managers
Co manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
they give you unrealistic goals to complete in unrealistic time frames . The company only cares about the company, you are just a number and they don't have a problem letting you know. between the day , week and monthly goals there isn't enough time to do proper customer service .They care more about the look of the store and merchandise then the well-begin of the sale staff.
Pros
plum benefits
Cons
short breaks unrealistic daily goals
Great entry level management position
Co manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 11, 2018
Avenue is a great start to a retail career with great people. If you love fashion and like interacting with people this job is for you. Good place to have your first job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare and wages
Fun
good place to work
local
rewarding working with people
customer service
Pros
flexible
Cons
on feet all day
Require unrealistic financial results
CO-MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 19, 2018
Competitive work environment, that at times can require you to achieve unreasonable results. Avenue does not look at the economic demographics when setting goals.
a typical work day
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 9, 2017
A typical work day was very difficult. Staff didn't show up, everyone was irresponsible and no one is held accountable. Corporate has no idea what they're doing. the DM would act like she's never heard these problems once she's visiting the store. Everything is a mess, there were so many days I work by myself
a good place to work
Co-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It is a store for plus sizes, and working with the clients was great. I learned more about the structure of the company, and how to work with many different types of people.
Poor Pay
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 24, 2017
Need better management and it would be a great place to work. Competitive work but not competitive pay. Job for someone just starting off in management, but great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay
great starter job or part time job
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2017
You meet many interesting and fun customers that seek your professional opinion on fashion. A typical workday consists of helping all customers and completing transactions.
Avenue
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYAugust 5, 2017
Working in a high volume store was great to learn customer service skills, along time time management and team work. Keeping a clean and organized running store with happy customers and employees was my goal.
Rough Company
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Their are not many benefits to working for this company at all. The only really good thing about it is the people that work their. The company is not up to date with technology so it makes everything ten times more difficult then it needs to be. Their is a lot of micro managing from district so its hard to accomplish anything. They really don't understand how to motivate a team and their are zero incentives for your hard work. For the pay really I am surprised any one works here at all. We don't even get a lunch break.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay, lack of incentives.
I enjoyed the challenge
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 2, 2016
The avenue was a fun environment !! The store Manager was a funny gal i miss working with her although it got very hard to work and not have a full coverage on busy days
Pros
Store manager was very easy going
Cons
To busy at times and not enough coverage
Fun place to work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  22020 Katy FreewayMay 2, 2016
I learned that people remember the little things you do for them, like calling them by name and inquiring about something they spoke to you about during their last visit.
Women's Clothing store
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 30, 2015
Plus size women's clothing store from sizes 14 - 32. clothing, shoes, intimates and accessories. Fun upbeat environment for plus size women
Typical Day
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2015
Open the store, check the numbers, interact with customers, do tasks for the day. Learned better and quicker ways to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little to no breaks
Trying to work retail, this is a great place to start
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Working at the Avenue was my first time working retail as well as starting as co-manager. Learning to upsale was a challenge, but became easy after a while. The challenge was working dissatisfied customers.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Rearranging clothes racks
My typical day at work, my customer serviceskills, my managemet skills, the ability to work with other and what i enjoy least and most about my job.
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of: Outlining the daily schedule, assign daily task for each associate and sales goals for the day. Complete daily paperwork and check voice mail. Answer the phone line and assist customers with their needs.Assure excellent customer service throughout the day.
I've learned that with each day you have the opportunity to correct any situation that may have not worked out the day before. The slate is clean and you get to start the fresh, letting each day be a learning experience.
Being in management, you have to remember to respect the other associates. Never as the associates to do something that you wouldn't do yourself. Build a good repor with team, this will help them be even better on their daily task, and help improve their customer service skills. Just because I'm in management doesn't mean I don't work. After all you are only as good as your workers. We need each person to do their job to be a success.
There is no hard part of my job. But if I had to choose something. I would say, having a dissatisfied customer. Because customer service is my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when my customer is happy and satisfied. That lets me know that I did my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Giving great customer service, and working with the public
Cons
Not being able to assist each of my customers, one on one.
Customers were great
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2014
OPen/ closing of store. Change displays of product, retail services. Manage staff, payroll,time sheets
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
nothing
Great company that allows you to grow.
Co-manager / Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2014
Started out as a assistant manager and now I'm the store manager. Working with the company has help me grow as a person. I love my loyal customers and I hate having to over sale to meet quotas.
Management at a plus sized women's clothing store
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 11, 2014
My typical day consisted of helping customers, doing returns and exchanges, open or closing the store and managing an associate team. I learned how to merchandise and do floor-sets.Our management team was a very tight group that communicated and worked very well together. My co-workers were all very hard working people. The hardest part of the job was the stress of the holiday season. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people find what they needed.
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks and compensation