Avenue Stores Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Terrible company and even worse management
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 11, 2019
They work their managers to the bone and then treat them like criminals during loss prevention visits. They have archaic systems that do not even take debit cards. They expect you to be able to scan the whole store every week, work clearance into a small area, get everything onto the right rack with a multitude of different discounts. Their products shrink and the sizing is not correct. The expectations of moving the store around on a weekly basis while having coverage of 2 people all day is impossible, You are always behind and they only allow one register at a time to be open. And the store is not ADA accessible.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Under staffed work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 10, 2019
One of the least favorable work experiences in all of my Retail Career. Upper Management not encouraging and little to now hands on training to promote a successful environment.
Pros
Customers were friendly and nice to work with
Cons
Stressful work environment
Loved working with the customers.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 2, 2018
I loved helping the customers decide what type of clothing and other products they loved to purchase.It was a good feeling knowing I had to be responsible for product control and shrinkage.
uneventful ,under valued and unappreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Highlight of the day was 1 on 1 interaction with the customer .Typical day processing shipment, several reminders about pushing credit and emails.2-2 coverage. Uneventful. Contest every week.

I learned how to manage people and become a better Manager by having better relationships with the staff.

the hardest part of the job was to tell faithful loyal staff that they were not getting pay raises.

The most enjoyable part of the job interacting with loyal customers.

poorly funded ,tedious ,non productive Fashion Shows.
Pros
discount although the customers benefited better with coupons
Cons
no room fno advancement, no pay raises in 3 years, does not value Employees
Fun and hard work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Lots of fun and lots of hard work. Used to run short staffed on a fairly regular basis. but that was a long time ago. Not sure how things are run now.
Great customers, great customer service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I've been store manager for two years I've basically been in some form of management since I've been In retail, I'm a people person, awesome customer service skills
Good place to work, possitive enviroment.
Full time Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 18, 2017
Daily process of opening and closing business in conjunction with daily activities. For example, checking e-mails, listening to voice messages reviewing sales and credit goals for the day, to name few. Some additional common tasks include, managing freight as well as daily tasks. My primary goal is to ensure our customers are happy and content with their shopping experience.
Pros
Happy customers, happy employees and productive enviroment.
Aweful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJuly 23, 2017
Lots of favoritism and terrible upper management. No store support. No benefits. My store was shut down. No room for movement. Training is minimal and very laxed
Pros
Cons
The entire company
Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 27, 2017
I was always glad to meet new people when I moved to Creve Couer I had a very diverse set of customers. I enjoyed talking with them and helping them look absolutely fabulous. I had customers that would only want me to help them bc I would tell them if it really looked good or bad. I loved the paper work. I love numbers
Pros
Career Benefits
Cons
nothing
Production
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Awesome place to work, always something todo, interesting rewards, office games amount staff fun exciting tough down to business
Productive, merchandisng changes weekly
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Open store, count cash, paperwork, payroll, emails, set goals for everyone working, 5 minute walk through. Customer service
great discounts
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 18, 2016
great company to work for if you enjoy people and fashion. Holidays are a little rough. I truly enjoy my DSM great person to work for over 10 yrs. I love the employee discount
Pros
associates discounts
Cons
Pay
overall experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 25, 2016
Avenue is a company that does not value their employees as far as allowing time off with family. As a manager you are never allowed more then 1 weekend off a month and never 2 days in a row other then your weekend.
Pros
loved my crew
Cons
hours forced to work
An excellent company to work for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INAugust 21, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. This company prefers to promote from within, and they do. If you are searching for a place to launch a retail management career, then this is it. Great benefits, small staff and opportunity.
Pros
Paid lunches, good health benefits
Cons
Pay is not very competitive.
Needs better leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2016
Avenue was a not so good company to work there was no one to talk to about issues... But always someone to tell you that you did something wrong and will ot could be fired... Which is probably why they are always looking for employees... The District manager in Indianapolis is Rude...and very unprofessional...
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Horrible District manager
Every day work
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 10, 2015
Helping and training staff to move up. Making the customer happy with product and services . It was hard to get told every day that you store sucked and getting talked down at. I want a company where they support you and help you grow
Cons
Pay was not there
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2015
responsible for all store functions. district manager very good to work for. co-workers fun to work with. keeping people from stealing. working with fellow employees.
They are trying to come back.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 18, 2015
The Avenue used to be a quality plus-size store. Over the past four to five years, the quality has really gone down hill.

The company is slowly becoming more aware of fashion demands. There are new lines of bras, addressing a broader demographic, mirroring some of the more up-scale stores in both merchandise and store look. They have tried to maintain a more reasonable price point, but have sometimes sacrificed quality to do so. More fashion forward employees, both in the home office and the stores, would make a big difference. This might be done either in setting company policies or by training.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 17, 2015
As manager I put in a lot of hours. I did like the job & tried to make it fun for the employees by having contests. We had floorsets to take care of at least every 6 weeks & markups/downs on a weekly basis. Daily customer service, cleaning, straightening, & stocking merchandise. Deposits made daily & bank runs for change.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Had to push store credit cards. as manager I had to put in a lot of hours.
laid off
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 29, 2015
I was laid off from this job as a store manager after the company decided to liquidate. This was a difficult job as they did not actually invest in the infrastructure of the company
Pros
great customers
Cons
no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.