Avenue Stores Employee Review

View all Avenue Stores reviews

Maybe it was just at the store I worked in..
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I was promoted to assistant manager after 8 months of working there so that was a plus but overall management sucked. Our syore manager had to go back and forth between two stores because they were always short staffed so the Co manager and I had to do most of the work. The DSM would leave mean voicemails in the morning if we did not meet our sales/credit goals because everyday you have to have a minimum amount of people open up credit card accounts even though most our customers are regulars and already have cards and it's not a very popular store where new people keep coming in.. Also the other employees would call off a couple hrs before their shift and I would have to cover their shifts without even asking me if i could do it or not.
And dont let me get started on the Magazine's we had to offer! It was such an inconvenience for everyone. It ruined relationships I had with some of the customers And we were basically obligated to offer them. My experience was just not great.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Everything else

Other Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Should have kept up with the times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHMay 21, 2019
This store no longer exists but I happen modest time there they were credit sales driven and had a lot of problems with that service. It took them under the justification of it all was they were not will to address the issue of making things work forward, I have a keep moving forward they had a stay put way of work.
Pros
Stuck in the past but now, they don’t exist
Cons
They can make a comeback if they tried
Always changing
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJApril 17, 2019
Its fun but hectic. At times,I enjoy the floor set changes.we have two fashion show a year that customers really enjoy. Only thing is out dated equipment so systems are slow...
Pros
Flexible time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.