Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Nice and Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Software Engeneer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJJanuary 8, 2018
Is a nice place to work, people are friendly, nice location, close to NY, and Mall.. There is a lot of hard working people here, trying to make Avenue survive.
But as a retail company , Avenue Stores LLC is facing market challenges , that's why no bonuses or promotions.
Pros
Sample Sales, employee discount
Cons
Number of stores closing, plans to get rid of mainframe
boring place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 5, 2018
This company did not follow thru with the promised hours and the clientele is not average so the stores are very slow and not a fun environment at all.
very peacful
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 27, 2017
love everything about the store and customers we had our days but what store is perfect hours where good pay was good. made new friends loved the fashion show they have twice a year
Typical Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 20, 2017
Management had lack of proper communication skills with management and employees. Poor training. Pushed responsibilities that was mostly done by one person. Blame placing. Over all typical retail but with lack of responsibilities, poor communication, and poor training.
Pros
Discounts in store
Cons
Had to do all ladder work (not shared), poor communication among employees and management, poor training
nice safe place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CADecember 11, 2017
I loved the job. I loved the people I worked with and the customers. I would love be working there today, but because of a bad judgment call I was let go. thank you .
Work ,ping pong work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDNovember 15, 2017
I didn't like working there to many different attitudes hours to long and the pay sucks to much favoritism going on they pick and choose who can have days off
Pros
Non
Cons
Excellent options in fashion for plus size woman.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2017
Avenue will provide the necessary training to be prepared for a high fashion in demand retail envoronment. While learning the shopping habits and experiences in the world of beautiful plus size women.
Pros
Balanced
Cons
Late nights
same ol retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2017
environment was OK to work in the staff were nice and fun, the job requirements were ridiculous for such little pay, part time employee doing full time hours still getting the short end of the stick.
Waste of time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie MarylandOctober 21, 2017
I had the worst time working here. Very poor management, extremely low hours on average I worked 10 hours a week as a "full time " employee. The business was very slow to the point were management decided to make cuts. They knew this information 3weeks in advance however they did not tell the associates giving them enough time to make attempts to find other employment opportunities simply because they did not want them to quit before they closed out the store. luckily one of the managers slipped up and told me what was going on and advised me to start looking for another job or else I would've been assed out like 15 other employees.
The funny thing is after they fired everyone they realized that the company wasn't doing as bad as they thought financially and asked us if we would like to work there again, as if we would be foolish enough to work there again with low pay and 6hrs a week.
Pros
Cons
every thing
Good place to work, possitive enviroment.
Full time Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 18, 2017
Daily process of opening and closing business in conjunction with daily activities. For example, checking e-mails, listening to voice messages reviewing sales and credit goals for the day, to name few. Some additional common tasks include, managing freight as well as daily tasks. My primary goal is to ensure our customers are happy and content with their shopping experience.
Pros
Happy customers, happy employees and productive enviroment.
It's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 17, 2017
The work isn't hard at all. Really my only issue is that I get NO HOURS. Some days I only come in for two (2) hours. Some weeks it's only nine (9) hours. In all fairness I was told this up front but I needed the job. The discounts are pretty good though.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No hours
Produtive and fun
Customer Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYOctober 11, 2017
Great Place to work. Management was nice and very flexible. I learned how to up sale well. The most enjoyable part about the job was the holidays. The crew was very nice
Pros
Breaks where 1 hour
Cons
no career advancments
Retail is Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 11, 2017
There is nothing really for me to say about this job. It was a part-time retail job and that was it. The best part was that I got a discount to purchase merchandise.
a typical work day
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 9, 2017
A typical work day was very difficult. Staff didn't show up, everyone was irresponsible and no one is held accountable. Corporate has no idea what they're doing. the DM would act like she's never heard these problems once she's visiting the store. Everything is a mess, there were so many days I work by myself
Fun place to work but not a place that I want to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus Park, NJOctober 4, 2017
Fun place but I prefer not to work for hours on end on my feet. Mostly what you do is keep the floor clean make sure every thing is hung/ folded and sized. And ring up customer purchases. I learned I really HATE standing all day. The management immediately above me is great, the higher ups I don't know. The hardest part is the standing the best is that the managers are personable.
no longer in business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 3, 2017
No longer in business, high turnover, commission for opening new credit card accounts with customers, poor management, long hours for management with no room for advancement
Is fun to work here
Senior IT Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJ 07662October 2, 2017
Is a nice place to work, people are friendly, the location is perfect, close to NY, and Mall. nothing else to say about Avenue. There is a lot of hard working people here, trying to make Avenue better every day.
Not a well mamaged faciultity
Director of Private Events (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJOctober 1, 2017
This Restaurant and careering house was new when I was hired the GM was replaced by the assistant GM who was not qualified to run such a beautiful place on the Ocean ...
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Very fast pace place to work at
Server (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11213September 30, 2017
A typical day at work would be getting and receiving task an instructions from management. Being aware of ones time management to finish job sooner or on time.
Pros
Able to be flexible with schedule
Cons
no Career Advancement
fun outgoing enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 30, 2017
In like this company for that we got paid every week, we got employee discounts on all are items not just one the staff was amazing and our management team was great.
Pros
team work
Cons
improvemnt on our hourly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.