Avenue5 Residential Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
Many high profile employees leave due to poor executive and mid-level management. The CEO manipulates employees to complete industry surveys indicating the company is a great place to work.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Hard worked like what I do. Love to learn new things
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2018
So my skills are I have my HVAC Universal license I got my pool license to and I know how to get done a unit completely about work orders I can get it done the soon as possible I cant I can do electric plumbing drywall texture paint work in Appliance
Pros
Good lunches in meeting good time with for the workers good bonus
Cons
They changed the management
Horrible
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
No leadership - staff all form another company - do not work well any other people. The accounting team was continual disgracing their own employees - no support and no leadership!
Pros
I'm out
Cons
Lack of leadership
Portland Corp. Office needs an overhaul!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 9, 2018
Portland could be a great region if the corporate office had an overhaul. Eliminate the bad seeds and success is the is in its future. It is no secret in the PDX area the story of which I speak. Be cautious and be true to yourself by not drinking the PDX office cool-aide. Other than that I really enjoyed my job and was happy to make the long drive to work.
Pros
Work live life, Benefits and Collaboration with few Property Managers was excellent.
Cons
Tainted Upper management, Hr Dept. that always sides with Upper Management, No real confidentiality.
Get it in writting...
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 19, 2018
For me there was no work/life balance allowed, work demands were unreal for being a one man property, bonus were not honored, little support from corporate office IE regional supervisors, honesty was from regional supervisors didn't happen. Don't really have anything positive to say.
Pros
Pay was better then most...
Great place to work in other areas just not PDX.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2018
Besides having Greystars bad apple running the show she has gone and hired more bad apples to work beside her. As long as she has the reins Avenue. 5 will never be what it truly could be in PDX. Shady thing are asked of you and blame is the name of the game. They claim there will be growth funny how it has slowed because of this person. The best of the companies upper management is either in Seattle or Salem just not PDX.
Pros
Co-worker to co-worker help is there when you need it., Pay is good. Corporate management actually cares.
Cons
Corporate is blind to the PDX issues. Regionals aren't helpful and shady.
Avenue5 is my 2nd Family
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 29, 2017
I have been with this company for 2 years. I have worked with other property management companies but none can compare to Avenue5. They treat each other like family. They put people first. They do fun things for the staff and all managers meet once a year for a leadership conference in Arizona. I have never felt more supported. There is lots of room for growth and advancement.
There are some difficult days, but that has everything to do with difficult residents (this is a customer service job, after all) but the hard days have nothing to do with the company. All coworkers are so helpful and I cannot imagine leaving.
Pros
Collaborative company, treated with respect, lots of room to grow career, education is supported and encouraged
So many growth opportunites
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 29, 2017
Avenue5 is a great company to work for. I can't promise the owners of each property that is managed by Avenue5 are great, but the company itself is awesome. They really love recognizing employees and give a lot of incentive to stay. There are many growth opportunities, if you start as a leasing consultant you can work your way up to management and even corporate without a college degree as long as you are great at what you do. I highly recommend this company to anyone.
The best property management company!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 26, 2017
There is so much positivie things to say about the company. The staff is amazing! Their encouraging, believe in growth and will take the time to teach you things you don’t know. I’ve had a wonderful experience with Avenue5 and will go back with the company. If you get the opportunity to work with the company take it! You will never regret it!
Pros
Amazing staff, growth, cared for employees and outstanding company
They give a good effort
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 22, 2017
They give a good effort. On-site Management teamwork is good. Had high hopes. Wish work live life was better.Recognition. Its like play your cards right and suck up to the right people and you can go far.
Pros
Benefits, Manager Conferences
Cons
Upper Management in PDX
A great place for learning
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 8, 2017
As a maintenance tech, I have learned a great deal about maintenance and I intend on using these new found skills later on in life. I don't consider this to be a career but if this is something that you really enjoy or want to get your foot in the door, I believe Avenue5 to be a great place to work at.
Takeover 11/2015 to current
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2016
Transition went smooth, few hiccups but great support along the way. Growth and communication are very important to this company and I appreciate that!
Great place to learn and grow
Leasing (Current Employee) –  AustinSeptember 29, 2015
Fast paced working atmosphere, with a chance to really grow and make your position your own. Able to have clear and easy communication to upper management.