averhealth

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Decent beginner job

This is a part remote/ part in office job, although it can all be done at home. Starting pay is reasonable but after a year working here and the “once a year pay-raise” not being applied I am still stuck at the same starting rate. Management does not seem to care too much about it either. PTO is typically very easy to get approved, they do allow for you to go to preset appointments during the work week which is also a plus. Decent work environment, the pay could just be improved greatly beings as more work is being given but no compensation for the extra work.

Pros

Remote work, Pto

Cons

Weak pay rate, no growth in the company

Official response from averhealth

September 13, 2021
Please speak with your manager/supervisor about your increase. Non-exempt headquarters employees receive increases (based on performance) in February of each year.

Flexible and Supportive Environment

I really enjoy working at Averhealth! They are really flexible about my work hours; As a full time student, that is really important. Everyone on the team is supper supportive and friendly, which makes working there really enjoyable.

Great place to work!

Averhealth is a wonderful company to work for! There are opportunities for career advancement and the leadership team does a great job of communicating and providing support when needed. It has been a fulfilling experience learning something new each day while working alongside a team that truly cares for one another!

Great workplace!

I have been working here for a few months now, and I really enjoy the interaction I get with our clients and the environment as well. It’s a distinct job, and also helps us experience a lot of subjects that we wouldn’t be able to learn in other workplaces. My employer is super flexible with my schedule as long as I notify them in time. This is a job I would recommend especially when improving your social skills besides that, it is a very welcoming company.

Great place to work!! Many career growth opportunities

I have been employed by Averhealth for a year and a half now, and I will say it has been a great humbling place to work.There is never a dull moment, it is very fast paced. I’m glad I got the opportunity to work for this amazing company and watch our patients overcome some of life’s obstacles while also being able to give words of encouragement.

Pros

Great Management, bonuses

Great company to work for .

I’ve been working at Averhealth for over a year now , and I must say that it has been one of the best employers I have ever work for . The unique experience that I have gained while working for this employer has taught me new skills that I can apply to my professional and personal life. Its management are awesome and their flexibility with my schedule as a college student has always been great. I would 100% recommend this job to anyone looking for a company where they can grow and learn new people skills .

Pros

Flexibility with schedule, management, and bonus perks.

Honestly... go somewhere where you are valued

As a PCT you'll end up in the belly of the beast more often than not. Management is lacking. Growth is non existent... Full time is not 40 hours and forget OT Be prepared to teach your supervisors most of their jo while being paid a Tech's wage.

A great company to grow with while learning new skills every day. Great Management.

If you like a fast paced, always growing company I could not think of a better company. I truly love the top notch friendly and very professional team I work with. I see how much the company values it's employees and will help them achieve their goals.

Pros

Room for advancement, the feeling of helping the community, management encouragement, work/life balance.

Cons

working from home definitely makes me miss my co workers.

Work never felt so good!

I love this company. I have felt welcomed from the beginning and the environment is great and fun! This makes it the perfect place to grow, I really feel like I've been learning since my first day here. The team makes me feel supported when I go through tough times, my manager has been really helpful and always wants my well-being.

Excellent place for growth

Working at such a welcoming environment as Averhealth has helped me grow both personally and professionally, the team is dedicated, supporting and always pushing me to be my better self. I have found myself challenged and motivated to keep growing in my work place so I can continue having a successful career in the field.

Jobs at averhealth

See more jobs

A welcoming workplace with beneficial opportunities

I have learned many new things while working here and it is beneficial getting trained and certified for multiple testing that Averhealth offers. Overall, it’s an easygoing workplace even when dealing with a difficult task or a line of patients.

Pros

Job security, advancement opportunities, stress free certification

Cons

No breaks, high turnover rate

Great company for advancement

Working for averhealth has been a complete joy! This company allows amazing opportunities for advancement. The company also provides support in numerous areas. The area of support that I appreciate the most, would have to be continued leadership training.

Pros

Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, Large Network

Great Culture, All About Helping People

Averhealth really helps people turn their lives around. The management team provide a clear direction, engages with all levels of the organization, and gives PCTs the support they need to get the job done. They also use technology to make your job easier.

Pros

Workplace culture and technology.

Cons

Occassionally a patient is difficult.

Positive Workplace with potential to gain valuable skills

The workplace is incredibly positive with a jovial environment, little stress and clear expectations that are completely maintainable in work/life balance. Management is very understanding and does everything in their power to ensure that their employees know how to execute their job and the teamwork shown in projects is excellent. I would wholeheartedly recommend working here as it is a great experience and I feel that I've gained a much better skill set in working here.

Pros

Good Pay, Good Management, Flexible Hours

Productive and fun working environment!

I have been with this company since Feb 2020 and I love my job. I feel like I'm making a difference in my community by helping others overcome drug and alcohol abuse. Within two months of working with the company I was quickly promoted to supervisor which was great. Advancement opportunities are always a plus to me when working somewhere. The benefits are great! Health, life, dental, vision, and short term disability insurance. Tons of opportunity to get bonuses! I would say the only downside to working at Averhealth is having to deal with some difficult patients but that happens wherever you work so no downside really!

Pros

Downtime, working with people, great hours

Cons

No set time for lunch break but can still eat

Rewarding Experience

The job could be challenging at times, but helping the Patients and my community while improving my resume and career growth was incredibly rewarding. I have spent too many years jumping from one job to another for a few cents more per hour. This was the first time I stayed put and demonstrated I was capable of much more. This allowed me to change the trajectory of my career and make a meaningful improvement in my earnings.

Pros

Changing lives

Cons

Not currently located where I moved

Great Company to work for:

This is a great company to work for and there is something new to learn and do everyday. I enjoy not only working with my fellow employees but all of our partners in the county and the patients we serve daily.

Pros

Helping People Improve Their Lives

Cons

Can be stressful

Productive and collaborative work environment!

Averhealth has been an amazing company to work for. From the management to culture of the workplace, Averhealth has been through and through! My manager has been incredibly helpful in all areas and I truly feel as though she wants us all to succeed and grow in our current roles or even beyond that. I have really enjoyed both roles I have been in at Averhealth and I appreciate the team that I have and the collaboration between HR and Operations. It definitely makes the work place somewhere I want to be :)

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Culture, Environment

National Company Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia

Growing company with many opportunities throughout the nation. The HR department has a 24-hour or less response time to help their employees, due to the nature of our work, we strive for demanding deadlines to ensure our patients can continue to live their lives.

Pros

Entry-Level eligibility, Benefits + Bonuses, some Remote work capabilities

4 Coworkers - 180 clients

Not worth it, you get harassed by clients, have to clean up the restroom after they provide, and sign in people who are new to the place at the same time between 3 other coworkers. Officially you have no lunch break, can't make overtime and at the end of the day you feel disgusted.

Horrible place to work

The pay sucks . Customers are crazy and want to fight all the time . You do so much for the company and they don’t want to give a raise no matter how hard you work for them .

Pros

When it’s time to go home

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at averhealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare averhealth with