Averitt
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Averitt Employee Reviews

The people here are nice but that doesnt pay the bills. They will take a 1300 miles trip and split it 3 or 4 ways between drivers. This works when drivers need to get home but good luck getting more than 2000 to 2200 miles consistently. You will go home with at least 20 to 30 hrs of your 70 left, even if you volunteer or beg for additional miles. I got my hazmat thinking my miles would increase but I was wrong. I tried to make things work with this company as far as boosting my pay or miles to meet my financial needs but it just didnt work. I would say this is a good gig for people with a 2 income household or retiree looking to get out of the house.
Pros
Great Management, Guaranteed Home Time, Paid Holidays, Terminals
Cons
Extremely Short Miles
The people at Averitt are amazing, but the work/life balance is terrible. You will be on a below average salary and expected to work overtime with no compensation.
April 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or call our Associate Open Line at 1-800-233-9944.
There is money to be made here if you are willing to change your life for 60+ hrs every week.The pay is good but they should pay overtime Specially when we are working so many hrs.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
No life
April 16, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!
I have been with Averitt for 9 years so far. This has been a great company. I started in truck load, went to shuttle/ combo then to city. The equipment is maintained well. Pay seems to be good compared to simular companies. Great benefits.
Pros
Good pay, up to date trucks and trailers. 8 paid holidays. Great benefits.
April 8, 2021
Excellent company. Great driver support system here. Coworkers are welcoming and friendly. Well organized. Compensation, Flexibility, Benefits, Home Time and so much more. My experience so far has been great they truly are my second family here. When you hear a company preach about Safety being top priority, I can honestly say they mean it. Our Safety and well-being is taken seriously. If your a team player and want to be with a company that doesn't look at you as just a warm body behind the wheel and knows your name, it's worth the adventure.
Pros
Life Balance, Benefits, Pay, and much more.
April 8, 2021
Thanks for the great rating. As we celebrate our 50th anniversary this year, we’re proud to have teammates like you who continue to represent Averitt so well.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I worked in truckloadHometime wise I've spent every 34 at home. They will give you more work if you want to stay out. The farthest I've driven from Houston is around Knoxville.The equipment is reasonably maintained.The terminal facilities and showers are very clean.There is a lot of corporate culture but OTR drivers are not affected much by it.The benefits are above average for new drivers.
April 8, 2021
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We’re so glad you’re part of the Averitt Express team!
My review of the company is they were the worst company I worked for my entire life. They controlled what you wore ,how you talked and how you lived your life and away from work . Management couldn't have been any worst from top to bottom. You want to get into trucking ,I would try anywhere but Averittexpress , because if you do you'll be sorry especially if you want to be a SAFE driver.
Pros
Cons
Having to work there from day one.
April 8, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.
Company overall very good, however the Orlando service is full of nothing but drama and discrimination. The management team does everything they can to cover up everything they can from corporate. Absolute horrible location. Ask anyone there.
Pros
Other than Orlando, good company
Cons
Short on the pay scale and pto policy
March 22, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience with management in your location. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there are any additional details you could share.
Can’t work from home as a driver so that didn’t pertain to me personally. Averitt will take care of you. I’m personally trying to get out of the truck, and once you are a driver it’s very hard to get promotions to leadership as there is a driver shortage through out the industry. Overall I was well taken care of. Great equipment, understanding leaders and will work with you. I’m a driver Trainer and rarely get new recruits, either because of being on a dedicated route or literally people just don’t want to drive trucks anymore.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Compensation/ Work Life Balance
March 22, 2021
Thank you for sharing your Averitt experience with us. We appreciate your input!
Good management. Work culture is good. Nice benefits, They have alot of service centers and drop yards that make parking after your eleven easier. Like the automatic trucks
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Alot of the LTL jobs and supply chain jobs are based on senority
March 9, 2021
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to our team!
Company does pretty good job in making sure you are taken cared off, company is seniority based so expect wait in line for certain opportunities. Overall good company.
Pros
Good Pay depending on division, benefits, great hometime
Cons
Communication, wait time on loads, hurry up an wait mentality
March 9, 2021
Thanks for the great rating! After 50 years in business, it’s a pleasure to have associates like you who continue to uphold the values upon which we were built!
Work 6 days a week Monday-Saturday but it’s the account I’m on not a direct representation of Averitt itself, I do feel like the pay should be increased to compensate the fact we work 6 days a week!New equipment and steady work!
March 9, 2021
Great place to work. Excellent job and environment. Fun staff and wonderful people. They have your back and your best interest in mind. Enjoyed working with averitt excellent pay and benefits.
March 9, 2021
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Averitt experience.
They used to be great. Not anymore. It's not what it used to be all those years ago. They lie and cheat you and treat you like nothing. Wish they kept the promises they make but they don't.
March 2, 2021
Great pay and compensation. Safety is top priority here. Management does care. Great people to work with always very helpful. Driver services are top notch if you have a problem they are your go to other than your driver manager. Great family atmosphere.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Compensation.
March 2, 2021
Thanks for the wonderful feedback! We're so happy to have you on our team!
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. A lot of sitting with no pay. Truckload is just a back up to the LTL side, otherwise you are just another cog in the machine.
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
A lot of wasted time
March 2, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Comments like these enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your input. Please reach out if there is anything we could have done to improve your experience.
Long hours and not paid time and half was the draw back. Mangers was ok, but not many opportunities for driver to advance to the management level. Benefits were better than average.
February 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback!
I was with averitt from 2018 up until 2020 before the supply chain division was reduced from 17 to 4 drivers, we had a great team. A shout out to Jakie who was the supervisor there. The work culture was the best I had experienced in my 8 years of driving. Office politics are there but minimal and not the traditional boss/employee environment. The pay was good and we were able to schedule our loads as we saw fit as long as the loads were completed which was a nice change. Start times had been my biggest complaint up until joining the supply chain division. Overall they are a great company. Keep in mind there are many divisions at the company and the supply chain division has since been changed around to meet the needs of the customer and put under different leadership so I can't accurately speak on the current situation.
Pros
Great benefits, Pay, Holidays, Culture, Diversity
February 13, 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review of your time with Averitt! We take your feedback to heart, so we appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
Pay us good. Home daily. Every thing based on seniority. Don't let them sell you on starting in one location and then "you can transfer" HA! You will have to give your first born child to get a transfer to another location. Terrible management. Could care less about the driver's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management and no option for transfer.
February 13, 2021
We're sorry to hear about the concerns you raise regarding management and the ability to transfer. We'd like to speak with you directly to see how we can help. Feel free to contact us at feedback@averittexpress.com or 1-800-233-9944.
I don’t really have anything negative to say about the company. Just know that you will probably be paying a lot for health benefits. Other than that, don’t plan too much unless you have been with the company for over a year because that’s when you’ll be able to use a vacation day.
Pros
The pay is pretty good
Cons
Insurance is expensive
February 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with Averitt. We're so glad to have you on our team!
Averitt sucks the managers n ver train the employees are good at doing nothing. They take 2 hour lunch. Deal with their personal problems at work while the minions do all their work and at the end they take the credit
February 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at feedback@averittexpress.com.
  1. Employee Reviews