Averitt Employee Reviews

Okay
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 8, 2018
This company has alot of benefits, it is a good company. I got lucky, I have a very good fleet manager. But the pay is not enough for me. I am out all week, without seeing my family, without being able to sleep in my bed to get an $850 check or less. I am in truckload and I have not seen $900+ from them. It does not seem like it’s worth it to me. Like I said, it is a good company, good people but I could make that kind of money driving buses or something else and be home everyday.
Pros
Benefits, good people
Cons
Pay is not good enough
December 10, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review! We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied completely and if you would like to discuss your situation further, please contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or (877) 221-1942.

Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2018
My boss was great I was going through a life problem and got fired should of let management knew before it got out of line but all around great place to work...
December 7, 2018

Thanks for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your time working at Averitt. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at feedback@averittexpress.com or (877) 221-1942.

Good pay, but long hours
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSDecember 4, 2018
Good job for men not so much for women. The pay was great, but the company would work you long hours, which isn;t bad if you don't have a family. You only get Saturday off.
Working There
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 29, 2018
Averitt was one of worst places I have ever worked at in my life and would never consider working for them ever again. I think the whole company is a shame and would of taken them to court of harassment case but decided not too.
Pros
Cons
everything about the company
November 30, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or (877) 221-1942.

Good Company to learn from
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 19, 2018
Good Company to learn your skill set from then find another job that pays a lot better then what Averitt Pays. Base pay does not change much no matter how long you are with the company
November 20, 2018

Thanks for the review. We're proud of our team's culture for promoting from within, allowing recent hires to join the 1,100+ associates who have been with our team for 20 or more years.

Fast Paced, can be disorganized
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
Always lots to do with most of the responsibility ultimately lying with the driver. Can be frustrating when lots of the things that can go wrong stems from how trucks are loaded or how stops are dispatched, which are out of the driver's hands.
Workplace
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2018
Averitt is a well organized company to work for although it does take a while for career advancing transfer of positions and pay could be better for the hours and miles we drive for the company.
Pros
Career advancing
Cons
Management, long time for transfer, pay.
My experience
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Averitt is a excellent company.
The trucks are in excellent condition. Home time is great. Benefits are fantastic. Management cares about drivers.
Drivers are treated with dignity and respect. We have a place to wash our trucks and clean our cabs. We can travel with pets or family. No one is left behind at Averitt Express.
Pros
Very nice staff.
Cons
The hardest part of the job is the harsh working conditions
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Lots of the time spent waiting around for freight with nothing to do in extreme weather conditions with no overtime pay. Poor communication skills amongst staff as well as strong sign of favoritism.
Cons
30 min unpaid break
Very fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXOctober 30, 2018
My duties included 2 shifts. 1st shift started on the docks at 6 am offloading incoming freight and staging. After all incoming freight was unloaded, the daily routes were loaded on to the trailers. My second shift as a driver began when my route was loaded to a trailer. The route included deliveries and pickups.The average time was arriving at the docks around 8 pm.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
no steady freight/ hours
great job
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  tennesseeOctober 27, 2018
great job, great company, great supervisor/dispatcher. lots of opportunities, just to name a few good things about the company. if there had been an averitt where I moved, i'd still be with them
Cons
tennessee
Driving a truck just wasnt for me.
Driver (Class A CDL) (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville,GaOctober 26, 2018
At the time I had a wife and children at home. Driving a truck I wasnt afforded the opportunity to see much of them. Responsibility driving a heavy truck didnt seem proportional to the pay and the time one was away from home was too little for the pay. Working for the company was good. If you were where you should be It was some what like being self employed.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
not a bad company to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAOctober 22, 2018
not a bad company to work for its just they dont get much freight in new orleans and if your over weight you are required to wear a cpap mask at night which is uncomforable
Great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana arOctober 20, 2018
Very good company Can’t say to much of nothing but good about this company they treat you with respect and make sure they care of all they driver got to meet the owner who first started the company.
Pros
Home every weekend
Well paid but poorly led at local level
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 17, 2018
Averitt Express is basically a good company.
The overall work is diverse and what you are hired for may not be what you will be doing on any given day.
The atmosphere and culture at the location I was employed at place your job above your family/personal life in that the hours were variable every day and any week could be from 0 to 7 days with no advance notice.
Pros
Very well paid for the local area
Cons
Substandard equipment and poor local management
I was with a temp agency
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, tnOctober 5, 2018
Not enough days worked because of issues at Nissan. Never knew when i had to work till later in the day. There was a huge lack of communication between Nissan, staffing and managment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of communication
Ok work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
Fast pace environment and must be able to load and unload trailers and use RF device to Perfrom your job duties. Must be able to know how to unload a trailer and to load on another making sure that the product is loaded on the right trailer
Good company
Supply Chain Driver (Current Employee) –  TuscaloosaSeptember 15, 2018
Averitt Express is a good company, although I would not recommend driving in their Regional position. I have driven dedicated and Regional with Averitt. I have a total of 4 years with Averitt between the two positions. I can tell you that if you have a dedicated position it is a really good place to be. So, if you can deal with a 65 mile per hour truck and wearing itchy red uniforms it's a good company to work for...
Pros
New equipment, adequate pay, good benefits
Cons
Erratic schedule for regional drivers
Awesome
Dock Worker / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work is like many other places. It is a good company. I really enjoyed driving for them but needed to go back to over the road at the time.
City Driver- Pre-trip the truck, then head out for deliveries and pickups in a designated area. Usually do a swap out at a large base customer later
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoy Averitt. I love what i do, and who i work for, but am presently awaiting a transfer, and it has truly tested my patience. Transfers are to be open after 6 months of employment, and yet i have been here for over 9 months now, transfer documented, and am purposely being held for an extended time at my present terminal. There are so many positive things about Averitt, that you can't let one area where they don't measure up, cause them to be looked at differently. I would give Averitt 9 out of 10 stars. If you are looking for a company with advancement opportunity, respect, and great benefits, Averitt should be a first stop priority. COME ON BOARD!
Pros
Culture/ Respect/ Benefits/ Advancement opportunity
Cons
Svc Ctr Managers may have a tad too much say so in transfers or advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.