Averitt Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
accountable
Driver/Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is focused on their employees being accountable, and well trained. Extensive resources are used to ensure a safe, and well trained environment. Serving the customer is the highest priority.
Reliable work
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is a great place to work. Days can be long, but are typically long in this industry. The hardest part of the job is working in the cold. The guys I work with are great.
When you transfer you don’t hold your spot but for a yr
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 5, 2018
I came to Averitt for one reason and that was I would be home every weekend. When I started here you had to do truck load for one year where you’re gone all week . My biggest gripe is they don’t keep up with industry standards for Pay . We are currently 8-10 cents a mile behind other carriers. LTL tops out at .58 cents . Turnover is a lot higher than they want you to know . Just think it’s time for a change . When you change divisions at Averitt and someone transfers after you if they have more seniority after a year they go ahead of you on the board . Therefore you never gain company seniority you just go down the board .
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Seniority is messed up
family feeling
CITY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2018
they allowed me to come in early to arrange an load my own route. route an plan as i saw fit for the day. allowed me to make calls to customers to set a schdule that worked better for the customer. this built better relations for me an the customer.
Pros
me planning my route
Cons
needing better equipment to work with
It’s alright
Spotter Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILJuly 3, 2018
Great company uniform allowance it’s a family oriented everybody nice to each other but no overtime straight hours living in Chicago is expensive the benefits is decent
large company growing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 2, 2018
averitt trucking is a very good and organized company to work, on the daily the driver get his assign load and other information from our dispatch, then the driver determined how long it will take and the fastest and safe way to deliver the load.
poor work place
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 30, 2018
no miles equals low pay. my last two weeks there I ran less then 900 miles a week. no one will care about you till you quit , then its what can we do to keep you .
always busy always moving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 28, 2018
Good company to grow with learned how to back a 53ft trailer into many tight areas. Learned how to drag a 53ft trailer in a downtown area and be comfortable in traffic in all situations.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no overtime difficult to take a day off no one to cover your shift
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 28, 2018
For a local driving job it is a great trucking company all equipment is in decent condition all automatic trucks they have a variety of runs to choose from
Pros
Good runs
Cons
Long days
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 25, 2018
very family oriented fast paced work less stress kind of laid back do as your told they wont bother you to bad. plenty of advancement in your career and job.
A very productive place to work
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38502June 20, 2018
Doing safety checks on your truck and going over your paper work and route of travel . I learn use my time wisley the management was great never stand over your back work culture was good for the most part you hardly ever see anyone . The hardest part about the job is driving in the mountains at night. The enjoyable part of the job is when your shift is over !
Pros
Cons
Night Driving
good place to work
Combo Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LAJune 16, 2018
get your bills and run your daily route. make deliveries and after that you start making pick ups. hardest part is finding locations and being able to get your truck into difficult places.
Pros
Cons
stress full work
small office and familiar faces
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
My job mostly consisted of shuffling paperwork. Lots of paperwork. The computer system was outdated and not the easiest to navigate, but fine once you got the hang of it. You typically saw the same faces everyday, and although it was a quick paced environment, there were periods of lull throughout the day and you could relax and mingle with co workers.
Pros
benefits, never boring
Cons
staying until all drivers reported
OTR , regional
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 13, 2018
Averitt was a good job to gain my OTR experience , your dispatched loads that are usually scheduled to delivery based on load manifest . its a good place to get your experience
Really good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
Fast paced work environment and ability to advance in conpany and quarterly raises along with monthly evaluations.overall a good place to work long term
a iot of driving
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  4500 Birmingham Dr. Birmingham, AlabamaMay 26, 2018
The trucks look great. Management wasn't kind . The pay was very low at time. The insurance was great . Home time was excellent, home every weekend. The hardest part of the job is not moving up.
Good introduction to transportation
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 12, 2018
My employment was over 10 years ago, so I can't provide much in the form of current policies or conditions. But it was a good place to work for me as a young man with a family.
okay for credentials
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2018
just a bunch of people who work you for nothing. usually hired through temp agency, so the people coming in and out were not what i expected. company cut my shift and only went to operating two shifts a day with no room to keep me on the other shifts.
Pruductive and very competitive
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 1, 2018
Lovely place to work,constant, very easy to get stuck. Always can get hours. Off weekends. Can move up in company. Teaches you alot about the trucking industry
great local job to start and get experience
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILApril 27, 2018
one of the best trucking carriers that actually cares for their drivers Averitt truly shows the hospitality of caring for their employees the only thing I disliked was theres no overtime and your working like 12 hours a day
Pros
most caring company in the trucking industry
Cons
no overtime long hours