Averitt Employee Reviews

43 cent per mile but you get NO MILE..
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2019
Started working for Averitt last June,it didn't take me long to realize that the miles weren't there.. I'm on the Academy Sports account,and clearly Academy was not set up to get good mileage,you'll be lucky if you get 1700 miles per week and at .43 a mile you'll starve trust me... DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM AVERIT/ACADEMY ACCT...
Pros
New Tractors
Cons
Everything else
Truckload Driver (8 months)
Truckload Driver (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 22, 2019
I feel really good about being here at Averitt! They may not be perfect, but they do make up for it when things don’t go exactly as they said. It’s easy to always blame someone else without asking yourself if I had any hand in things not going as desired. However, I’ve learned from working here if you say something, Averitt tries to correct it. They really do listen all the time—not just when there is an issue. I admire that. With the trucking industry in general, you can’t be lazy, move lethargically AND expect things to just be given to you.
Pros
Benefits/Pay/Getting To Go Home Every Weekend/Feeling Appreciated
Cons
All The Usual Hard Work That Comes Along With Being A Truck Driver
March 25, 2019

We thank you for this stellar review! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. We love your positive attitude and it's an honor to have you as part of the Averitt family!

I loved this company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 21, 2019
This was a job company I was a truck driver they got me home every wknd and they would have cookouts for their drivers and reward them for doing good and driving good on the road
March 22, 2019

We appreciate the 5-star review! Thanks so much for taking the time out to share your experiences from your time working with us.

great company to work for
OPS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2019
Great company to work for. Love the general family like atmosphere. Averitt has a very rich culture and I'm proud to be part of it. Pay is good as well :).
March 14, 2019

Thanks so much for this kind review! We are certainly the lucky ones to have you with us! So glad to have you as past of the Averitt family.

A lot of words and no action
Truckload Division Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2019
I been here 7months truckload division been home on time maybe four times promise to have you home on Fridays or Saturdays by noon multiple times I got home either late Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

I understand the trucking industry things change but there's too many excuses why you can't get home and not enough communication also equipment is fair but my truck been in the shop numerous times for simple repairs that should have been fixed overtime.

far as trying to get a dedicated account if you live in Florida good luck because there's never anything open for Florida especially for the Tampa area other than the pods account which is not a bad position but I'm not trying to be out for three weeks. Currently I'm still here hoping something comes available for my area if not I'm looking to go local but not with averitt.
another thing if you have your hazmat good because most likely you will get home on time but if you don't did they will tell say that's why you're not getting home on time there's a lot of hazmat loads to pull but if you don't have your endorsements.

Because you're not getting home and sitting a lot which I don't believe because I don't see that many hazmat loads being pulled by averitt.

End result company for someone who's just getting out of school who needs OTR experience but if you're experience veteran of driving be very careful and research.
Pros
benfits, pay
Cons
Hometime, poor communication, no decated accounts for Florida
March 13, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Reviews like yours are essential to building better experiences for our associates in the future, and we take comments like these to heart when looking for ways to improve our company and culture. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership with any specific issues so that we can address them as quickly as possible.

good people bad higher management
Switcher Driver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 10, 2019
if you have a problem or someone else is doing something wrong, they just sweep it under the rug.easy work just moving trailers around as instructed by dispatch in an orderly fashion.
March 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to hear that you feel issues have been mishandled as that does not align with our culture and the way we strive to do business. If you have examples you’d like to share, we encourage you to reach out to your leadership or connect with us at feedback@averittexpress.com.

Great company for new drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 2, 2019
Averitt was a good company to start your over the road trucking career. The training program is fantastic. Six to Seven weeks with a trainer then they have a finishing program for a week, but you can stay an extra week if you to. Averitt really cares about the drivers.
Pros
Great benefits and good miles. Home every weekend.
March 4, 2019

Thanks so much for the 5-stars and kind words! We really appreciate receiving your feedback!

poor
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 23, 2019
poor company to work for was lied to about paid vacation. they do not pay for your lunches. communication from terrible from the bosses they didnt know what was going on half of the time.
February 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We understand how important a strong line of communication with leadership is and regret that this played a role in the negative experience you describe. If you have further feedback, please reach out to us at feedback@averittexpress.com.

Very misleading
truck driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2019
Forced to quit cause I was out all week Mon-Friday an they were putting 300-450 in my account when they promised I would always get st least 750 per week witch was low compared to what I was used to making. all experiences are on you!!! You think if u go to there fancy 4 day training lol school paid me 800 that you would at least bring that home for being gone 5/6 days a week very misleading
Pros
Fancy uniforms
Cons
Broken promises
February 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt misled – honesty and transparency are highly valued at Averitt, so the experience you describe does not align with the one we hope our associates will have. Should you feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to us at feedback@averittexpress.com so we can learn more about what happened here.

Call Center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 20, 2019
Poor management, greedy executives, that would rather be short-handed than to spend a buck. Company profit sharing drives everything. They discourage showing up early or staying late. Turnover is high, favoritism is rampant.

The use of "leader" to label supervision, is an absolute joke. Leaders only look out for themselves and not their people. Call them supervisors or managers, some of these "leaders" have no idea how to lead, but can manage just fine.
The professional image policy should be revisited, the folks in the call center, who never see the customer, should not have a more strict policy than the drivers, who are the true face of the company
Pros
Great benefits package if you get to use it
Cons
Poor Management, Little PTO
February 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing your honest and open review. We regret to hear that you had a negative experience in our call center. We are continually evaluating the associate experience and comments like yours help us improve and grow our procedures over time. If you have further feedback, please reach out to us at feedback@averittexpress.com.

no miles to run
OTR Truck Driver- Class "A" (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 16, 2019
when i started with them the first 3 months they run me raged and then it just went down after that.i wasn't making enough money to pay my bills and provide for my family.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not enough miles sat to much
February 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, but we’d love to chat with you and discuss how we could’ve addressed your issues while you were still a part of our team. Please reach out at feedback@averittexpress.com.

Just a job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Go to work, drive, drop and hook and go home. Nothing special about the job. The hardest part is getting up between 12AM and 2AM every morning. There isn't really anything enjoyable about this job so far.
February 18, 2019

Thanks for leaving us your review! We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll find more to enjoy about your position.

productive and had fun getting to work in a welcoming environment.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 2, 2019
I unloaded and reloaded trailers and used a forklift to load and unload heavy items like rugs and carpet. At Averitt, I learned to drive a forklift and create a positive work environment not only for myself but for the people I work with.
Pros
sometimes get free lunch from the managers and getting a paid lunch break
Cons
short lunch break for the amount of time working and lifting heavy materials
February 4, 2019

Thanks so much for this wonderful feedback! We especially love hearing about you creating a positive work environment for yourself and others. Keep up the good work! Thanks for being a team player and we are so grateful to have you as part of the Averitt family.

Was hired as a temporaray position while someone was on maturnity leave.
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
Overall it was a great job with wonderful people and I wish I could have continued. But there was very little training and I had absolutely no warning when my last day was until the very last hour. Then after a week I was sent to another department. After a total of nine hours and going home for the day with the assumption that I was going to return the next day, that evening I got a text message that I was not a good fit and to not to return. I got no explaination as to what I had done wrong, as far as I was concerned there was nothing in my part that was wrong as they said they would see me in the morning. So with that being done I was not happy with that company.
I miss working at averitt great people to work for
Fortlift oporater (Former Employee) –  Colfax, NCJanuary 24, 2019
Really great componany to work for friendly invierment all around people I work there again if hired back great pay great benefits its a great opportunity
Pros
Bring your lunch
Cons
30 min
January 28, 2019

Thanks so much for this glowing review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time working with us.

Great Company but poor management
LTL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2019
Averitt is a good company but the management makes the job harder than it has to be. Most of the work is put onto certain drivers while other particular drivers get to pretty much manage themselves and receive special treatment. It is very unorganized due to the lack of leadership and favoritism.
January 22, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Comments like these enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out if there is anything we could do to improve your experience.

when I was there not good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 16, 2019
Did not like the management way of doing things. They give their picks and chooses the better jobs when bid comes up. That's when I was there. I haven't been there in a long time
January 22, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. As a company, we are always improving and seeking ways to better serve our driving associates. We’d like the opportunity to show you the enhancements we’ve made since you last knew us. Please reach out at feedback@averittexpress.com or (877) 221-1942.

sitting in truck for long periods of time. Trucks are old and need repair.
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Over all not a bad company to work for considering truck driving. Pay could be better, leadership is unorganized. The pay is not completive when you consider being a truck driver.
work at averitt
CDL Driver Over The Road (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Enjoyed working here and the crews felt like family. Always a pleasure to help serve the people of Kentucky in a fast paced business along with many other locations
January 14, 2019

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We really appreciate your kind words and are so grateful you took the time to leave us your thoughts.

Great people to work with and family environment.
LTL Selections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Productive environment. Works well with schedules. Great benefits with free clinic provided to associates along with gym as well. However more geared towards drivers than people in administration.
January 11, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! We welcome your positive comments, but we regret to hear that you feel we are geared more towards drivers than our administrative staff. If you'd like to further discuss why you feel this way, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or (877) 221-1942.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.