Averitt
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Averitt Employee Reviews

United States685 reviews

Averitt is a great place to work, but due to its flat organizational structure moving up can be difficult. Management is great and culture is top notch.

Pros

Culture, management, work/life balance

Cons

Flat structure, pay not always competitive

May 23, 2022
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Promoting from within has always been an important part of our culture, and will continue to be as we look ahead!

Micro manage every aspect of your life nano manage every aspect of your work life.

Anyone needful of being told how to wear your apparel, your hair, your facial hair, your hat, your belt, your accessories and jewelry; Averitt is the place for you. Averitt will tell you everything you need to know,do,think, or be.

Pros

Good health insurance

Cons

Office centric, nano manage work life and spills over into personal life

May 23, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. At Averitt, we pride ourselves on being the standout when it comes to our level of customer service and professionalism, and we think we raise the standard when it comes to our associates’ appearance too. We allow a lot of room for personal expression and individuality while adhering to a high standard for professionalism.

Averitt insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

LTL city driver/ it all depends

Averitt is a solid company, but it all depends on which terminal you work out of. You can make a decent living there. Just be honest and do the right thing and you’ll be fine.

May 23, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Stable Company

I've worked for a few trucking companies and Averitt is by far the best. Trucking is trucking but when the company has policies and procedures that are actually followed to keep their freight and drivers moving, it takes a lot of the stress off.

Pros

Consistent schedule, good pay, friendly supervisors

Cons

Long hours, physically demanding

May 20, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! We truly appreciate it.

Great trucking company to work for

Averitt is a great company! I have always been treated with respect and honesty. You can make great money here If you are willing to run hard, use your clock properly, and make your deliveries on time. It's trucking.... you will have to put some hours in but it will pay off if you show your Fleet Manager you want to run. This is the only company I have ever worked for where the owner calls to check on you. He truly cares for the employees and wants to make the company as driver friendly as possible. The best part about this company is the home time. They will get you home every weekend! I honestly can't say enough about Averitt.... It truly is a great company!

Pros

Home time, benefits, equipment, and pay

Cons

None that I can think of

May 17, 2022
Thanks so much for the great review. We’re so glad you’re part of the Averitt Express team!

Its ok.

Good company to retire if you want to stay. Profit sharing for retirement after six years of being in the company. Home weekends for my department. This is the best thing I like. Home by Friday night or sat morning.

May 13, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! We truly appreciate it.

Work 60 plus hours a week no overtime pay

Communication with leadership is terrible, pay is sub par, trucks are garbage at least on the MBUS account, if you want a decent paycheck you have to work 60 plus hours a week...paid hourly every thing is straight time no overtime pay

May 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience.  We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or call our Associate Open Line at 1-800-233-9944.

Sucks

Sucks. Pay is horrible(at least on the Mercedes account) if your lucky and work plant 2 you’ll work 70 hours a week and get barely $1,000. Place I run by a guy who never drove trucks and ain’t afraid to tell you about it.

May 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to be the best we can be for our associates, so we regret that we didn’t meet that expectation. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or 1-800-233-9944.

Ignorance completely and absolutely

Never have I been around such ignorant and arrogant management. From onboarding to dispatch it is completely unorganized and unsupportive. Stuck in their culture through corporate policy

April 26, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.

Toxic leadership

The drivers was cool, LEADERSHIP SUCKS! Leadership would allow trailers to be overloaded, didn’t enforce standards, would allow drivers to do whatever. Leadership were disrespectful towards drivers and some were spoken to VERY DISRESPECTFULLY! Leadership also played sides between drivers and other leaders…..

April 21, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We strive to be the best we can be for our associates, so we regret that we didn’t meet that expectation. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.

Work life balance

Great place to work. Needs more pay. I work 6-3 everyday and no weekends no matter what. Just wish the pay was higher. I work at a location that doesn’t have room for growth.

April 7, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Reviews like yours are essential to building better experiences for our associates.

Very respectful

Moving PODS coast to coast, excellent mileage, my favorite parts was having control of my schedule, excellent equipment, zero micromanagement, lots of terminals trough the south east.

April 4, 2022
Thanks so much for the great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your Averitt experience.

Stressful and long hours

Running switch truck not hard but very stressful at costumer, 2 to 3 or 4 calls at the same time and no place to park trailers. Long hours and management does not seem to want to provide help as long as you keep covering empty shifts

Pros

Great health care benefits and pay is decent

April 4, 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Great job

Wonderful place to work in advance it was a wonderful opportunity I would recommend this place to anyone who is willing to work hard to succeed in life

April 4, 2022
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Averitt experience! We sincerely appreciate your review.

Good company

Good company to work for I ran regional didn’t like to run up north to New Jersey but I loved running down south I was home every weekend I averaged about 1200 a week

March 25, 2022
Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Nice place to work.

Good management. Job and safety first company. Company sets profitable goals and uses common sense to reach those goals. Good company to work for. I always was comfortable that my supervisor had my back will dealing with customers

Pros

Takes care of the employees by lunches very often

March 25, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Good place to start

Enjoyed learning how to be a good truck driver there. The training program was great. The equipment was good and I got home whenever I needed to. Overall good job to start my trucking career.

March 14, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the community!

Good work environment if you are coming to work

More UPS than Downs it's a trucking company they are makeing improvements in equipment and constantly training. Your day depends on your attitude but mostly it's up to you to work smart not hard.

Pros

Management and understanding.

Cons

Pay negotiation.

March 8, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

Great environment overall. One of the highest paying trucking jobs in the trucking industry. Never had issues with payroll nor receiving time off. This company offers excellent benefits and decent home time.

March 8, 2022

Really good company to work for

I loved every mile I drove for this company, they are as professional as can be, very understanding of personal issues and are open for accommodations if you need them. I drove a dedicated regional account they have in the southeast which was great because I'd always be close to home. The most I'd spend out on the road was 2 days max and then be back home for 1 day. Off on Fridays and Saturdays and back driving on Sunday. Constant work and friendly people at every stop o had. Unload my trailer with an electric pallet jack which was great because it kept me moving a bit. Overall I really recommend them.

Pros

Great pay, great people. Got a raise within 2 weeks of training. .58 cents per mile which was pretty good.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

February 21, 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a recommendation! We truly appreciate it.

Better than average trucking companies. Home time and pay are inconsistent

Overall, a decent company to driver for. Able to park and fuel in Averitt terminals all around the Southeast. Shops available at most major terminals. Equipment is acceptable for the most part. The company does care for its drivers. Uniforms are required, but you are given a uniform allowance. Unfortunately home time is inconsistent. In general, you get home on Friday evening/Saturday morning. You never know what time until Thursday/Friday that week, so making weekend plans can be challenging. Pay is at the mercy of miles of course. If you get stuck running short miles all week, which is out of your control due to forced dispatch, your check will suffer for it.

Pros

Terminals to park and fuel at, good environment and culture

Cons

Pay and home time are inconsistent

February 7, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Common questions about Averitt

Answered by current and former employees at Averitt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits