Averitt Employee Reviews

Ok work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
Fast pace environment and must be able to load and unload trailers and use RF device to Perfrom your job duties. Must be able to know how to unload a trailer and to load on another making sure that the product is loaded on the right trailer
Good company
Supply Chain Driver (Current Employee) –  TuscaloosaSeptember 15, 2018
Averitt Express is a good company, although I would not recommend driving in their Regional position. I have driven dedicated and Regional with Averitt. I have a total of 4 years with Averitt between the two positions. I can tell you that if you have a dedicated position it is a really good place to be. So, if you can deal with a 65 mile per hour truck and wearing itchy red uniforms it's a good company to work for...
Pros
New equipment, adequate pay, good benefits
Cons
Erratic schedule for regional drivers
Awesome
Dock Worker / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work is like many other places. It is a good company. I really enjoyed driving for them but needed to go back to over the road at the time.
City Driver- Pre-trip the truck, then head out for deliveries and pickups in a designated area. Usually do a swap out at a large base customer later
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoy Averitt. I love what i do, and who i work for, but am presently awaiting a transfer, and it has truly tested my patience. Transfers are to be open after 6 months of employment, and yet i have been here for over 9 months now, transfer documented, and am purposely being held for an extended time at my present terminal. There are so many positive things about Averitt, that you can't let one area where they don't measure up, cause them to be looked at differently. I would give Averitt 9 out of 10 stars. If you are looking for a company with advancement opportunity, respect, and great benefits, Averitt should be a first stop priority. COME ON BOARD!
Pros
Culture/ Respect/ Benefits/ Advancement opportunity
Cons
Svc Ctr Managers may have a tad too much say so in transfers or advancement.
Ok company
Machine Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Typical warehouse work. Hours and pay aligned with warehouses in this area. Leadership changed over quite a bit. Little advancement available unless looking to drive trucks.
Broke Down
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 7, 2018
While the pay/benefits were very good here, it's was extremely difficult to have good weeks when the truck was always breaking down and put in the shop.
Excellent Company
Lead Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 5, 2018
I was with Averitt for more than four years. I started the summer before I started college. They worked with me in terms of classes and school obligations but expected 100%. It was tough but fair.
Excellent company
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2018
The best company I've ever worked with the people have a great attitude management & dispatch every one has a great attitude all the way to the top great company
Cons
Nice environment and good place to work
Dock operator (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 28, 2018
I would recommend this place to work if you are wanting to be a driver. Very friendly place to work. Not too stressful. Usually have several times for a break during a shift.
Pros
Breaks, relaxed
Cons
Pay low for dock workers
"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly"
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 26, 2018
I worked at Averitt Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros
Benefits are good
Hire from within
Home time is there
My starting miles in the beginning where up to 2700 weekly
Down time pay
Detention pay
Fleet Mgr. was professional with me
There is always someone to talk to concerning a issue a driver has.
Averitt is Professional and expect it's Drivers to be as well.
This is a great company for beginning drivers to learn and when I say learn you will learn to back up into anything!

Averitt is a Great company to work for.

Cons
Benefits got to be home to use them.

Home time; never know which day unless you request in advance with your Fleet Mgr. which is 50/50 on the pro/con.

Miles when I started was great but went from 2400 down to 1500 and lower a week. This is what caused me to leave even after talking to retention whom got me 2900 miles that week but then dropped well below 1800 afterwards. Started bringing home $500, $400, $300, $450 weekly checks; not worth being gone for 5 to 6 days a week.

Detention pay; one time I had 12 hours @ $20hr of detention pay due to a shipper placing two additional pallets in my trailer that didn't belong. I would drive 24 miles to CAT get scaled come back; I did this 4 or 5 times until someone at the shipper decided to pull everything off and do a inventory of what was put on the trailer. I was only paid $100 but only after I threw a fit about running back and forth weighting the shipper’s mess-up all day for 14hrs. Word to the wise, if you go to work for Averitt and input you are loaded then there is no detention
  more... pay even after getting scaled at a CAT and having to do what I did.

Regional drivers are low priority, they make the least amount of all Averitt drivers even when you end up pulling LTL loads as a Regional Driver.

One of the things I should have paid attention to was orientation, when there was over 80 drivers there. Averitt has orientation every week from anywhere of 50 to 80 new drivers being hired every week. First Red Flag

Hiring from within; good luck with that.

Averitt's NEW minimum mileage pay: 400 mile minimum for short-haul loads picked up and delivered by driver is not what you might think; it only pays 400 miles if you pick up a live load under 400 miles and make the delivery yourself to the consignee; not picking up a load at one of the Service Centers then delivering it, which is what may drivers were having to do.
Most of the loads are LTL loads which mean low miles, no 400 mile minimum; which is why I had to leave even at 0.42 CPM

Shop worked on my tractor four times and claimed to have fix the APU each time and I would always get a call about idling the truck all the time which I told them I was not roasting in the cab waiting on a load or while I was sleeping.
One time I brought my tractor in to have the windshield resealed due to a leak and they had the whole tractor tore down, they never fixed the leak.

I didn't want to leave Averitt, I liked Averitt very much but my cons out weight my pros with Averitt.
Hopefully your pros will out weight your cons if you go with Averitt.
Everyone has totally different experiences in life and maybe yours will be totally different than mine were with Averitt.

Averitt orientation will always have 50 to 80 new hires a week if you can not take care of the employees you currently have.
Averitt enticing drivers with 2200 miles weekly and then lowering it to were Drivers can not make a living, then Averitt will waste money hiring new drivers.

Bottom line Averitt has what it takes; Averitt just has to find a way of maintaining morale and instilling into the current work group.
Good solid company with excellent orginization
CDL A TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 19, 2018
Averitt was the first company that I went to work for after getting into truck driving. I new that I would be with this company for the purpose of getting some experience in driving a truck and not long term. It is important for me to maintain my social life with friends and family. This is not possible as an OTR driver. I am thankful to Averitt for the opportunity they gave me.
Pros
Good company with great organization and benefits
Cons
OTR is the only con for me
Great company to grow with for young driver
Supply Chain Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC/Atlanta,Ga.August 19, 2018
Great family oriented company that cares.Company is set up so the employee can succeed and retire. Great company for u and ur family. I love what I do
Pros
Set up for success
Cons
Wish PODS paid more on the miles
Great company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 17, 2018
I wish I had never left. The culture there is fantastic and no matter what a person's title was, they always had time for me. The position that I had is no longer there but given the opportunity I'd work for them again.
Pros
Great culture
stable employment
Supply Chain Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 31, 2018
I would recommend this job to veterans. it is also a good place to start working for new drivers. the straining was very much needed. I am glad I had an opportunity to work for them.
fun and positive atomsphere
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2018
Averitt Express is a great company to work for my experience there was great. Form the cookouts and the service centers that provided you a safe place to fuel and rest up.
Pros
home every weekend
Cons
only a 34 hour reset
Very good
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
Was a very good place to work. With room to grow within the company. If I didn't have to relocate. I will still be working there because I was making that my career. They was try to get me transfer but I moved to far from the one in NC.
Averitt is a great company to work for overall
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 29, 2018
Averitt is a great and respectable place to work. HOME WEEKLY was a plus. excellent equipment. I had a great fleet manager who I got along well with. Averitt has great facilities for their drivers
Pros
great home time
Cons
There were a lot of times you would get stuff some place waiting to get home
Productive and great place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2018
I’m leaving Averitt because I have to relocate to Huntsville AL, they aren’t offering any jobs there currently so we have to part.....................
Pros
I had more home time with my family
Cons
Currently working more hrs with no compensation to show for it
accountable
Driver/Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is focused on their employees being accountable, and well trained. Extensive resources are used to ensure a safe, and well trained environment. Serving the customer is the highest priority.
Reliable work
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is a great place to work. Days can be long, but are typically long in this industry. The hardest part of the job is working in the cold. The guys I work with are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.