Averitt Employee Reviews

Great company to grow with for young driver
Supply Chain Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC/Atlanta,Ga.August 19, 2018
Great family oriented company that cares.Company is set up so the employee can succeed and retire. Great company for u and ur family. I love what I do
Pros
Set up for success
Cons
Wish PODS paid more on the miles
stable employment
Supply Chain Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 31, 2018
I would recommend this job to veterans. it is also a good place to start working for new drivers. the straining was very much needed. I am glad I had an opportunity to work for them.
fun and positive atomsphere
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2018
Averitt Express is a great company to work for my experience there was great. Form the cookouts and the service centers that provided you a safe place to fuel and rest up.
Pros
home every weekend
Cons
only a 34 hour reset
Very good
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
Was a very good place to work. With room to grow within the company. If I didn't have to relocate. I will still be working there because I was making that my career. They was try to get me transfer but I moved to far from the one in NC.
Averitt is a great company to work for overall
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 29, 2018
Averitt is a great and respectable place to work. HOME WEEKLY was a plus. excellent equipment. I had a great fleet manager who I got along well with. Averitt has great facilities for their drivers
Pros
great home time
Cons
There were a lot of times you would get stuff some place waiting to get home
Productive and great place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2018
I’m leaving Averitt because I have to relocate to Huntsville AL, they aren’t offering any jobs there currently so we have to part.....................
Pros
I had more home time with my family
Cons
Currently working more hrs with no compensation to show for it
accountable
Driver/Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is focused on their employees being accountable, and well trained. Extensive resources are used to ensure a safe, and well trained environment. Serving the customer is the highest priority.
Reliable work
City Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 5, 2018
Averitt is a great place to work. Days can be long, but are typically long in this industry. The hardest part of the job is working in the cold. The guys I work with are great.
When you transfer you don’t hold your spot but for a yr
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 5, 2018
I came to Averitt for one reason and that was I would be home every weekend. When I started here you had to do truck load for one year where you’re gone all week . My biggest gripe is they don’t keep up with industry standards for Pay . We are currently 8-10 cents a mile behind other carriers. LTL tops out at .58 cents . Turnover is a lot higher than they want you to know . Just think it’s time for a change . When you change divisions at Averitt and someone transfers after you if they have more seniority after a year they go ahead of you on the board . Therefore you never gain company seniority you just go down the board .
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Seniority is messed up
family feeling
CITY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2018
they allowed me to come in early to arrange an load my own route. route an plan as i saw fit for the day. allowed me to make calls to customers to set a schdule that worked better for the customer. this built better relations for me an the customer.
Pros
me planning my route
Cons
needing better equipment to work with
It’s alright
Spotter Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILJuly 3, 2018
Great company uniform allowance it’s a family oriented everybody nice to each other but no overtime straight hours living in Chicago is expensive the benefits is decent
large company growing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 2, 2018
averitt trucking is a very good and organized company to work, on the daily the driver get his assign load and other information from our dispatch, then the driver determined how long it will take and the fastest and safe way to deliver the load.
poor work place
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 30, 2018
no miles equals low pay. my last two weeks there I ran less then 900 miles a week. no one will care about you till you quit , then its what can we do to keep you .
always busy always moving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 28, 2018
Good company to grow with learned how to back a 53ft trailer into many tight areas. Learned how to drag a 53ft trailer in a downtown area and be comfortable in traffic in all situations.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no overtime difficult to take a day off no one to cover your shift
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 28, 2018
For a local driving job it is a great trucking company all equipment is in decent condition all automatic trucks they have a variety of runs to choose from
Pros
Good runs
Cons
Long days
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 25, 2018
very family oriented fast paced work less stress kind of laid back do as your told they wont bother you to bad. plenty of advancement in your career and job.
A very productive place to work
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38502June 20, 2018
Doing safety checks on your truck and going over your paper work and route of travel . I learn use my time wisley the management was great never stand over your back work culture was good for the most part you hardly ever see anyone . The hardest part about the job is driving in the mountains at night. The enjoyable part of the job is when your shift is over !
Pros
Cons
Night Driving
good place to work
Combo Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LAJune 16, 2018
get your bills and run your daily route. make deliveries and after that you start making pick ups. hardest part is finding locations and being able to get your truck into difficult places.
Pros
Cons
stress full work
small office and familiar faces
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
My job mostly consisted of shuffling paperwork. Lots of paperwork. The computer system was outdated and not the easiest to navigate, but fine once you got the hang of it. You typically saw the same faces everyday, and although it was a quick paced environment, there were periods of lull throughout the day and you could relax and mingle with co workers.
Pros
benefits, never boring
Cons
staying until all drivers reported
OTR , regional
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 13, 2018
Averitt was a good job to gain my OTR experience , your dispatched loads that are usually scheduled to delivery based on load manifest . its a good place to get your experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.