Averitt
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Averitt Employee Reviews

United States580 reviews
Fleet Manager/Used car salesmen
Pay is not strong enough for the position.
Fleet Manager was never available.

Night dispatch is a waste of money,don’t even call !

Three trucks in 6mos and all three were very filthy,600k miles plus

Fleet Manager will tell you lie upon lie for no reason at all.

Service Centers are good however the employees that are based at each one claim ownership.
May 12, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.
CLT needs overhaul
this place needs to re-evaluate their employees especially the management team. They are a little bit too power hungry and too concerned about their social gatherings rather than their actual work while others are pressured to work harder to make up for the lack of. That's why they have such a high turnover on employees especially drivers they give you all sorts of lies when you first start making them feel like they're family-oriented but when it comes down to it if you can't come to work regardless of what the situation is your pretty much Sol out of a job. And if they can't fire you then they sure will try to write you up as much as possible until they are legally able to do so
May 22, 2020
Good as it Gets
Management does everything possible to help you succeed. Safety is truly job one. Well run and organized top to bottom.Best equipment and facilities in the industry.
May 5, 2020
Thanks so much for the outstanding review! We appreciate the great feedback about your experience with Averitt. So glad you're part of the team!
Great employer
Loved working for this company, but they lost the contract for the customer we were pulling for. Doesn't pay the greatest, but they have good benefits and local management seems to care about your happiness.
April 30, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us as your feedback is valuable to us.
Great company to work for
I enjoyed working for this company. Great workplace culture. Driving for this company was a great experience. The management team cares about its drivers. I would have stayed with this company but I needed more home time.
April 30, 2020
Thank you for your kind words! We are glad you took the time to share your experiences with us and the community.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Work good management there not
When i work there it felt like who you know to get ahead atmosphere. The company is a good company its the dispatchers there that made it bad and some of them left causes there realized that for them selves . Like any job cover your self causes they sure wont
April 30, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Your comments enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out if there is anything we could do to improve your experience.
Averitt is a great company to work for. They believe in balance between work and family.
Working for Averitt I feel like I'm a part of a family. Every one is concerned about one another. Whether its servicing the customer or a fellow teammate. We use the slogan The Power of One but it's not just a slogan its a mindset.
Pros
Family oriented. Sharing the wealth through profit sharing.
Cons
Losing customers.
April 21, 2020
Thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so glad you’re part of the Averitt Express family!
They don’t care
They truly don’t care about their employees. Management doesn’t have your best interest in mind, they play favorites to much. Laziness is rewarded very unorganized company
Not as expected
Orientation and everything was great. They feed you and teach you the Averitt way. After that is where it goes downhill.

To start, the Louisville service center isnt good at all. Mechanics are terrible at getting a job done, the yard is extremely small making is difficult to find a place to park if you get back late on Friday, and its just old and run down.

Fleet manager was terrible from the get go. I complained about her a few times and finally called her management and they took her side. Theb last week she gets fire...wonder why. Money isnt great..take home about 700 a week if that and usually ran my hours dry. Only nice part is the service centers for parking.
April 21, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.
Great company to work for.
Given nice flexibility to get the job done, really good people to work with. People stay a long time with Averitt which shows you it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Flexible to get job done.
Cons
Lack of Consistent support in hiring leaders.
March 24, 2020
We are grateful you took the time to share your experiences with us! Thank you for your feedback.
Not for a family person
The job is good the money is good. But if you have a family it can be tough being gone five days a week cant just get home atvs moments notice can miss some stuff at home
March 18, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! We appreciate your input.
Security
There is little room for advancement. The people at this job are amazing. The job itself is something that I love to do. I only want what is best for my family.
March 13, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We are glad you took the time to share your feedback with us and the community.
Nice trucks
If you’re not looking for a lot of money it’s a great job for someone who lives with their parents are don’t need to make much money. Good pay but not many hours. Good luck with this job.😃
March 13, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Comments like these enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out if there is anything we could do to improve your experience.
good work enviroment
the hardest part of the job i encountered was that some of the other drivers began to take advantage of my speed and accuracy causing my workload to become heavier becuse the dock workers would want me to run their trailers instead of the assigned driver for that dock
April 1, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback!
Good Company
Good Company to work for with good management. Opportunity to try different jobs and schedules. Open door policy to discuss issues about deliveries and customer issues
Pros
good company
April 1, 2020
Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your Averitt experience with the community.
I loved Averitt
Averitt was very good to me. PODS account is the best. PODS mgnt out of Atlanta is the very best management team I ever worked for. I hope the company will hire me back. Waiting for a PODS account opening. Communication is key with this company. The company will try and accommodate your needs but drivers have to communicate.
Pros
Equipment and benefits
Cons
Pay and miles could be better for regional drivers
March 10, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! We will share your comments with the team.
Pays the bills
Money’s good, good and bad days. But no opportunities to move up in the company. Management is horrible and are completely lost most of the time. Favoritisms is a big problem here.
March 4, 2020
The very best company I have ever worked for!
The very best company I have ever worked for! Great Leadership, supporting staff in the business . I have learned to be a safer and more efficient driver
March 3, 2020
We appreciate your kind words so very much! We are so glad to have you as part of the Averitt family!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Great pay, good people to work with, uniforms,awesome benefits. Local drivers is monday thru friday weekends off, great customer service. And they give back to the community,
February 27, 2020
Thanks for the stellar review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback.
Great Pay and Benefits, Horrible Management and Work Environment
I loved my job at Averitt for the longest time and was very satisfied with my compensation. However after working there for a year my supervisor started to show a lot of disdain towards me and would find any excuse to pin a problem on me. The work environment is not the best but it is expected as the job is outside on a dock. There is also a lot of locker room talk between employees in the break room.
Pros
High Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Hours for part timers, Poor Leadership on night shift
February 26, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input! Reviews like yours are essential to building better experiences for our associates in the future, and we take comments like these to heart when looking for ways to improve our company and culture.
No Support internally
No regard for the drivers and are not friendly to employees. They quickly remind you that you are replaceable. No support and you work for Mercedes not Averitt in Vance. The atmosphere is terrible but the pay is decent. Enter at your own risk.
February 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or call our Associate Open Line at 1-800-233-9944.