Averitt
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Averitt Employee Reviews

Started as a driver on a dedicated account then became a city driver doing pick ups and deliveries then got a position as a shuttle driver driving terminal to terminal. Shuttle is strictly paid by the mile unless you have a dock bid. The only complaint I have with the shuttle position is you don’t get paid to an extra drop and hook. Plus there is no flexibility to take tome off. Other than that I had no complaints and would recommend this company
Pros
Pay home time career advancement
Cons
Non flexibility
November 5, 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We’re so glad you’re part of the Averitt team. We appreciate your feedback.
Room for advancement. Excellent management and marketing team. Flexible if you need days off. Family friendly environment. Management will help during busy times
January 4, 2021
Thanks so much for the awesome review! We're so grateful for the wonderful feedback.
A wonderful company the employees are amazing. A great place to work and relax and retire. The trucks are nice and the uniforms are nice. It’s a safe place to work for and the building are nice also it’s worth the wait and time to work for Averrit. Come on and gone the fun. Of on weekends man what a beautiful thing to know. So come on and gone the team
December 7, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your Averitt experience! We truly appreciate the wonderful feedback.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Averitt is pretty flexible and consideratePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Averitt are Very productive and professional but city pay could be bumped up a little more if I'm barely getting 40hrs a week other than that I loved the job very much i miss working for averitt. Great benefits 👏Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Averitt, I think there is a very promising futureOverallMy experience working at Averitt was a great experience i miss it overall I only left because my family grew I needed more space and more money
November 18, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working for Averitt! We very much appreciate your comments and hope you'll consider returning in the future.
Great place to work if you’re on the right account. There’s plenty of miles to be had on certain accounts. Manager was a very fair person. Very nice people to work for.
November 2, 2020
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate the great feedback!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The employees in Cookeville, TN seemed to be very caring. I really liked the founder and his communication to new drivers. However, once you are on your own, you will notice the difference in treatment. This job expects you to work too much for free. The driver should be paid for ALL duties/hours performed while in/out of the truck(Pre-trip, Post Trip, break downs, random drug screens). You should never have a minimum time window in order to be paid (Waiting for a shipper load/unload/breakdown). Secondly, the pay rate does not even reflect the job. Also the OTR truck should have these items as a standard available amenities(TV, refrigerator, XM radio). This is a dangerous job and drivers put their lives, family time on the line and drive through extreme weather conditions to perform this job, yet you are paid with 1980-1990 cost of living wages that does not take inflation into account. The employees in the office should be required to go out and experience the difference of what a driver deals with on a daily basis. Lastly is the untrue promises regarding weekly pay. I was told you would average 1K/week. Only 1 time did I ever make a little over 1K in a week. This is not only a problem for Averitt, but for the trucking industry as a whole.
Pros
Nice CEO and employees in Cookeville. Equipment maintained well.
Cons
Poor compensation and Erratic weekly Pay. Rate of inflation is not applied.
December 7, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your time on our team. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if you'd be open to discussing your situation further.
Being on call all the time, I never had a set schedule for over a year. Equipment like 2 wheel follows and pallet jacks are all old and messed up. They do have great tractors and some good trailers. Seniority rules, if you ask for a day off, someone with seniority can bump you off if they request the same day. The benefits are really great, they do help out a lot. Don’t let dispatch rush you, I always felt in a rush. That’s how mistakes are made.
October 7, 2020
Thank you for your input! We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.
worked supply chain, dealing lazy store managers and big pallets of dog food and kitty litter that fall over that you got to restack. Dispatcher ( leadership) who has never driven a truck before telling you whats safe.
October 5, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your input!
Work-life balanceIn the world of over the road truck driving this is the most awesome company. Biggest thing you get home every weekend for sure.Pay & benefitsGreat profit sharing opportunities.OverallJust an awesome company to work for it's hard to explain. They seem to care about you and your family. But obviously they're looking out for Averitt as well.
October 2, 2020
Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Averitt experience. We're thrilled to have you on our team, and we truly appreciate your kind words.
Management is terrible. The higher uppers don’t care for the ones actually doing the work. Supervisors get away with not following rules but hold others under them to the bar. The actual work is easy and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Long breaks over night waiting for trucks.
September 28, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.
It starts off like any other company but you will get sick and tired on how they run the newer drivers. If your driving a small trailer with a lift gate. Be ready to do deliveries inside all type businesses. You will have to break down skids of freight at so many places. Most don’t have ramps to gain entry so you will use a hand truck a lot. The places that get heavy skids of water will break your body down. So be ready to work hard the first 5 year of being there.
Pros
You have a job that get paid weekly!
Cons
You will get sick on how they use you to get work done that old school guys will not do!
September 28, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a less than favorable experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.
management don't care about their employees only thing they care about is the freight and making money there's no work balance they try to stretch you out and overwork you
September 28, 2020
We're sorry to hear that's how you feel, as that's not the impression we want to leave on our associates. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or 1-800-233-9944.
It’s a good place to work if you are in a good department. Retirement plan is so terrible that no one retires. The old get older and do not ever leave and there is no room for advancement if you are good at your job. Traditional environment with traditional ideas.
Pros
You can purchase a gym membership for the onsite facility
Cons
Too traditional in ideas
September 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to be the best we can be for our associates, so we regret that we haven't met that expectation. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or 1-800-233-9944.
Best company to work for! Supportive, caring and good people. I would return in a heartbeat. I had the best mentors and managers anyone could ask for.
September 28, 2020
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
OVERALL I thought it was a good place to work.There is several departments and shifts to work within your experience and provide room for advancement.
September 3, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us! We appreciate your input.
It was a very well-paid job but I was always far away from my family and the work balance got in the way of family and it was it and I got very emotional due to the fact of not being able to see my family but pay was all OK but life and work wasn’t balanced.
September 3, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Reviews like yours are essential to building better experiences for our associates in the future, and we take comments like these to heart when looking for ways to improve our company and culture.
Do not listen to reason and understanding about things that happen in life that are beyond your control. I do not wish to talk bad about Averitt. They are a decent company to work for
Pros
Home on weekend
Cons
Nin compastionate
September 3, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We appreciate it!
They care about you and your family. Very flexible in getting you home for emergencies. I loved this company. I’ve had 4 truck driving jobs and this is the best thus far. If I could go back , I would in a heartbeat.
Pros
Bonuses
August 14, 2020
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
I really, really like working for Averitt, and have nothing bad to say, overall. There are downsides: there's not a ton of work/life balance, and when the economy sneezes transportation catches a cold... but that aside, it's a good company.
July 28, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review! We appreciate your feedback!
People are pretty nice. Hope you are not a sickly person because there is no sick time, plus you get points. Five days' vacation for your first two years. Not a whole lot of upward mobility unless you are a driver.
July 9, 2020
What a great company Averitt is! They care about their employees! It is an honor to work for Averitt. I do the best I can for the company, and its a pleasure to work with my company-workers!! And my bosses!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Working for the customer I represent Averitt at.
June 22, 2020
It's an honor to have you work with us and have you as part of the Averitt family! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us.
  1. Employee Reviews