Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Good company for work life balance
CUSTOMER FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 20, 2019
Fair pay, good benefits, good work life balance
Minimal growth opportunities with relocation
Downsizing frequent in downturns
Alot of work experience relates to manager
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Great company to work for
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 19, 2019
I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life
Very good management with oportunities to grow
SENIOR GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I had a variety of assignments over 6+ years. They are willing to give you developmental assignments out of your specific area of expertise. They had a very good employee assessment and performance management program.
Calm environment
Raw Material Planner/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 14, 2019
A very calm, peaceful place to work. It's viewed as fast paced, but the work is not life threatening. You're encouraged to grow, but the tools to do so aren't there and the swim lanes are clearly defined. It takes a lot of hands to get things done.
Pros
Peaceful
Cons
Little excitement
challenging work, great people
Division Leader for TPR (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 11, 2019
favorite job so far. felt valued and appreciated. had a very autonomous role that allowed me to set travel and goals. really appreciated the change to personnel reviews - slim and trim, but more frequent conversations. goals were aggressive and there were many obstacles to overcome, but the teams always seemed to come together during crunch time. I gained much more confidence once I was able to work as an inside consultant and more frequently had audience with plant managers and director.
Pros
challenging work, opportunity for advancement, great people, great company culture
Cons
budget, travel and hiring would inevitably be cut or frozen in the 3rd and 4th quarter every year.
A solid company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 6, 2019
While my tenure was brief, Avery is a good company to work for depending on the role and division. Being such a large company you have all the typical pros and cons you would expect .
Pros
Moderate pay, Full Benefits
Cons
Inflexible work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 5, 2019
I liked working at Avery Dennison. Too bad the company went out of business. A lot of people lost jobs because the company moved to Mexico. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The company went out of business
Tough to move up
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 29, 2019
Difficult to move up, AD brings people from usually supply chain into higher rolls in many other departments, so it is hard to move up even if you have a lot of experience - especially if it is not Avery Dennison experience.
Pros
Work from home one day a week if job allows it
Cons
Not family friendly, long hours to keep up w increasing workload as layoffs make more work for everyone else
Productive Place to Work
Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 23, 2019
I worked for Avery for a few years before the company was sold and I enjoyed the learning environment. The company has a strong culture of continuous improvement and worked hard to create teams across diverse areas of the business.

Avery is a great place to work if you are looking to gain knowledge and experience in various areas of the business and supply chain.
Pros
Diverse Culture and Continuous Improvement
Cons
Little Advancement Opportunities
good team members
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoy most of my co-workers working as a team but unfortunately the the benefits are horrible for health insurance. The summers are extremely hot.
Pros
awesome coworkers and 401k
benefits
Great People and culture, senior leadership cannot commit to a singular strategy.
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TBDJanuary 8, 2019
Avery Dennison has been a great place to work overall. It has presented multiple opportunities for advancement. Senior management focus changes day to day. The long term objective is often sacrificed to meet a monthly or quarterly target
An monotonous job with little inspiration
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 8, 2019
It is mostly a fast paced factory environment . After awhile you become a robot . It's a mind-numbing job that stifles your creativity .
The management will throw a meager bone once in a while to keep you interested but they don't care at all about the operators .
I worked there for over 15 years and not once got anything for Christmas .
You are treated like cattle . Most long time employees have been
let-go for " Temps " to save on benefits .
Pros
Paid lunch breaks and lots of overtime .
Cons
Repetitive, low pay, no job satisfaction .
Great place to work if you can handle 2nd or 3rd shift
Finishing operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2019
It takes forever to get to 1st shift here. The pay, benefits and vacation time are phenomenal. As soon as you start you get 2 weeks vacation, 5 days paid sick time and 3 elective holidays. After 2 years you get another week of vacation.
Pros
Paid sick days, great insurance, paid lunch, overtime is voluntary
Cons
It will take years to get to 1st shift because it it seniority based.
Good place to work with good compensation
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 1, 2019
At the time I was employed I found it to be a good company to work for. Benefits, compensation and Perks were very good. Very nice co workers and management for most of the time.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
Jobs & locations were very different
cross trainning & micro-managment
Slitter Operator/finisher (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHDecember 22, 2018
Most Companies do the above due to pressure from China and US competitor's...all use temporary work force then tell there permanent employees they will be training their replacements Both the temp and perms compete and company's benefit...
Pros
Company did have projection meetings on future goals
Cons
to competative
avery is a very good co. to work for
QUALITY CONTROL AND MATERIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2018
soabar systems division is the company i worked for. they were bought by avery prior to 1972. great company to work for gained much of my knowledge working there and rising thru the ranks.
difficult working conditions
Global Product Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 7, 2018
Worked in an open are with cubicle that did not come above the computer screen which created far too many distractions. everyone not held accountable to the same set of rules.
Pros
Cons
your just a number
Reasonable place to work
RFID Process Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 28, 2018
Development was a good area to work. Company is big on Six Sigma. Company direction in some areas lacked. Leadership issues in some areas. Flexible work environment.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Leadership
Great place to work, minus stability
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 26, 2018
A lot of people have worked there their whole lives and don't understand how the job market is. Most don't even know how good they have it. If you are full time, you have it made. I love the people...I miss the people. Management does exactly what they are told. Very fast paced and customer oriented.
Pros
Probably best pay for the industry/area
Cons
Seniority will ultimately be the downfall
Team work was important and using time wisely
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 23, 2018
Avery Dennison was a fast paced job. Team work was important for this job , but management made sure that everyone understood their roll as an employee. I learned how to do my job quickly, and to be productive with my time.
Benefits
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Dennison. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight