Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Great
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 10, 2018
A fast place to work at...never enough machine to work at....Manger we’re not good...Poorly Supervisor.....Not well put together....Need a lot of adjustments
Best Place EVER
Forklift Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 3, 2018
I was able to work at my own place. The employer trusted me to do my job and allowed me to do my job without interference. Went from $5 to $13/hr during the time I worked there.
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 3, 2018
Enjoyed my days at work. Never had a complaint. OT as needed, but was not excessive. Facility was always well staffed for the work that needed to be done. Sad they chose to close our location
Pros
Pay, benefits, management
Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 26, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. One draw back is upper management changes over quickly so most of the focus is on short term goals and long term investments often take a backseat.
Pros
Flexible hours for salary positions
Cons
Management turn over rate
Really good job with a lot to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJune 5, 2018
Avery Dennison was a great company to work for, the engineering department was small which did not give you any place to be promoted to unless you wanted to move. The company focused heavily on safety and efficiency.
Constant Change
Senior FP&A Manager (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMay 18, 2018
Avery (in my particular division) is in a state of constant change, which can be exciting and allow for lots of creativity in new environments. Overtime, this starts to just feel like churn with no progress. Great short term gains, but no real value in the long run.
Pros
Lots of flexibilty
Cons
Stressful enviornment
Maitenance mechanic
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 10, 2018
repair all manufacturing equipment. various injection molding equipment and all associated equipment that pertains to production.
repair and install various molds.
was a a very good place to work I was there
Manufacturing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMay 7, 2018
Looking for something different I'm getting older need something other than factory work. I enjoyed working for Avery just looking for a different line of employment.
Workplace
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 21, 2018
Avery Dennison is a good place to work with caring emplyees that go the extra effort to complete their job task on time and with 100 percent accuracy.
Strong workforce
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYApril 20, 2018
Good people to work with but corporate business plan led to the closure of the facility. It's unfortunate that money spent to prepare and take the facility through closure wasn't spent in the preceding years to enhance productivity and operating conditions.
great place
Assistant Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 17, 2018
This occupation was sweet dealing with the nature of the employees growth the pros and cons of the establishment was all was fair awesome firm that is dedicated to their products the integrity of the resources to be the best., Forbearing all hardships as a team...
And upon the variety of jobs that are posted after company roster promotion all position were fair game via may the best man win,The establishment is all ways clean and the production machines well maintained... all love working at avery etc....................................................
Pros
1 hour lunch and periodic breaks
Cons
good benifits medical 401k plan a baseball field full of a solid future
Tough Job
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 13, 2018
Quite a bit of politics involved with this position. Constantly moving jobs offshore to save $$ with little regard for people or performance. Good Luck.
Good
FINISHING TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 9, 2018
Great Experience working with Avery Dennison in Greenfield, IN. I loved the management and the team was great to work with. I was called to active duty and chose to resign so they could open up another management position. Loved the company.
What I learned
International Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCApril 9, 2018
At Avery Dennison I was given many opportunities to learn and grow, which only improved me and improved what I could do for the company. I was very highly trained in the international shipping area, and did all the documentation for the international shipments.
Pros
Vacation and sick time
Great place
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 2, 2018
Loved my jib and the people I worked with. Very sad day when they were getting ready to close the doors. Still keep in contact with several of my former co-workers.
great company
lab tech until retirement in 2016 (Former Employee) –  independence dr. ft. wayne in.March 28, 2018
great company. the company and people there were very professional. management was always concerned about you as a person as well as an employee. they treated everyone the same. it was always a two way street when you had questions about anything. it was very employee friendly.they celebrated achievements with the entire plant, cookouts or pizza.
Pros
they would cater food or have pizza for celebrations
Cons
the only con was insurance but that it is everywhere i believe.
Great if the jobs were kept in the USA
Software Build - Software Test (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 22, 2018
It was a great place to work. Unfortunately jobs were sent overseas. Our US team was excellent and hard working. There was a "family" atmosphere. great co-workers.
Pros
Pay, Team members
Cons
Jobs sent overseas
great place to work to learn about paper products
Colormax Operator / Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMarch 19, 2018
worked here for 25 years and when I left I didn't even get a good bye from my manager

stressful work to meet the expectations of customers

challenging and strategic machinery to run in order to produce the best quality for the customers
Pros
steady work flow
Cons
stressful work
Fun work place, good internship oppotunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 18, 2018
Would normally come in and be given a job or task to d o by my manager. normally going into databases and making sure that numbers and values were correct. put together sample packages for customers.
N/a
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 17, 2018
Fast working place have to keep up with pace. Drivers have a design area to park either their fortlift , standup truck, or pallet jacket at doing breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Dennison. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight