Avesis, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Too much Favortisim
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2019
Within the last 5 years i been there i seen poeple come and go, since this is the right to work State they show favortisim to those that brown nose. Even if you work hard and try your best it's all on Favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Favortisim
Great job
SENIOR PROVIDER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 28, 2019
Avesis is such a fun environment to work in. You have great travel and they paid Government rate. You get company credit card to travel so no need to use your own card to book rooms and airline tickets
Pros
Great pay
Terrible work environment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 7, 2019
Avesis is a horrible company to work for. Management is awful and verges on border-line abuse. Management creates an environment of division, distrust, and gossip within teams. There is no recognition except recognition of mistakes or errors. The turnover rate is very high and most people last less than a year in their positions. Complaints to HR are ignored and verbal abuse is permitted by managers, executives, and directors.
Pros
Occasional work from home opportunities
Cons
Low, unequal pay, horrible culture, terrible management
Complete Mess - You will regret working here
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 27, 2019
Avesis is the most toxic, dishonest, and unprofessional place that I have ever worked. The management is atrocious on all levels. There is no respect given to anyone that is not in some form of management. The turnover rate is very high, with most people looking for other jobs within six months of them being hired. The PTO is pathetic and even when you finally accrue enough time to take a vacation, you have to fight tooth and nail to be approved for it.

The best part of this job was the day that I left.
Pros
Occasional snacks..that’s seriously the only positive that I can think of.
Cons
Poor, dishonest management. Toxic, abusive environment. lack of training
Under New Management
DENTAL PROVIDER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 27, 2019
Lately there has been several changes in management. New CEO, New Directors, New Managers. With all these changes, communication and knowledge of the company is starting to suffer.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Micro-management
Claims Processor
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2019
I process vision and hearing claims 8 hours a day. This job is over my head and so much to learn and know. I feel I am getting underpaid for this hard position. I realized this job is not for me anymore and looking for a different job. Management is ok, but Supv is not very informative.
Pros
Sit all day at job, good atmosphere, people are nice here
Cons
I don't feel I really belong there, job can be over my head
No career advancement
CSRII (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2018
no opportunity to grow with in the company , lack of management if you where not self significant you where replaceable they did not value work ethic more of a who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Cons
high call volume, No supervisor help, always short staff
Great trainers; Intense training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2018
Complete and thorough training; Mandatory full attendance; very modern office environment; warm and friendly staff members; located in central Phoenix.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Haven't noticed
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2018
Took calls for a high volume call center regarding questions on benefits, complaints, and claims inquiries.
Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate documentation of all customer interactions
Demonstrating responsiveness and a sense of urgency when dealing with customers and providers.
Learned and maintained a thorough working knowledge of all product information and internal procedures as well as maintaining production and phone quality standards while supporting individual/team goals and initiatives daily
Pros
meet alot of great people
It used to be us fun and productive place to work but every since Guardian took over it's been corporate not a very good place to work
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix,azSeptember 29, 2018
Claims department production production production always on you micromanagement wants to control every aspect of what you do can't just do anything on your own treat you like a three-year-old child stupid emails constantly like we don't know what we supposed to do team leads that think they know something but don't know nothing try to act like they're better than us but they're not. A lot of change since Guardian has took over the CEO of avesis has left they got rid of the director that's been there over 20 something years one of the starting people has left is just crazy over there. the pay is good for new people but if you've been there over 5 years the pay is awful they don't adjust your pay to be with the new people new people get paid better. Claims departments like High School
Pros
Benefits decent pay is decent
Cons
Supervisor team leads micro micro micro management
Medium paced inbound/outbound call center dealing with dental, vision and hearing insurance. Fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Medium paced call center that helps with dental, vision and hearing insurance. Take about 70 calls per day from members and providers having inquiries on accounts and claims.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Systems always crashing
Productive and fun working envorinment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
When you work for a company that believes in you it makes you strive more to be the best. When you can start at company and they don't look at just your numbers. The compainies mentioned above took ttime out to make me feel like i was part of family.
Pros
This company, CVS and Trinet were one of the nest companies I worked for.
Cons
I unfortunately made a decision to leave becuase of my custody battle.
Fun paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
No room for advancement. Very clicky. Very discriminating . I would not recommend this company to anyone I know. East coast hours. Bad supervisors and management.
Work for someone else if you can
Lemming (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2018
Insurance company and does not pay its employees what you should be making. While I love everyone I work with, the management of this place after being at Avesis for a few years has the culture of promoting the entitled, not the hard working. It is poorly ran and forget having a life during the work week. In my opinion, as I am not looking for something else, move on to other companies.
Pros
Cons
management, compensation, culture
A company where i was never micro managed
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
This company has turned into personal leadership at the Phoenix office. Your skills and abilities do not matter to be promoted within. It's unfortunate that one has to be in a specific group of people to be promoted.
Ouch
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
management is horrible. QA lead retaliates. Don’t work here. What does it say about a company when management quits after 3 months. The company doesn’t care about employees.
It was an okay place to work
Prior Authorization Processor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 28, 2018
The only reason I'm no longer there is because they laid the department off. It was okay though. The hours were flexible. An hour lunch. Management was very caring.
ok to work
Claim's Processer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2018
It is a ok company to work for if you like the quite and all the chatter that goes around about people not liking one another. It is very unprofessional and they do nothing about it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
to scolding
Horrible Sales Recruiter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Snobby, non caring, out to make a sale recruiter for hiring new employees. Already can tell from that the company sucks. I'd rather not associate with no good companies. Steer clear from them. Unless it's a must. Even then make it temporary.
Cons
Hiring Manager/Recruiter
great company as long as you were not in an executive position
HR Generalist- Insurance Company (contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2018
Great company for everyone I hired not in an executive position. When I started one of the owners left and the other two remaining argued over everything we needed answers on. It took 2 weeks for them both to agree for job fair Just a lot of miscommunication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avesis, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7