Avesis, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Horrible Sales Recruiter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Snobby, non caring, out to make a sale recruiter for hiring new employees. Already can tell from that the company sucks. I'd rather not associate with no good companies. Steer clear from them. Unless it's a must. Even then make it temporary.
Cons
Hiring Manager/Recruiter
great company as long as you were not in an executive position
HR Generalist- Insurance Company (contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2018
Great company for everyone I hired not in an executive position. When I started one of the owners left and the other two remaining argued over everything we needed answers on. It took 2 weeks for them both to agree for job fair Just a lot of miscommunication.
Awful.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
Mandatory OT with no end in sight, yet they won't hire new employees as needed. Catty coworkers that form cliques and blatantly disrespect other employees. Managers that give vague performance reviews and won't assist you with how to improve to meet their own personal criteria rather than what is on paper. Temps would frequently come in, go to lunch, and never come back - probably a reflection of both the type of people they hired along with the vibe the place gave off to new people. Just run like heck and do not work here, I am SO glad I left.
Cons
very poor management and job security
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 21, 2018
While company pays well that is about it. After a merger/ take over that was really lied about, many people lost their jobs with no notice for cost savings measures. Management is poor throughout the entire company. Directors and above have very little health care knowledge and go so far to talk about team members in open forum. Just not a healthy place to work. If you want job security and care about your reputation, STAY AWAY.
benefits
Cons
Management and everything else
Warning
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 15, 2018
This company has poor management over almost all departments. Project and healthcare implementation is poorly managed. Claims payments, the customer service department and data management are horrid which effects the ability of the Provider Relations department from doing there jobs. Directors and VPs generally don't have much experience in the insurance industry. Huge turnover and layoffs in the past year. This is a company to stay away from right now.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
n/a
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
working for avesis shouldnt be stressful it is very easy work however the management team is not on the same page and nothing is uniform when it comes to internal information
Decent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 20, 2018
It was okay. Laid back. Great employees. Not much, if any real career advancement. You might get a fancy title promotion with no salary increase- that is if you get the job because you know someone first. Unqualified managers. Rude CFO. Needs better employee pay. Miserable environment.
Pros
Location & co workers
Cons
Miserable environment
Senior Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 18, 2018
My department is a pro active department. Files continue to come in and if we don't stay on top of them we could easily fall behind. By taking on the Medicaid side of things I am learning more about Medicaid and medicare.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDDecember 12, 2017
The hardest part of working with Avesis was probably how little management truly cares about its employees. It only seems to care about its personal gain and not what is respective for its workers
very stressful
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  phoenixNovember 28, 2017
Management expected you to do their job for them without training you. There was a lot of favoritism and loud mouths working there that didn't respect the other workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no training, dont appreciate the work that you have done
Daily Work Day
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 21, 2017
A daily work load at Avesis, can range from having to look over an run verification for one hundred plus providers. While this is a very overwhelming task management expects for this inventory to be completed on a daily bases. The management isn't well verse in the process of credentialing as stated by them. The weekly procedures change on a daily bases. In addition to this there isn't enough staff on board to complete the expected number of files weekly and in turn cause productivity and numbers to drop.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
poor management of department
Decent
Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2017
The total culture at Avesis is alright. It's a fairly relaxed office environment and it does a good job of training new staff that come on. The calls can get fairly busy but overall it's a decent place to work.
It was okay
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work. There seemed to be a bit of favoritism going on in certain departments. As well as people using their authority to go after someone they did not like for personal reasons. Other then that it was a cool place to work, most of the other employees were nice enough.
Processing claims
Dental Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2017
Fast paced work, processing claims and meet or exceed quality and quantity as required, keep up with ever changing plan benefits per contracted guidelines to process claims correctly.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2017
Avesis is run by young people that didn't know what they are doing when they started and still don't know much. Management plays favorites and allows them to sluff off.
Pros
Christmas Party
Cons
Fire employees without warning
I love the people I work with. I have issues with upper management coming across as the are better than everyone.
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Great people that need to be treated like a there are someone instead of a sweat shop worker. I have been in my position for three years. I have trained employee that have moved on but, when I apply I'm not qualified. This somewhere that need a lot of help.
The best place I've ever worked.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 7, 2017
I work in the marketing department, and I enjoy my work, my coworkers, my managers, and my job.

My coworkers are diverse--of every age, ethnicity, color, background. All are professional, and most are fun to work with. In fact, when there are opportunities for socializing (happy hours, parties, ballgames, picnics, etc.), I usually take them, which isn't something I've ever been able to say.

The company values family and a work/life balance, and that's not just talk. There are lots of extra perks, too, like ice cream on the company just because and a casual summer dress code.

The hardest part of my job is not knowing everything but thinking I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting compliments on my work.

If you are competent, there is minimal micro-managing, but I think we all get overwhelmed sometimes and forget what people are doing and what we need to get done. But most people are trusting and trustworthy.

I've learned a lot about the insurance industry, and I'm trying to change its reputation among our members.

I recommend Avesis as a great place to work.
Pros
trust, diversity, flexibility, telecommute opportunities
Cons
health benefits could be better!
Good For work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
able to learn how to read, summit claims. the hardest part is the respond time for claims to be fix, able to have a personal relationship with client's and providers
Pros
Educational opp. in dental, vision, hearing
Cons
Healthcare
Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
This review is only my opinion and not to discourage any one reading it from applying but I wished I had of read the reviews before excepting a position at AVESIS. You can't go by what you hear or read but in this case it would have been benefical to me. In training they lead you to believe additional help would always be available to you but once your on the floor it's a different story. Alot of micromanaging and some of the leads can't provide you with answers so your left asking a coworker or guessing. If you don't fit in with certain individuals they are very quick to find something wrong with your performance which maybe was effected by the system going down which is often. Management needs to be better, had a problem and took it to HR and it took days before HR acknowledged it. Even after doing so it was a waste of time, felt like a script was read to me. A lot of the higher up are very unfriendly and alot of the providers are very rude. No job is perfect but you would think a good company would try and handle the things that get complained about the most. Then again maybe the high turn overs means nothing because there still in business.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
So many communication, unfair, etc.
Do not work for Avesis right now if you are seeking security
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 26, 2017
Avesis was just acquired by Guardian Life and people are being fired almost every day with no warning. I would not have taken the position last year had I known the Guardian deal was an acquisition and not a merger, as I was told.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avesis, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7