Avesis, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Good place to work and they cared about you and your family
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 23, 2017
Log on computer complete tasks before needed or on time.
Mainframe and Desktop support.
Management was very supportive
Family first
Leaving my friends
Working with a lot of good people that were very professional and caring.
Pros
Very family orented
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Nice days at work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2017
This is a good company to work for. There are always things that people can find wrong in a job. But overall experience is been good at this job for me.
fun
Provider Relations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
good place to work management is awesome they help you grow my family has been working there for ages and they love it as well i would recommend this job to any one
Horrible place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
This job was ok in the beginning but the longer you stay, the quicker you see everyone for who they really are. They micromanage you, judge you and throw you under the bus, and lets not to forget to mention fire you for no apparent reason.
Not a place I would go back to.
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2017
The management here is not the best but the operations were smooth. My Co-Workers were great but again the management put a damper on that as well. If you are a type of person that keeps to yourself and doesn't talk to others, this is the place for you.
Pros
People
data entry/medical claims
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2017
The dept I work in to me I found unfriendly, the people stuck together and most didn't make you feel very welcome, could be cause I was only a temp, the environment was negative.
Pros
you got two 15 minutes and 1/2 hour for lunch
Cons
was temp only
Avesis
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
A typical day would be coming in and logging into your computer and getting ready to take phone calls. I learned a lot about benefits dealing with medical, vision, and hearing. Management there was good. The workplace culture was nice there. The job wasn't that hard for me so I cant answer that. The whole job was enjoyable..
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Takes along time to go permenant
Challenging place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 8, 2017
I currently work at Avesis and it is a challenging place to work where you are constantly interacting with different people and clients. I would refer someone to work here who enjoys working in the Healthcare Insurance Industry.
Not a good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2017
Not a great work environment. To many upper management dating Csr's. Totally unprofessional! Team leads don't know anything. They learn as we learn. I'm just trying to understand how they Tl's an don't know half of what new Csr's no smdh. I think that in order for the CEO to make this business boom he has to sit back an observed an let go! If he wants this company to grow. He gotta do a lot of house keeping. An starting treating employees with integrity an respect. The management they have now in this Phoenix office gossips all day an act like young wild teenagers. Not a good business to invest to much time in. You can't talk to Hr Becaus your business would be floor wide! An nothing would be done. I normally don't give bad reviews but when it's appropriate I will an right is right. People need to know there options when looking for jobs!
Pros
Some free lunches/breakfast, great Ot
Cons
Short lunches, penalize for everything, not enough training.
Do not take this job at avesis if you have experience in the Medicaid.
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZNovember 19, 2016
Avesis is a company that is very unorganized. Directors and Managers that are in positions now have been there for many years, and don't really know how to keep policy and procedures in place. Policys are constantly being changed by individual employees in which upper management have no control of who is doing what. If you have experience or knowledge in the Medicaid field they feel intimidated by an individual. This place is run by clicks and if you don't fit in you are treated unfairly.
Pros
Enjoyed external employees of medicaid plans ect
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Pretty Cool company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Pretty Cool company to work for Staff is Pleasant. A Typical day is good no micromanaging. Communication between departments needs improvement and you got to practically get 0 errors. Everyone makes mistakes but overall pretty good company to work with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks Cant really take time off without penalty, Too much competitive behavior.
inbound call center
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
inbound call center assisting health care providers and health care members . The hardest part of the job was not having having enough support on the floor. The company had high turn over rates . Good work is not recognized or acknowledged.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
could not use bathroom without being timed
Idiot Management Staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 14, 2016
I agree with the other review saying don't take your job too serious or you will be chastised! That is 10000% true!! Very few people there are hard workers and if you're a hard worker, management will get intimidated and you will never advance. It doesn't matter how hard you work, they will always be concerned with the semantics and petty things. The directors shouldn't be directors and managers shouldn't be managers because of their lack of knowledge and management skills. Every day they're coming up with a new process that doesn't make sense. They don't value good employees however the ones who cause problems and curse out managers are accepted with open arms.
Pros
Very Flexible schedule
Cons
Working with majority of idiots, no organization, lack of communication
New company grownig pains.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2016
Systems does not work. There are too man work arounds which kill productivity. The turnover is too high.t staff is still learning and growing.
Very Educational
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AVESIS (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 5, 2015
Working here I learned the ins and out of insurance, I now understand deductibles, in/out of network providers, claims, coverage. Although this job was a temporary job I did enjoy it and I have no complaints about the job. What bothered me was the morning and evening traffic before and after work to get to ad from work that was always the roughest part of my day.
Pros
I learned a lot of things that I could use in my life as far as insurance
Cons
Traffic; Distance
No Room For Advancement
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 28, 2015
The managers have no skill in actually managing people. Too many chiefs, too little Indians.They are so behind in process and procedures because it starts at the top. If management doesn't care why would the employees.
Utilization Mangement Coordinator
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 14, 2015
Each day can be very different from the day before. I have the wonderful responsibility to maintain the UM Faxes that come in each day and ensure the they are distributed to the appropriate person. I assist the coordination of HEDIS initiatives with the Health Plans the we services. I provide Provider education and take provider calls regarding claims, eligibility, authorizations credentialing and try to resolve them in a timely and professional manner. I help implement proper coding and billing guidelines for the eye medical plans. This is just a few of my daily activities, among other administrative duties.
changes to many kiss up for providers and some members
Claims Analysis Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
I have been here for a number of years no real advancement pick choose for advancement. no real oppurtiunty even though . they say it is/ lots mis communication you think u know your job u really don't/its funny how some depts. get higher raises than other. how the new people come in making two dollars more than the old people. what about the people that's been there 5 years or more.one department can do something and the other cant. that could me that our manager don't fight for us.
Pros
nice hours, luch and break fast here there . most employees are nice.
Cons
to many to list
aweful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 7, 2015
small company, they don't know what they are doing. It's a zoo, the management is very discrimitive and have no respect for people. They are very disrespectful.
Organization and Behind the times
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 8, 2015
This company is a good company to work for if you only plan on getting your feet wet and moving on to another company. Avesis is very unorganized at times and out dated. They are behind the majority of growing companies. It's very hard to advance to another level within the company. There is no room for growth. The only growth would be to advance to another company. It sounds good when you are first hired but once you are apart of the company, you start to see exactly how it is.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Doesn't value their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avesis, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7