Avflight Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A new challenge everyday
Line Tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 7, 2018
Definitely a busy place to work but the experiences are awesome. There is alot to learn but the team leaders/supervisors help push you to be great at the job. It's definitely work at times but when yuou clock out you know you earned every penny.
Fun Place to Work
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 5, 2018
fast paced during the day, not so much overnight, co-workers were great and build great chemistry to work as a team together to accomplish companies goals. Private and commercial sector now. Growing Business.
Pros
coworkers, fast paced
Cons
none really
Don't work here unless you are ready to be a pack mule
Lineman/csr (Former Employee) –  Monroe LouisianaNovember 9, 2017
Avflight overall is only worried about the money they make. If you are causing them money by having to stay over to help an employee then you better be ready to get punished. I've put my heart and soul into this company thinking it would get better but hey I was totally wrong. To be working on multimillion dollar planes you get paid about the same for someone who cuts grass for a. Living. I wouldn't recommend this job to my hamster. They will do whatever it takes to save money to make the company grow bigger. Very relaxed job some days but most days you will work your soul out and to never be acknowledged. They say they will give you a raise after 90 days is a lie.
Pros
Cool aircraft and friendly coworkers
Cons
Horrible pay and drama house
Poor Management, Long Hours, Poor pay
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 19, 2017
I didn't work directly at the FBO. I was a contract employee for American Eagle Airlines. Working for American Eagle Airlines was great. It was fun, sometimes fast-paced, sometimes very slow-paced. Constantly learning and meeting people from all over the world. The American Eagle Airlines side was amazing, and going to training in DFW was always fun, being able to meet new people. But being a part of the Avflight part was horrible. Management was horrible. They pretend to care about their employees but in reality they don't, it's all about profit and 0% about people. They were very unfair with employees. Employees that had been there for over 2 years with experience were making less than a new hire with no experience. No raises. Management played favoritism. Employees complained of one of the managers changing their time sheets so they wouldn't have overtime. Couldn't go to upper management at all. If upper management got word of you questioning anything the company did at all, you were fired. You work extremely long hours, split shifts and the starting pay is not worth all the work you put in. The company has an extremely high turnover rate due to the fact that they don't care about their employees and will fire anyone at anytime as well as the fact that the pay is so low for all the work you're putting in. Overall, Avflight is very poorly run, extremely high turnover rate, biased management, no life (because you work split shifts).
Pros
Working for the airline in Roswell getting to meet new people
Cons
Extremely poor management, low pay, split shifts, no job security
Poor Place to Work
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 4, 2017
Avflight lacks management which is a major deal. You will never get a raise as management never does the evaluations that they promise you. No matter how hard you work here no one will care and the pay is very low for handling multi million dollar aircraft. Usually stuck working alone. Management has there favorites that do what they want when they want and get all the hours they want but then there is meetings about overtime being high. It would be a fun place if it was ran like a business.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Pay is low, management needs to be replaced
Can be fast paced
Fuel Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 10, 2017
Fueling and deicing planes
Long days on occasion
if you love planes this is a great job
good customer service is a must
dealing with pompous personalities
nice being outside
co-workers are easy going for the most part
Quick paced environment
Luggage handler
Ticket counter
Flight directory supervisor
Right wing master
Pros
Quick pace.
Cons
No advancement.
A professional work environment, but unorganized
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 20, 2017
I haven't had the chance to evaluate this company simply because i haven't been working here long enough. So far i like the people i work with and enjoy the clientele that we serve. the work conditions are more weather dependent than any other factor. the only quirk i have in the lack of communication between departments.
Good job
Ramp Agent Lead (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 26, 2017
Ive been working for Avflight about a 1 year and 5 months I enjoy the job I'm a leadman on the ramp at my station. I'm a fulltime worker, I meat a lot of cool people I learned a lot but all in all its not a bad gig.
Pros
Enjoy the work
Cons
Longer hours, less drama
Interesting job, lots of downsides
Ground Handler (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 3, 2017
I love ground handling but dislike Avflight. It is full of poorly trained employees and overworked management that wouldn't have the time to help you even if they wanted to. There are opportunities for growth within the company but mostly because the turnover rate is so high due to high demands and low pay.
Cons
terrible pay, poor management
Stressful
CSR (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 6, 2016
Was a great place to work until management was changed. She dont know how to run or operate the ticket counter yet expects employees to understand it all. You do all the work. We wld get off work at 2 or 3am and she wld expect you bk by 5am if you was late you got written up unless you was one of the "favorites". With new management at fbo and terminal it would be a fun and amazing job.....
Pros
Grest experience
Cons
Management sucks
df
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Avflight is a quality place to work. I only work part-time so I can't say much. Coworkers are excellent to work with. Little room for advancement.
Excellent upper management suppot
Airline Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 12, 2016
There is not a day that goes by where I don't receive any type of support from my regional manager.
Love the job, see new people everyday, I get to learn something new everyday.

Great atmosphere working at the airport.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful environment when flights get cancels
poor management
line tech (Former Employee) –  Roswell NMAugust 15, 2015
Fun simple job. Would like to have more positive things to say but sadly I don't having not been paid twice in one month...that's just unacceptable and the management was weak at best.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Don't expect to get paid on time.
fun work if you like aviation, won't get rch here though
line tech (Current Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 6, 2015
the work was enjoyable however due to management and wages the turn over rate throughout my one year of employment the turn over rate for line techs was 150% averaging a new employee every 3 1/2 weeks. overall unfortunately i could not recommend
Pros
see cool aircraft
Cons
averaged three lunch breaks a month, high stress little security
Great company to work for!
Line Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Run Airport Belleville, MIApril 21, 2015
Management at Avflight recognizes hard work and dedication very well! I became a supervisor in just under a year of working there. All co-workers were a pleasure to work with. I learned many leadership skills along with time management and much more.
Enjoyable work place
Cross Utilized Agent (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2013
I really enjoy working at the airport but the hours are wearing on me. There are a lot of different jobs I could do during the shift wether it be counter, gate or handling luggage. Because we are only there when the plane is there i have to work spilt shifts. When i first started it was very diffucult for me to deal with angered customers but i have gotten much better. Unforuntely i deal with many angered customers due to delayed flights, lost luggage, etc.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Spilt shifts
Great people to be around.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 16, 2013
I've been with AvFlight for about three years now working as a Customer Service Agent and I loved it and I still do. Great people to be around and work with, annual raises, holiday bonus' and much more. I work with customers for AirTran/Southwest Airlines where I would assist anyone who needed it involving special needs assistance, baggage, and information help. I am looking to further my career however and better myself.
Pros
Lunch outings, holiday bonus, long breaks, understanding workers.
Cons
No benefits for part time workers
fun people to work with
Wheel chair Agent (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 26, 2012
I was responsible for seeing that passengers made it to and from their flight in a fast yet safe way I learned how the customer service at the airport works,management was hands on they would assist with helping when there was not enough help.The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone made it through security in a timely manner and getting tips was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
running up and down the escalators
too bad
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 15, 2012
Was a awesome place to work but after new management came in they fired many of the hard working guys. they did not care about how long and hard working they were... they just saw numbers