AVI Foodsystems, Inc
55Below average

AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

United States934 reviews
They Seem To Not Want Too Pay Good Workers A Good Wage. The workers in the warehouse, that’s in the back are all good people, but the upper management is atrocious in every way but right, they keep attitudes & instead of talking too you.. they talk at you.. they treat the good workers like garbage & it seems raises are not in this place AT ALL!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
A lot of bs for the simplest job
Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking to learn and grow
from reviews. We'll review your comments with our leadership and management.
Shifts for work were great for me
Job and life balance was great

Enjoyed the customers

Learned I could manage a few people not large groups

Work days started early morning and ended mid afternoon
Pros
Loved job
July 22, 2020
Thanks for your review. One of the best parts of working at AVI is
being able to interact with our guests and we thank you for your

dedication.
Great management no complaints
Flexible hours. People work as a team. Wished all places of employment were as laxed as they were at AVI. Always had a fun time
We appreciate your 5-star review! Thank you for your time with
the company and your positive comments.
Only care about numbers. Too many managers above branch managers that branch managers have hands tied. Work days can be long depending on route. Turn over rate is high so you may not get your vacation time when you planned for it. Most employees are nice and helpful.
Pros
Free product. Employees
Cons
Long days. Management
July 22, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed working in a team environment!
Love my customers, your on your own, management is no help no communication. I go months without talking to them. Figure it out myself dont need the aggravation of trying to talk to them when nothing gets done or you dont get any response from your txt. Pay is horrible no real raises for the good work you do. Limited hours with lots of walking. Not appreciated they dont care
Pros
Customers, paid holiday's and vacation, free food
Cons
Part time not paid enough for what you do. Management
July 14, 2020
Thank you for your comments. We're glad your customers are enjoyable, and we are happy to have you as the team member meeting their needs. We'll review your comments with our management team.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I feel that when avi took over needmore vending that I wasn't trained for their procedures which prompt me to make a lot of mistakes.
I basically had to learn the procedures from my supervisors at the moment when I was doing it completely wron
Pros
i don't have to take meter readings
Cons
I still feel like an outsider
July 7, 2020
We're so appreciative of you being a part of the AVI team. We'll review your
comments with our management team.
Stay away from this place!!!!! You are just a body to fill a position. Company cares zero about their employees The turnover ratio is horrible!!!!!!
July 7, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking to learn and grow
from reviews. Your feedback is important.
It’s nice because you Leave once done with work but can become stressful fast not much help when asked or need it. No proper training. Inventory sucks
June 29, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We'll share your comments with our
management team.
Long hours for very low pay, lied too about hours. Managemnt only stays in their offices as they're "non working managers" while employees work very short staffed, no fairness in scheduling staff, very poor management period.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Everything except co-workers ( non-management)
June 24, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking to learn and grow
from reviews. We're glad you enjoy working with your co-workers.
Management is absolutely horrible. But the hours are good and balance between work and family is good. They expect you to be able to things that they know are impossible to do in the amount of time given. No organization. No communication between management and team members
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unorganized and horrible management
June 18, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We're always looking to learn and grow
from reviews. We'll review your comments with our leadership and management.
love my boss to me a great place to work for. It easy work and a fun place to work we would listen to music while we work and we all joke around and we help each other out to get the work done.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
nothing
June 15, 2020
Thank you for your great 5-star review. We're thankful to
have awesome team members such as yourself taking care

of our customers and each other. Keep it up!
No room for growth favoritism and backstabbing throughout entire staff.....good for having a job that pays but don’t settle in you have to want more out of life than food service lol
Pros
Cons
It’s a headache employees slack all day and complain like it’s church service
June 9, 2020
We've reviewed your comments and are sharing with our management team. Your feedback is important.
When I worked at AVI I was happy with the management and advancement opportunities. Friendly staff. Great customers. You felt like you were part of a team.
June 9, 2020
We appreciate your 5-star review! Thank you for your time with the company and your positive comments.
Work life balance does not exist. Ex. They want 12 hour days as management and work as needed with little or no time off. Worked 60 days straight at one point. Promises made are not met. Lack of labor has made job harder to increase their profits.
Pros
Cons
Overworked
June 9, 2020
Thank you for your review. We strive to ensure our accounts are fully staffed but sometimes that is a difficult feat. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.
Very nice place for high schoolers to work. I worked there for a while not too many raises. Free food comes with working there. The bosses where amazing but the pay was too little.
Pros
Free Food, Interacting with others.
Cons
Hourly wage, no benefits.
May 28, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about your management team. We'll review your other feedback to help us improve.
A good place to work. They seem to care about they're employees. They always there to help and make you succeed. The bosses are really nice and help you.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Commute to
May 28, 2020
Thanks for your positive comments and your dedication to the AVI family. We appreciate you!
I enjoyed the flexibility AVI gave me to work during school breaks. I was able to find a CSA positions while living in Cincinnati/Columbus, OH, and Muncie, IN. I enjoyed my experiences working along and in small teams.
May 22, 2020
Thank you for your 5-star review! We're thankful to have awesome team members such as you taking care of our customers and each other. Keep it up!
If second had more help the manager would not have to write what we did wrong because we would have an extra hand to get it all done in a timely manner. First shift has 5 people that does not need 5 people. The 5th person does the dishes that's it. That 5th person on 1st should be a helper for second shift. When it's a fryer day it is so hard to keep up. Manager picks who she likes and does not care for the people on second she makes us feel as we do nothing right.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing your comments. We encourage you to share this type of feedback via our Integrity hotline or via AVIFoodsystems.com/Team. Our human resources team will review your concerns.
I loved working there. They gave me the hours I wanted if available at the time. Overtime was allowed and could work as much as you wanted. The only thing I didn’t like if no one would do as they were asked normally and the leaders would have to cover. So a little over worked
May 18, 2020
We're glad to hear you loved working for AVI. Your feedback is important!
Equipment is old and breaks down alot.supervisers dont back you up when situations arise.it save our butts and kick the little guy aside.only good thing about the place was free lunches and home everyday.
Pros
Home everday
Cons
No communication no bonuses no Christmas party's no uniforms
May 18, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'll review your comments with our management team.
When budgets are met and the client is happy, things are gravy. When there is a complaint or budget is not met then things get a little heavy when they should. Overall my experience with AVI was positive and would return for a different opportunity.
May 18, 2020
We're glad to hear that your experience with AVI was positive. Your feedback is important!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVI Foodsystems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight