AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and busy
Breakfast/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 19, 2019
I was the breakfast/grill cook. I was incharge of cooking breakfast for over 1000 employees . I went in a 6:30 am to have breakfast ready by 7:30 am I cooked everything from omlets to pancakes what they wanted I did. At 10:00 am I had to change over to lunch. I was incharge of anything and everything fried or grill at my station this includes, burger fries chicken patties and veggie burgers anything that was fried I did it. I learned patience. The hardest part was trying to please all my customers but in the end I did. The most enjoyable was pleasing my customers and getting that smile and thankyou from my customers.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Can be a physical job at times but nothing to strenuous. Must be able to deal with the all weather conditions throughout the year. Early starting time allows everyone an opportunity to get errands done after work.
Very stressful
FODD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAJanuary 8, 2019
If you like a stressful work environment with a general manager that disrespects you any chance he gets well this job is for you. I have never disliked a job so much that it physically gives me anxiety waking up in the morning. The job is easy management makes your life miserable.
Pros
Good Pay, health benefits
Cons
only work 150 days of the year. bad management, No schedule Flexibility
terrible management at Indianapolis branch
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2019
Worst management ever the communication is horrible and managers are lazy putting extra work on drivers while they sit around and do nothing.Vending machines always breaking trucks are not up to par,
Pros
all the overtime you want
Cons
management sucks communication terrible
very fast paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJanuary 2, 2019
I learned that there are some people that are sexist in every aspect and it does affect the work place in a very bad way It was a very fast paced environment but as far as the job was concerned it was not bad work
poor work environment
VENDING ROUTE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2018
poor management/ no teamwork/ pay rate is not equal to job requirements. Ask you to do more on route without any compensation. Was able to eat from truck.
Pros
able to eat off the truck
Cons
to little pay for job
Don’t work here
Warehouse Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2018
The work it’s self is pretty easy and most of the employees are great but All around management is lacking, some don’t even know how to do the job and put it off on others . They dont care about you as a person. Unless your a driver who’s covered by the Union you have to watch your back. This location is backwards in how they deal with their employees. Those that care about the job and go above and beyond get treated like dirt, stepped on and eventually quit or get fired. The ones that are constantly making mistakes and don’t care have no consequences. The pays below average for all positions and the raises and benefits are poor. The work experience was good but not worth the stress.
Pros
Free lunch- if that’s what you consider all you can eat junk food
Cons
Terrible benefits, poor management
Great everyday work relationships
Current Role - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 23, 2018
Great place for learning and moving up within the company if this is what you desire and work for it, the company supports.
I have loved creating and maintaining relationships at our accounts.
Pros
Free lunches, good healthcare and 401K
Cons
Heavy lifting
Great Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2018
It’s slow and quiet. Not much to do. Until the rush hits between the hours of 11 am to about 2 or 3 pm, depending on the day of the week. Customers are very nice.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No overtime opportunity
Great Place to be
Ohio Wesleyan University Sous Chef, (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 20, 2018
Not bad place for corporate work. they pay well and it was a professional atmosphere and friendly environment, many areas in the company to work in for drivers mechanic to Chef cooks FOH/BOH
Pros
Free meals competive pay
productive
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2018
always have something to do, everyone is friendly. The environment is great. The harder you work the more you'll receive. Some days are hard, but good team work effort is provided.
Stressful work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2018
It has the potential to be a good job if changes were made. there are know full-time line workers so most have a 2nd job. There are no perk except for early quit time.
Pros
No Late Nights
Cons
Upper Management does not listen
They just need to give raises
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 25, 2018
I love AVI Wendy’s i just don’t get paid enough. The management is very nice and will work with you on your hours. But the pay is very low and i don’t feel you get what you work for.
Average job, had some management and hardware issues.
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 23, 2018
Typical day is 7-10 hours depending on size of load and of course traffic/construction. Management was average, never bought new equipment when it was desperately needed in some situations. Worked with a large mixture of people and was overall a relaxed job but always had to be in a time-crunch. Hardest part of the job was loading the truck, very physical and at times was hard to organize due to lack of space. The most enjoyable part was staying organized and keeping stuff clean, the warehouse was not very organized and I frequently organized stuff and made things better.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks as well as small sponsored events with various companies.
Cons
Very short breaks, not allowed to combine the two breaks provided despite no rule stating you can not do so.
Excellent environment and great advancement opportunities
Exec. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 23, 2018
Great atmosphere, stability and good growth opportunities . Excellent management and good team building. Proper training and good benefits. Family run company with good morals and fair treatment of all employees.
Not a good place to work
Route Driver/Vending Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, IN 46580November 16, 2018
The local branch in warsaw has terrible management that are lazy and make the work environment not enjoyable. You constantly are micromanaged by the managers.
Pros
Work Independently
Cons
Would not want to go back
Vending route driver (Former Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHNovember 5, 2018
Nice employees to work with early morning hours had a lot of work to do in a day stress filled job trying to get everything done in a 8 hour day.Management was hard to deal with they did not no what drivers went through in a day
it was a great atmosphere and the employees were friendly
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work was fast pace. I learned time management and safety techniques to help me do my job effectively and efficiently. The workplace culture was a fun atmosphere.
Not just a cashier
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYNovember 2, 2018
I was started as a "cashier" and within a year I now have to set-up/open the kitchen while my manager doesn't show up until an hour after I clock in. I start everything up, set up catering, and each day seems to add on more duties. If we are short-staffed for the day, there is no break for a 8-10 hour day and there is only ONE floater relief for the entire district.
Don't make any doctor's plans or vacations in advance since you will not be guaranteed them later on even with a year's advance notice.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short to no breaks, long hours, no stable schedule, and no advancement through management.
AVI's committment to excellence has taught me the fundamentals to be driven to always strive for the 110% in every position I pursue.
Office Manager Trumbull Country Club (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 29, 2018
AVI has high standards for professional business relations and customer satisfaction. I am proud of the skills that have been instilled in me as I have grown with the company and will continue to strive for the best work ethics that exceed the expectations of my employer and continually exceed the expectations of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVI Foodsystems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight