AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

Good place to work, Family Owned
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Good work culture, not a hostile environment. They take care of their employees well, including a clean and comfortable work environment. Good level of upper management interaction. Family owned! Nice people.
Good
Vehicle Tracking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 10, 2018
AVI Foodsystems is a good place. A typical day involved collaborating with branch managers and working on a team to solve challenges. Good experience.
As a team player I felt we worked together well to get required jobs done, but little help was given when we had to cater events at the job
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Although I felt primarily employees worked together the benefits and pay were not enough.
I felt management did not concern themselves with our requests for improvement.
The lost their contract with Mt. Carmel Health systems due to lack of good management.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
short breaks, extended hours until finished with duties, catering with no help
Growth Opportunity Unlimitied
Director of Operations, Slippery Rock University (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PASeptember 8, 2018
AVI is the kind of company where if you want to grow you will be able to grow as long as you put the time and work into. Let's you be creative with all processes and has the flexibility to adjust based on the region that you are in.
AVI Foodsystems
Chef (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
Overall the experience i had as an employee with AVI was great. The management full understood what each job was and asking out of there employees. I would more that happy to work for them again
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Fun place to work. Employees are team players and the boss is super great
Supervisor of Concession Stands (Current Employee) –  Akron, OhioSeptember 6, 2018
It really is a fun place to work. Management is very nice and understanding. They show they are concerned about their employees. The job keeps you very busy. All the employees are team players which makes it worth while to come to work. It,s not just one person doing everything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Avoid at all costs!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I worked with, possibly one of the worst sets of people. They were mean to the point of malicious. I told my manager about what was going on, and she witnessed how they treated me, and refused to do anything about it because the other employees had been there longer than I had. They are rude to the customers, and they have had verbal altercations with the manager at the time in front of the customers. There was a major double standard when it came to reporting off work. One co-worker would no-call, no-show on a semi-regular basis, and I was expected to pick up her shift, no questions asked. But when i was taken to the hospital before work, I was reprimanded and told to make up the work by coming in on second shift the same day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
literally EVERYTHING else
Could be a better place
Vending Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Didn't love working there that much. There are certain people that are very helpful. Upper management could be better. Need to offer benefits to employees not just managers
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
No benefits
It was great to work fro AVI Food Systems
Chef /Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 31, 2018
Had a great time working and the experience was worth every bit of work i was involved in doing for the client and company. Knowing how present myself as the Chef for a major company have taught me to be more complex in my work as well as in my communication level with the client that was important to serve.
Pros
Good experience, serving the client as important as they were
Cons
no comment at this time, really bad to say. All good
Cashier
Cashier/Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2018
I've learn how to properly prepare serve and store food
Management is great.
there is a lot of teaching and learning opportunities.
Waking up early to get there on time is the hardest part, but I do it without effort.
The people I serve are the most enjoyable part of the job, Being able to talk to them and hearing their gratitude for what we do. I would recommend people I know to this job hands down,
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
It was a job that you had to do a lot
General Manager - Customer service (Former Employee) –  N Tonawanda, NYAugust 26, 2018
You did paper work in the morning.
then ran the morning breakfast grill
to prep for the lunch special
you hope everyone can to work on time
the people
Pros
customes sever
Cons
triing to get it all done being short handed all the time
Job is fun but very poor management & no benefits has been offered or raises
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2018
Working here was fun in the beginning but under new management everything has went downhill food is not right customer service skills are horrible just need a good person to lead it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short or no breaks
AVI is a pleasant place of employment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
AVI was a pleasant work environment. If given the opportunity, I would return. My scheduled was set in order that I could use public transportation as a means of getting to work. The most enjoyable part of my job at AVI was making the sandwiches for the line.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good Company to work for
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 18, 2018
Good Company to work for. Upper Management always there to help with any situation, I have been able to work my way thru different positions with the company in short amount of time.
Ok place to work.
Food Attendant (Current Employee) –  INAugust 15, 2018
I like the job some of the customers at the warehouse I fill vending at can be very rude and not nice to be around. Supervisors and managers like to blame their employees when things don't go right even knowing that the employee is not the one at fault.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay and paid vacations even when you work part-time
Cons
Supervisors and managers need to be trained better and treat their employees better.
Fun slow pace.
Vending Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 13, 2018
It’s a slow paced working environment not enough hours. Somewhat ok employees to work with and not nearly enough hours. Would prefer more hours but can’t afford it cause of the size of the business.
Pros
Lunches $5.00
Cons
Laid back and a lot of complaining
productive and fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHAugust 6, 2018
i enjoyed the job however it was not benefiting me for my long term goal however it is a decent place to work there staff is friendly and the pay is good
Pros
free lunch, breaks, benefits, set hours, decent pay
Cons
standing for long periods of time, short breaks, no overtime
Heavy lifting do the job right the first time
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PAAugust 2, 2018
Overall not a bad job.work early mornings weekends off paid holidays do what your told and get the job done right the first time and don't have to go back to get forward to get job done.
Pros
Health care medical
Cons
Driving
Not the best place to work
CASHIER/COOK (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2018
When I first came to work for AVI when it was only Catering By Design, the people were friendly and the work was easy. But in recent years, things took a negative turn and food and service quality made a slow decline.
Avi would be
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
Avi would be a great place to work if they had better management .. they management sucks the always get in they personal feeling when you tell the about they self then they try to fire you off of personal feeling
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVI Foodsystems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight