AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Route Driver/Vending Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, IN 46580November 16, 2018
The local branch in warsaw has terrible management that are lazy and make the work environment not enjoyable. You constantly are micromanaged by the managers.
Pros
Work Independently
Cons
it was a great atmosphere and the employees were friendly
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work was fast pace. I learned time management and safety techniques to help me do my job effectively and efficiently. The workplace culture was a fun atmosphere.
Not just a cashier
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYNovember 2, 2018
I was started as a "cashier" and within a year I now have to set-up/open the kitchen while my manager doesn't show up until an hour after I clock in. I start everything up, set up catering, and each day seems to add on more duties. If we are short-staffed for the day, there is no break for a 8-10 hour day and there is only ONE floater relief for the entire district.
Don't make any doctor's plans or vacations in advance since you will not be guaranteed them later on even with a year's advance notice.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short to no breaks, long hours, no stable schedule, and no advancement through management.
AVI's committment to excellence has taught me the fundamentals to be driven to always strive for the 110% in every position I pursue.
Office Manager Trumbull Country Club (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 29, 2018
AVI has high standards for professional business relations and customer satisfaction. I am proud of the skills that have been instilled in me as I have grown with the company and will continue to strive for the best work ethics that exceed the expectations of my employer and continually exceed the expectations of customers.
run
Insider/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44710October 25, 2018
This job was the worst place I have ever worked in my life. If you see an AVI logo run, I would rather pan handle on the streets. The management was awful. Someone was peeing down the slop sink and nothing was done about it. You are just a body to these people. They were not understanding when my cousins funeral came up and had me work that day because they were so short staffed. High turnover, just RUN.
poorly run by women with zero management skills &, unprofessional behavior
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
The company is run poorly by a bunch of women with no training and no business sense. They change forms and tweek numbers. They lie, talk poorly about everyone, The atmosphere is similar to middle school. They run around trying to patch holes all day rather than doing a job correctly from the start. It's complete incompetence. The turn over of employees is unbelievable. It's ridiculous. Definitely an unbalance between how men are treated and women.
Pros
Some solid workers that or overlooked
Cons
Manamgent that gets away with everything
Best Customer Service Job I've Had
Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2018
Most of the day is pretty chill, you have your regulars, and since its in a corporate building they don't change too often. I learned more food prep stuff working here and got to freely be more creative. Management is okay, the boss I really appreciated quit and the new one has some big shoes to fill. Hardest part is probably making sure everything is ordered and that others in charge actually get them ordered on time, and that they don't have enough people who know how to do my job to relieve me for lunch or bathroom break without a customer possibly going unnoticed.
Pros
Free Lunches, slow paced, freedom of creativity
Cons
no set lunch or regular breaks
Just not worth it
CSR (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 15, 2018
little pay for what you do. claim to be a family company but when it came down to it, not much to back that up. felt like you didn't get paid enough as you weren't able to work extra hours to make more money
Average job.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 12, 2018
It is a good starting job. Learn customer service properties and how to use them on a daily basis. Keeps you on the go and never get sidetracked. Pretty good benefits.
Productive. work at your own pace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INOctober 11, 2018
Here you have a schedule that can be flexible for kids and school. I have both and this job allowed me to spend time at home with my child more. It also allowed for me to be able to pursue my education.
Pros
Snack/Lunch daily
Cons
short hours
Not the greatest company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 5, 2018
I was with AVI for many years . I had a really good boss but after he left the company I was moved around a lot. My work week was never less than 60 hours. But I trained with a lot of great chefs and learned much from them
Pros
I learned alot and had a good team
Cons
Upper management was never available when needed
Great company!
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYOctober 5, 2018
I really love this company! The only bad part is communication. Great bosses and great benefits. Opportunities to travel and advance. Annual raises and time off!
Very stressful, unorganized place to work
Catering Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHOctober 3, 2018
Management was ineffective at maintaining a professional atmosphere. As an assistant manager, your hands were tied when trying to discipline rude employees behavior towards customers and other employees. Proper cleanliness guidelines were not followed, unfortunately, without proper management oversite and willingness to change said behaviors, this site continued to decline.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No discipline to protect good workers and our all important clientele
The staff are beyond over worked in the district i was at
Dining Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 1, 2018
I like job, the customer clientele, and the atmosphere. But this particular account is too understaffed, due to poor working conditions in the environment with the upper management team. Way too long of hours and too high stressful of an environment to advance properly in.
Experience
Dining Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2018
I learned how to become a better team provider. I became more comfortable working hands on.The most challenging part of the job was to maintain focus while under pressure due to lack of co-worker speed.
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Youngwood, PASeptember 20, 2018
I enjoy my job, I think any job is what you make it. I have three locations to run and organize. My job is all about organization it is knowing what is going on 24/7. The favorite part of my job is working in the kitchen and creating and implementing new menus and ideas. The most difficult part of the job is training and retaining employees.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Varying shifts
Good job.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 16, 2018
The people are nice and the food is good. They give great hours and great pay with great time off. It's good for you and will pay what you need to pay with optional advancement.
Good place to work, Family Owned
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Good work culture, not a hostile environment. They take care of their employees well, including a clean and comfortable work environment. Good level of upper management interaction. Family owned! Nice people.
As a team player I felt we worked together well to get required jobs done, but little help was given when we had to cater events at the job
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Although I felt primarily employees worked together the benefits and pay were not enough.
I felt management did not concern themselves with our requests for improvement.
The lost their contract with Mt. Carmel Health systems due to lack of good management.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
short breaks, extended hours until finished with duties, catering with no help
Growth Opportunity Unlimitied
Director of Operations, Slippery Rock University (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PASeptember 8, 2018
AVI is the kind of company where if you want to grow you will be able to grow as long as you put the time and work into. Let's you be creative with all processes and has the flexibility to adjust based on the region that you are in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVI Foodsystems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight