Aviacode Employee Reviews

Aviacode coding specialist
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 14, 2019
Great company to work for. Application process was easy and recruiter is helpful and friendly. They are extremely busy but process went quickly. Pay and benefits are competitive.
Aviacode
REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2019
Aviacode had a good culture and I enjoyed working with my colleagues. It was difficult to sell coding services that were priced high copared to the market and have little competitive advantage.
Very flexible job
Ed coder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2019
I loved working for Aviacode, the hours were very flexible and there were a lot of work. The only downfall was it was a contract position. The client decided to send the work offshore which was very disappointing for the ones who relied on the income.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Stability
Great company to work for if you like working remote.
Per Diem Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2019
I only worked per diem for them. It was enjoyable if you are very independent. You did not feel like a team necessarily because the communication between teammates and between your leads could be better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not guaranteed work or long term for a certain provider, can feel isolated being remote
Company is struggling
Senior Director of Products and Technology (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2019
Company has big upside if they can weather the next 6-9 months. Great Market strategy and decent exec team. Not entirely scalable and I'm not sure they have the personnel to survive.
money over all else
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2019
laid off all full time workers. gave us option to continue per-diem without any benefits. had to work 10 hours a day to earn the same as I did as full-time worker. also shipped some accounts overseas to pay less to those workers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay per chart, no benefits
Good company as PT income
Remote Coder/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
Always keep a side job in case work slows down. Needs to improve on job placement before contract ends for coders. They changed from paying us straight money thru 1099 and changed to W2 employees. The taxes are awful.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
job security during contracts
Good Communication and Good Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2018
Good communication with Mentor. Overall good internship and education. Organized business and very helpful with interns.

Pay was not so great and not enough hours.
Pros
Good communications, good internship.
Nice place to work - comfortable
Remote Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2018
Aviacode is a great place to work, everyone is always helpful when it comes to needing help with information. Everyone is easily accessible over the phone or text and emails. gets back to you quickly to help out
Temporary contract
Independent Coding Contractor (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
This company provided me with my first remote position. I applaud their effort to take a chance on a coder as fresh as I was at the time. The pay was a little low, but it was worth it to get the experience.
Not enough work
Contract Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2018
Just not enough work to even call it part time. But all of management was nice and helpful and they really tried to gain more work for all of us. Just not enough work.
stressfull
Temporary Medical Coding Contract (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2018
stressful. poor communication. It really depended on which manager and which project you were working on. I just happened to be placed with a supervisor that needed some extra training/experience when it came to patience and kind communication.
Pros
money
Cons
communication
Good Atmosphere
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2018
Easy going, great people, good collaboration. The company quickly downsized half of their IT department when the outlook turned bleak though. Fun people but benefits and salary were lacking.
Medical Coder
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time working from home but did not enjoy the lack of management and training. I was always looking for answers and felt like my manager was irritated with my questions. The pay was great but they let me go when the office I was coding for did not renew their contract. Instead of finding a new area for me to work I was asked to come back as a contract employee. I would need to do twice the work to make the same amount of money. I declined.
management
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2017
Management at this company is good...I work when there is work available.. this year has been the hardest for getting work. I do like working for them and don't plan to leave, just need more work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enought work available
company has now regrouped and I am sure it is better managed
Practicode Content Curation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2017
It was a growing company and sometimes there were many bosses giving you different answers to a question. It has now regrouped and i am sure the atmosphere is different.
Pros
Work for home
Cons
Needed only one supervisor not many
Review
Remote Outpatient Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2017
good company, staff are great to work for.
Work typical 8 hour day
hardest part is not any job security'
enjoy interacting with clients and other fellow coworkers
Pros
great staff
Cons
security
Experience
Surgical Coding Supervisor/ Auditor/Remote (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2017
Good place to work for education and stable job environment. Management will work to better billing processes and communication is open and welcome in all levels
great learning experience
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  remoteJune 4, 2017
Managers are very supportive and helpful, pay is not always the best on a pay per chart, projects can end with a week notice, some managers like to micromanage. Training can be good or bad based on project leader.
Pros
no set hours
Cons
projects can end within a week
Laid back environment with no micro-management
Medical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2017
Aviacode is very laid back and goes with flow; but when hig demands hit, they hit the floor, so they are their feet when needed but layed back when it is good to go with the flow