Aviacode Employee Reviews

Nice place to work - comfortable
Remote Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2018
Aviacode is a great place to work, everyone is always helpful when it comes to needing help with information. Everyone is easily accessible over the phone or text and emails. gets back to you quickly to help out
Temporary contract
Independent Coding Contractor (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
This company provided me with my first remote position. I applaud their effort to take a chance on a coder as fresh as I was at the time. The pay was a little low, but it was worth it to get the experience.
Not enough work
Contract Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2018
Just not enough work to even call it part time. But all of management was nice and helpful and they really tried to gain more work for all of us. Just not enough work.
stressfull
Temporary Medical Coding Contract (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2018
stressful. poor communication. It really depended on which manager and which project you were working on. I just happened to be placed with a supervisor that needed some extra training/experience when it came to patience and kind communication.
Pros
money
Cons
communication
Good Atmosphere
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2018
Easy going, great people, good collaboration. The company quickly downsized half of their IT department when the outlook turned bleak though. Fun people but benefits and salary were lacking.
Medical Coder
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time working from home but did not enjoy the lack of management and training. I was always looking for answers and felt like my manager was irritated with my questions. The pay was great but they let me go when the office I was coding for did not renew their contract. Instead of finding a new area for me to work I was asked to come back as a contract employee. I would need to do twice the work to make the same amount of money. I declined.
management
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2017
Management at this company is good...I work when there is work available.. this year has been the hardest for getting work. I do like working for them and don't plan to leave, just need more work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enought work available
company has now regrouped and I am sure it is better managed
Practicode Content Curation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2017
It was a growing company and sometimes there were many bosses giving you different answers to a question. It has now regrouped and i am sure the atmosphere is different.
Pros
Work for home
Cons
Needed only one supervisor not many
Review
Remote Outpatient Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2017
good company, staff are great to work for.
Work typical 8 hour day
hardest part is not any job security'
enjoy interacting with clients and other fellow coworkers
Pros
great staff
Cons
security
Experience
Surgical Coding Supervisor/ Auditor/Remote (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2017
Good place to work for education and stable job environment. Management will work to better billing processes and communication is open and welcome in all levels
great learning experience
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  remoteJune 4, 2017
Managers are very supportive and helpful, pay is not always the best on a pay per chart, projects can end with a week notice, some managers like to micromanage. Training can be good or bad based on project leader.
Pros
no set hours
Cons
projects can end within a week
Laid back environment with no micro-management
Medical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2017
Aviacode is very laid back and goes with flow; but when hig demands hit, they hit the floor, so they are their feet when needed but layed back when it is good to go with the flow
The Pay isn't very good
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I'm fairly new with Aviacode. However, this isn't my first rodeo remote coding. The pay is minuscule - $1 p/chart; $2 w/data entry. I estimate $10-$12 p/hr which pennies for a remote coder This would be of no consequence if it were simply diagnosis or ancillary coding but that is not the case. The systems are not the friendliest to use either. In light of the work and what the job market deems appropriate it should be $2-$4 p/chart and $5 with data entry. I'm eager to find something else because the cost-benefit analysis isn't adding up.
Communication doesn't appear to be a strong suit either. Training is ad hoc. Need an updated policy & procedure manual that a remote coder code use as a guide to work efficiently.
Pros
Flexible Hours; Working From Home
Cons
Pay is not up to par with job market
My overall experience with Aviacode has been good.
Professional Medical Coding Q&A SDI (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2017
Due to my living on a working farm/ranch I have chores that need to be performed during daylight hours. My supervisors/managers have been good to work with me.
A typical work day starts about noon (MST). Break for evening chores 4-6 and back to work between 6-7 until midnight or later.
My current position is as a member of a team of Q&A people. I absolutely love the position and have enjoyed reviewing the off-shore coder's work. I regret not being able to produce the necessary charts-per-hour required for the position due to slow upload Internet speed. But, every cloud has a silver lining so-to-speak. Slow upload means the chart is on the screen longer which allows the opportunity to double study work for errors which has lead to excellent accuracy levels.
My manager has been a joy to work for. She is refreshingly approachable, helpful and offers on-going encouragement. Sadly she recently experienced health issues and my time with her department ended while she was away. I hope to cross paths with her again.
My co-workers are amazing. Talk about a hard-working team! We maintain an open, supportive line of communication and have the utmost respect for one another.
The hardest part of the job, personally, has been the fear of losing it. I know business is business and that high production numbers are imperative to the bottom line. Although I was 100% upfront about my Internet limitations from the beginning, I wasn't able to make up for the slow speed with accuracy, etc.
It is my hope to find a position that needs a worker who pays attention
  more... to detail, is committed to Aviacode, and has the desire to shine in the field of Medical Coding as someone's best supporting worker. Thank You  less
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Great place to learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  Price, UTOctober 12, 2016
I interned with Aviacode while I was completing my schooling. It was a great place to learn. I only wish I did not have so much on my plate at that time.
Professional Auditor for a multi-specialty medical group
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2016
You are given a group of accounts and you may or may not be given a time frame or specifics on how that group is to be accomplished. You are paid per chart and you use their in house software or go through a facility VPN.
New Cutting Edge Techonology
Coding Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 12, 2016
Great place for new coder to get experience, a large pool of contract coders and plenty of work to go around.

Not really any Con's I enjoy working here.
Pros
Really relaxed place to work.
Cons
not a lot of room to advance from coding manager role
Great company
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2016
Love the flexibility of managing my hours. As long as your work is done by deadline they are happy. I am a contract worker I just wish the projects would come up faster.
Aviacode
Behavioral Health Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84111March 16, 2016
Great company to work for! Auditing behavioral health facilities and getting to travel to other places and states in a perfect fit for me. There's few things that I enjoy as much!
Pros
I love Travel. I love Auditing. I love my managers. I love my co-workers.
Cons
Would love more Travel Auditing assignments!
Excellent place to work
Audit and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Open communication with superiors, room for advancement and a friendly work enviornment. Every day is a different and welcome challenge.
Pros
Remote, CEUs provided, friendly atmosphere