Aviands Food & Services Management Employee Reviews

A lousy job.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNOctober 12, 2019
There's some senior manager who gets an email every day listing the overtime in all the locations. He dumps on the mangers and they dump on the employees. If you are one minute over, you'll hear about it. Clean up as quickly as possible after a shift to get off the clock. Most management use confrontational techniques to manage people. No training, if you don't know how to make it you get made fun of. Not a lot of fun.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2019
Great opportunities for advancement and growth. Management really cares and advancement is always possible. I really enjoyed my time with A’viands and plan to return ASAP!!!
Pros
Supportive
Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 21, 2019
Being new at the company I would say I have a very poor review. First off the management has scheduled their employees 9 straight days in a row without a day off which is a violation of labor laws in the state of Wisconsin.
They are very disorganized. Haven't paid workers on time some have been waiting for months to get their back pay they owe. This has happened to me three times in the 90 days I been employed with the company.
In the three weeks since this company has taken full control of the university dining two workers who have worked in food service have had to take medical leave because of the work and stress the company has put on everyone.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Pretty much everything at this point
Good
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 11, 2019
I live to cook and interact with people, this job gave me a chance to do both at the same time!! The hours were great and the people I worked with were awesome!
A good place to work at
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2019
Be presentable be there on time ask question make sure you know your hours make sure you know what you're doing meet peoples ask question about the work
Poor management, no accountability, internal conflict, lack of culture, inappropriate relationships with inmates, lack of intergrity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South DakotaAugust 29, 2019
Working with inmates is a major part of the job. Which isn't too bad until you are witness to the way they are treated and verbally assaulted and dehumanized on a daily basis. Some staff do not do the required work and there are constantly employees calling out. The shortage of staff puts way to much stress on the ability to effectively accomplish the job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor management, high turn over rate, stressful
Great job
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Eagle River, WIAugust 24, 2019
It was a great job for me. Fast paced but not very hard. I had a great manager. The schedule worked very well with my needs. My coworkers were all helpful and kind.
sucked
Cook (Current Employee) –  Thatcher, AZAugust 18, 2019
Not enjoyable.. they do not listen to issues or concerns... they do not try to resolve issues.. food is substandard... Will replace you if you speak up...
Poor management....
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 16, 2019
The managers didn't work well together which made the work place stressful for the rest of the team. Supply orders were usually always messed up. Managers are gone half way through the work day, so the cashier doesn't have a way to get change when needed.
Management lied constantly about raises and blamed it on each other
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Lac du Flambeau, WIJuly 20, 2019
They lied to me about my wage, when I asked management directly. Failed to give me raises at job changes. They ignore working conditions. Management does not help the “Workers” they just stay in their offices
Mostly good working hours, teaches you alot
Cook (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 5, 2019
Nice during the slow times, and can be challenging. But always learning new things. Great people to work with. Like to serve food to people and make them a
Happy
Pros
Simple work, great seeing the happiness people get from food
Cons
Long hours at times
Good fun hard working workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 25, 2019
I was there 6 months dont really have a bad thing to say about them there nice kind working and good to there own would love to go back to work with then if I get a 2nd chance
Management sucks
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 16, 2019
It’s all about who makes the management looks good no employees love slave work bad place to work if your looking for something to get you pass the week.. pay is bad
Productive fun workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 12, 2019
Prep food, cook, serve students, wash dishes, clean kitchen area, do inventory on Fridays, and put food away. Managers are all great to work with and very friendly. Work place is also great. Coworkers help one another and are fun. A lot of laughter and communication makes time go by fast every day.
Flexible and autonomy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2019
Allowed to manage independently with company goals in mind. We were able to make decisions and provide quickly accomplish requests. Glad to be able to provide expertise to daily operations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expensive healthcare benefits.
not even good for student workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORApril 23, 2019
While A'viands allows you to arrange your work hours around your class schedule, this often means VERY few hours depending on your classes. Management shows favoritism, and the shows not only in scheduling, but on the clock.
Pay is minimal, and good luck ever getting a raise.
Pros
semi-flexible hours
Cons
low pay, few hours, unappreciated by management
Stressful work environment ,
FSW (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 19, 2019
Very eye opening experience working here. Very poor management team who are too busy undermining each other and retaliating against employees. To really be effective in their roles. The management is very cut throat and vindictive. And refuse to hold upper management accountable for their wrong doings. They talk down to and belittle their employees and student workers. And this behavior is allowed and condoned. Poor communication and very poor people skills on their part👎👎
Pros
Days off
Cons
Poor management, unfair treatment of employees
Fast pace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 5, 2019
This job was probably one of the best jobs I have had the pleasure of being apart of. You are cooking food interacting with alot of participants and have a great team to work with .
Pros
Lost of positive people
Cons
No room to grow in this company
Stressful environment
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 26, 2019
Tension flows through the air you cant trust anyone but the pay rate is very good weekly pay and 35 to 40 hours a week with weekend offs and paid time off. I love the children but the other employees are hard to work with if you dont work with them on a daily basis
Pros
Free lunches paid time off and weekends off
Cons
Poor communication and management skills
Fun and rewarding
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 19, 2019
Serving kids school meals is what makes it rewarding. Serving kids is what makes it fun. Working with team players is why its relaxed and serving six grades back to back makes it fast paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviands Food & Services Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight