Avid4 Adventure Employee Reviews

4.8
Ratings breakdown
productive and fun workplace
customer service department (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 15, 2017
This company has a really great culture and everyone in the office is very warm. They can be a bit unorganized which i found to be the hardest aspect of the job.
Great
Assistant Director of Operation (Former Employee) –  Bailey, COOctober 2, 2016
Great company that takes extreme pride in their staff and people who work within the company. Great culture, great values, magnificent program and outstanding customer service.
Good camp
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 7, 2016
This was a nice place to work. I had difficulty working with a supervisor here. Other than that no problem. You really get to get outdoors and enjoy the company of your campers in that environment.
Best Job I Have Ever
Instructor I (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 12, 2016
On the very first day of training one of the Leadership Team Members finished his opening statement with, "our goal is to make this the best job you've ever had." I thought this was bold and it intrigued me. From the work environment, to the staff, to the roles and responsibility, to the company communication, to the mission statement, it was spot on. Management was engaging and on point and the job was satisfying.
Pros
Management, job expectations, benefits
Amazing place to spend a summer!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 24, 2016
Avid4 Adventure is an incredible place to work. It doesn't get much better than spending your days taking kids rock climbing and paddling. My co-workers have become some of my closest friends and the company treats everyone like family. It's awesome to be a part of a program where everyone is in it for the same reason- to get kids outside & keep them active. Super fun job- not a day goes by without lots of laughter.
Pros
Being outside! Great co-workers & supervisors!
Best Camp Job available, rich in culture that will keep you coming back
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 24, 2016
Love this company. Started as a part time job 5 years ago and I just never left because of the high quality people and the investment I felt from the management in me and in our mission of getting kids outside and confident in their bodies.
Pros
Pro deals, competitive pay for summer camps
Inspiring, passionate people. Balanced, fun work lfie
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 24, 2016
Avid4 Adventure was selected as one of Outside Magazine's Top 100 Companies in the United States. I am proud to not only be an employee of Avid4 Adventure, but also to totally agree with Outside Magazine - working here is great. I have worked at Avid for years, holding many different roles - each job I have had here have been the best job ever.
Pros
Benefits package that promotes great balance, A mission that inspires passion, Ability to be my true self and bring my unique qualities to my work.
Cons
We all work very hard!
Mission Driven Outdoor Program!!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMarch 23, 2016
After coming on board last spring, I was given the opportunity to grow within the company, develop my leadership skills, and have fun outside with kids and staff during the summer months.

For me, working at a place that's driven by something substantive is important. Avid's mission to empower kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles resonates with me and allowed me to see that they're driven by solid intentions. When I began training, the Core Values of the company were some of the first things I learned. They continue to be a prevalent part of my work experience with Avid.

Growing consciously, working hard, and having fun are all parts of Avid4 Adventure. Kids have fun, learn new skills, and experience active outdoor play, all in a non-competitive environment.

True for myself and many parents I speak with, I (and they) wish this program had been around when we were kids. Next best thing? Work for Avid!!
Pros
Work/life balance, gear lending, benefits, great people, work outside, be active!
The best job you'll ever have !
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAMarch 23, 2016
Avid 4 adventure is hands down the greatest job I've ever had. The staff are all adventurous souls with a passion for children and the connection with nature is like the cherry on top!
Incredible Staff, Supportive Leadership, Authentic Adventures
President (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2016
As President of Avid4 Adventure, I spend time each day pondering how we can make the staff experience as positive as possible. Since I began as a field staff in 2006, I know firsthand the realities of working with seasonal businesses. As I advanced through different ranks in Avid4, one thing has never changed... our staff remain our greatest asset and your advancement, development, and job satisfaction remain top of mind always.
Pros
Incredible people, above industry standard pay, fun perks, work with kids!
Great Outdoor Experience
Explorer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 23, 2016
A summer of working for Avid is memorable and life enhancing. There are several locations to choose from in both California and Colorado. The training is exemplary and the opportunity to influence children to play outdoors is a reward in itself. The management overall is inspiring and concerns or struggles are handled professionally. If you have a love of the outdoors, consider a summer with Avid and change a child's life forever!
Pros
Gain valuable knowledge from many industry professionals.
Cons
The weather can make motivation a challenge for kid
Great organization that truly lives it's mission!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2016
Avid4 Adventure truly values it's people and wants them to balance their work with their own active lifestyle. A flexible work environment helps achieve this, and unlimited vacation doesn't hurt either. Leaders in the organization have real passion for outdoor adventures and building an active outdoor lifestyle for kids.
Hard-working, passionate & fun outdoor company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2016
I've never worked harder in my life - and I've never learned more, been pushed to do my best and had a better work/life balance than working at Avid4 Adventure! The company's mission speaks to my purpose in life - getting people outside, experiencing the profound connection between self, others and the outdoors, as well as having fun!

My co-workers are intelligent, empathetic and driven people who understand the value of pursuing outdoor adventures, and the leadership is committed to transparency and empowerment within the team, and continually strives for excellence.

Anyone looking for more than 'just a job', but instead a caring, supportive and career-orientated opportunity for growth should apply to Avid4 Adventure!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Team, Culture
Great Culture, Rewarding Work, Great Experience
Oakland Day Camp Director/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMarch 23, 2016
This is in many ways a great summer job! It's a day camp, so you work from about 8am-4pm and have the rest of the day to do your own adventuring. You get weekends off and there are people on staff that get paid to help build community within the program.

Pro deals are available as well as opportunities to be reimbursed for races and other avid sport events/races. I think the pay is great, especially for a summer camp it really can't be rivaled. I'm not a Bay area native, so cost of living is pretty high, but the nice place about the area is that there is lots of things to do for free.

Management is great in terms of support and relatable. Job culture is great, the core values are wonderful, and I really do believe it's one of the best places to work for the summer. Besides, you get to kayak, hike, SUP, climb, and play games with kids for good money and only 8 hours a day.
Great people, great work!
Counselor, logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2016
Best job ever, kept me coming back every summer for 8 years. I only wish there were more financially stable career opportunities with avid. Great staff, great activities and wonderful management.
Pros
Great people to work with and my tons of sunshine.
Cons
Lack of viable year round opportunities
Great job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 23, 2016
Avid is a great workplace! I love being outside and everyone you work with is awesome! I would recommend this company to anyone who likes to be outside.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only a summer job
Great Company
Staff Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 23, 2016
5 stars!
Work/Life Balance: two weeks off in summer, plenty going on after work! Community events for staff during winter and a spring staff trip to Moab! Also a chance to get a DREAM adventure paid for by Avid!
Compensation Benefits: Pay scale laid out on website, easy to see exactly how to work your way up, very transparent, ice cream or root beer floats every Wednesday at work!
Job Security/Advancement: plenty of training opportunities, daily check-ins and weekly staff development meetings, opportunities for work year after year and through the fall/winter.
Management: very open and organized, great balance of firm guidance and hands-off approach, lets you use your best judgement and are there when you need them.
Empowered,Fun, Caring people who love being outside and working with other people!
Pros
Too Many to fit here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avid4 Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.