Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,910 reviews matching the search See all 2,556 reviews
The manager could care less about his people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Highfill, ARJanuary 11, 2019
My role was working the midshift from 11 to 7. Staffing was always an issue. The manager did not really care if we were short handed.The atmosphere was as long as the work got done well then that was all that mattered.
Pros
Cons
Manager, should, have, never, been, promoted, from, counter, sales. He has no clue on how to treat his people
fun and productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vieques Municipio, PRJanuary 8, 2019
I really enjoyed Avis car rental as my first job in high school. A typical day at work would be relaxing and stressed free. The pace would be neutral and organized. I learned more about customer service and how to know different car types and brands. The management was amazing, everything will always be organized and clean. My boss and co-worker were very kind to me at all times and couldn't wish for a better job. The workplace culture is healthy, there is a lot of team work and help between us co-workers. The hardest part of the job is having to wash 20 cars at a time with a quick pace but either than that, it was a great working area. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people, learning new things and growing with the company every single day.
Pros
team work, family treatment and professional work.
good place to work
Legal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Company was in transition breaking off from it's parent company. Wasn't sure of the stability of the company and was working part time somewhere else. Was given a full time position so left
Pros
fun
Cons
not stable
AVIS Budget Group
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 31, 2018
It is a great way to learn about business and learn how to work on your own. There isn’t much room for growth and I’m ready to keep moving up so I’m ready to move on
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Not flexible
Fast and furious
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Very fast paced and everyone working for Avis Budget Group undeniably works for meeting the common goal of success; however, management is all over the place. No structure whatsoever. Nepotism is apparent. For example, an employee in the Social Media department was upset for having to take calls (a required job duty) and walked out. Since management loved her, she was able to keep her job. Had someone else that management disliked did just that, they would be fired.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome co-workers, and career longevity
Cons
No structured management and nepotism
Fun job, lots of hours
Airport Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2018
This job is ever changing and fun for quick thinking people. Problem solving is the best asset you can bring to your day. Have the ability to work with all different types of individuals and cater to each persons mindset.
Fastbreak agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2018
Family environment been here almost six years wish I made more but we do get yearly raises laid back management as long as your doing your job you will be fine
Pros
Discount rental
Cons
20 min lunch
Very poor place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 28, 2018
A lot of illegal activities go on here and management sucks too much work for low pay rate. No benefits and a very sexist company to work for. Relocation is no point
Pros
No pros
workplace
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2018
There are good people that work here. Very hard working individuals but the environment is made too stressful for employees and hurts the culture. The turnover rate at this company is too high for a company like this.
Pros
car
Cons
money
nothing
Preferred Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2018
really stressfull,most of the time we have no cars,customers really rudes,managers no good,it was really good company ,but now they just wants partimes and is been a stressfull,job

Want to know more about Avis Budget Group?

Ask a question
Benefits are great! Work and home balance is great!
Property Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462December 25, 2018
There is no job security there, they are always outsourcing. Benefits are great! Work and home balance is great! The workplace culture is also great!
Support
Specialty Reservations/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 21, 2018
The best thing about this job is how quickly you qualify for benefits and the fact that there is support for any question that you have. Sometimes, it felt like the company was quite disorganized, like the left had didn't know what the right was doing, and the job can be super stressful because the company is making changes to the way they approach customer service and reservations, so there's cross training and all of a sudden you're supposed too know everything which resulted in longer call times as customers could call with a complaint, a reservation, and an in depth question.
Benefits
Cons
Disorganized
Work and family balance
Corporate Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 21, 2018
Ability to manage a work/family balance. Good training and collaboration between management and employees, with the confidence make business minded decisions for the company.
Avis Review
Customer Service Associate - Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2018
Management needs to be improved
Staffing and hiring practices need to be improved. Needs a Team environment starting from Top Level Management on down.
Pros
simple job
Cons
management needs to be improved and hiring practices
Buena atencion a los agentes
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaDecember 18, 2018
El trabajo es muy cansado y aburrido para las personas extrovertidas
fast, fun,productive
Counter Representative (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, NJDecember 13, 2018
I learned plenty pertaining vehicles,maintaining upgrades,different areas of rental offices and interactions with customers.i was allowed to dress comfortable and also bring music for your personal enjoyment.
Pros
able to drive the most luxury and newest cars
Cons
short breaks and too fast driving
very productive and blissful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYDecember 13, 2018
a typical day at avis budget group was you come in get dressed in your uniform and then punch in. Management was always so respectful and had great integrity we dealt with customers which was always number one priority. The atmosphere was very optimistic environment to work in sometimes we spent more time at the job than home budget was our second family. I learnt to be very diligent and conscientious of the different walks of life as customers that came in everyday, we had great customer oriented skills to perform each day was not a job but so much more we were happy to always be around the customers, management and our workplace. There was never anything hard about the job we enjoyed every moment working throughout our week.
Wonderful Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2018
My boss is excellent he understands that we are human and things do come up. Excellent place to work and great benefits. Working at ABG gives you a lot of sells experience and knowledge.
Car Rental
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNDecember 10, 2018
Fast-pace. You always have to think 5 steps ahead of you. Not everyday is the same. The volume of people you meet is unlimited. Fun, motivated staff to work with.
pretty good
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 9, 2018
Good management, corporate is kind of out of touch but when aren't they? Commission is solid and you can make really good money. I recommend thiscompany.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Avis Budget Group.

Powered by Comparably