Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

great first job
customer service (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 26, 2018
Avis and Budget car rental has helped me gain a lot of skills. Also how to deal with customers and always put customers first. I've learn how to time manage better and how to run the place by myself.
Pros
commission
Cons
no raise
Don't recommend
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMay 23, 2018
management is horrible/no support from them
no breaks
great benefits
always short staffed
you're expected to make your numbers but they don't give you what you need in order to do that
if you've been at the company for 10+ years, a new employee can start and can make the same as you and the company does nothing
Cons
no breaks
Active
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work for me was to arrive at the job on time, check vehicles after each return and made sure that any necessary maintenance was immediately completed.
Pros
Long break
Cons
Late shifts
Normal Day
Agency Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 22, 2018
Working for Avis Budget Group is really cool. Great people to work around. Great environment. You have to be good with customers though. You have to know how to handle the hard decisions. Every day brings its own challenges. But for the most part, I am very thankful for my job I have with Avis Budget Group.
Pros
Hours, Schedule, Management
Cons
Healthcare and Benefits
beware
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 16, 2018
They do not value their employees. Management is for self and does not fight gor staff or what is right. If you are looking for a place to work i would not apply here. They over work all staff from managers down to agents. you will be in a very high stress environment. Not to mention being under paid. scheduling is very inconsistent. Always short staffed and short on cars.Promises never kept and always guilty until proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
no cars, short staff, pushy sales
Fun workplace with activities
Preferred Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2018
This would have to be one of my favirite jobsbecause of the eployees that I worked with. They always had birthday cakes and fun appreciation activities throughout the year. It was a fast paced job that made the time goon smoothly. The only wrong thing was the lack of help from some of the upper management. I felt because I was good at my job therefore i was told to do alot of other employees job as well.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of help
Good solid role
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 9, 2018
Good place to work if your number one focus is a good work life balance. Probably not the best place in terms of rapid career advancement, but that could have changed with the new CEO
Well paced job with good management
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 8, 2018
typical day at work is usually always the same. management was good and I learned various detailing skills and self guiding skills. the most enjoyable part of the job was the slow hours.
Pros
Vending maschines
Cons
low hours
Good place for a starting job
Vehicle Rentals and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 8, 2018
Avis was an alright place to work. But what was good at first sort of went downhill as my time progressed there. Management really didn't think highly of you no matter what position you were in.

I'd recommend working the counter selling cars and addons versus cleaning out the cars after rentals.
so-so
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 8, 2018
a typical day at work basically, can be stress-ful or stress-free depending on the car situation.. I've learned about cars, the process of a rental place, car count Etc, The management hmmm i can say didn't really care or have your back as much as you would like, they through you to the wolves LACK of TRAINING. Hardest Part working at ABG was dealing with many reservations with limited cars working outside in the heat snow rain cold. The most enjoyable part is getting to meet new faces day to day and also being able to improve on your customer service skills.
Pros
great working with co workers and meeting some great customers
Cons
management, pay, lack of cars
Agency Operators are regulated
Agency Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 7, 2018
Company will ;limit you from growing your business if you are an Agency Operator. You can never give 100%. Very limited in terms of what you can do. If they see you going up in number of cars rented at your location, they will raise your rate and lower the airport rate so that customers will go to the airports to get their cars. They also close your location on Travelocity and other sites so customers do not reserve at your location. Fleet manager only wants to grow the corporate locations and never sends cars to the Agency locations. You will always have reservation failures even though the cars are just sitting idle at the airports. You will get the oldest fleet of cars while the corporate locations keep the new cars.
Pros
self employed
productive and joyful environment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 7, 2018
- Everyone did their rounds in the morning saying hello.
- Very friendly coworker
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 7, 2018
a typical work day ... Questionable
management ... useless
workplace culture ... secretive
the hardest part of the job ... management
the most enjoyable part of the job .... customers
Pros
location
Cons
corporate
Agent (Current Employee) –  Wimston Salem, NCMay 7, 2018
Fast paced. Get to meet a lot of people. Hours are flexible, management is good.

Light work atmosphere. Have to shift gears at a moments notice.

Management is good to it's employees.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Work load can get heavy at times.
plesant
Detailing cars (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLMay 7, 2018
Friendly environment outgoing one on one no intimidating job description very clear. Peers help each other when needed making sure all cars were ready for when the clients applied for the rental service.
Pros
discount uniforms
Fast paced, stressful job ,yet great with skill enhancement
Rental Sales Agent, (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2018
A typical day at Avis Budget Group at George Bush Intercontinental was to go in with a lot of patience due to the frustration and aggression of customers who had unexpected delays due to complications with credit cards, No Valid ID, Not keeping the contact information that was required at all times. What I learned from this is to be patient with even aggressive customers, to work more than one job for the company and how to go from one job for part of the shift to another. The hardest part of this job was the lack of organized management, however, the most enjoyable was seeing regular customers who were always positive even when they had complications and the Co-workers who were more cooperative and organized than recent management.
Change
Preferred Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2018
I was hired at the beginning of the year. I was told that is going to be new management, culture and so on. The communication needs work but the atmosphere is amazing and the employees are great. However we could get hired pay.
Pros
Schedule, employees (Preferred)
Cons
Payroll, wages
Not Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2018
Not good. Bad culture. Needs improvement for employees and customers. Bad communication and operates corruptly. No ethics or morals at all. Needs culture change.
Hired so quick and I left even quicker
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2018
When I was hired I applied on Saturday and had the job by tuesday. Training was a breeze and they then dropped me and left me alone in 4 days to work on my own. I was so curious as to why was this position open and why didn't the last girl stay at the company. They made it seem like they didn't have anyone in the position before but I was able to find out that she ran as far as she could away from the company because it was so badly managed.
I decided to stick it out because I didn't know her situation because I didn't want to many details.
But I quickly learned that the company was nothing but a bunch of yes people that didn't care about its employees. They treated them like they were disposable and replaceable.

Shame because I thought highly about the brand but now I can care less about them and will avoid using them ever again in the future.

Pros; none
Cons:
1) The pay was extremely low for the people I was hiring.
2) I was told to keep making false promises to new candidates.
3) I hired people on Monday and had them in orientation on Tuesday.
4) The pay was so low that people can't survive or even buy themselves lunch
5) All the companies in the area paid more than we did.
6) The union environment was very damaging to the companies growth.
7) Employee was hired and then took them over 4 weeks to pay him because they messed up his new hire paperwork and didn't put him in the system in time.
8) Horribly rude to employees made it seem that it was the employees fault for the companies horrible way of doing business.
9) Underpaid workers and had a
  more... mindset that you want this job or not. While other companies paid 4-5 dollars more than they did.  less
Pros
Cons
too many. Read my review
Productive fast pace work enviornment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2018
I worked a lot of hours and mandatory overtime I took sometimes 300 calls a day. Management was very helpful. I enjoyed working there but it did get stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Avis Budget Group.