Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,971 reviews matching the search See all 2,650 reviews
Awesome and friendly place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2019
Definitely recommend this place. The staff is amazing and the work ethic is on point, this is a family.I would recommend this place to anyone that loves meeting new people everyday.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
management salary
Nice for First Time Workers
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 21, 2019
If you have no work experience this would be a good starting point for you. Depending on your manager you may get paid bi-weekly or monthly. Everything is determined by the manager including schedules, pay, etc. There is a high emphasis on selling insurance here. If you are the manager's only employee get ready to work a day or two by yourself at some point (once again it depends on the manager though). This is not a complicated job and can serve your well especially if you are a student looking for work with a flexible schedule and decent pay for a first time worker.
Pros
Free, chill environment
Cons
No work-life balance, no team
It's ok if you don't mind left turns for an entire shift. Just go in and do your 8 hours. Don't take customers attitude personal.
Courtesy Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2019
It's like any customer service job some people tip. Some don't. Don't expect to grow rich on tips. Most folks don't carry cash anymore. The majority of customers only carry plastic now days. Some are rude, but most are nice. Occasionally some are very nice.
Pros
Union shop
Cons
Some co-workers don't pull their weight. It's the same at any job.
Lack of pay
Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2019
Some days it can be busy and some days are slow. Your guarantee hours but not working for below minimum wage. And if you did your hours that's on your schedule they need trying to get you to stay late.
Great Place to Work
Reservation Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2019
Taking reservations for car rental in the US, Latin America and Europe.
I learned a lot about where city and states were.
Management was very organized and stuctured.
the workplace culture was fun and enjoyable.
Hardest part was leaving.
The most enjoyable was winning a trip to London for training.
Pros
Organized and structured
Cons
On the phone all day long
Management does not care about you
Shuttler (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 17, 2019
My manager passed me over for a promotion that could have gave me the chance to still live in the area. I do not know the reason why but a false rumor went around that I was purposely throwing car keys away in the trash can. This was not me.
It's a Great Place to Work At!!
Fleet Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 17, 2019
Although it may be a great place to work at, the need to compensate still has a bit to be desired. Overall, as you move up in rank compensation does not keep up with the additional responsibilities you take on. Overall, supervisory management compensation needs to be tweeked in accordance to the responsibilities given. Once corrected the appeal of working here would draw more talent and provide a better qualified pool of candidates to choose from.
Pros
Every day is Challenge!! Never boring!!
Cons
Salary, Compensation
Learning experience
Financial Reporting Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 16, 2019
This was a great learning experience as it was my first job out of college. I learned about both the Accounting and Finance fields, especially being involved with International divisions for the company.
Fun place and met famous people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2019
My time at Avis Budget Group was an experience that I will never forget. I learned a great deal about rental of automobiles, working with different people from other cultures and met famous people too.
Management was helpful and understanding.
Pros
Had discounts of rentals
Cons
working in the cold weather was rough
Intended for those that are DESPERATE for income.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 14, 2019
This job is not worth the stress. Management is poor, work requirements are high while pay is low. Management will tell lies about raises to trick employees to work harder. Promotions are minimal and they hire from the outside making it impossible for the hardworking employees to move up in the company. All the tools you need to work are always breaking, equipment is 20+ years old. Management tries to employ new strategies with poor equipment, causing efforts to fail. Corporate forces the use of a system that works poorly. Corporate also visits on the easiest days, and gives poor advice on how to do your job better. If a day is needed for family or academics is needed, your best bet is to simply call out rather than ask, you will get told no unless you’re on managements favorite employees list. To contact corporate is impossible, to quit is the easiest way out. There are days that there are no cars, even when a customer books their reservation months ahead and prepaid, the employees who have no power get to tell the news to the customer just to get yelled at. Corporate is very much aware, apparently this is a norm for this company. Not only the regular employees but MANAGERS have quit due to the stressful requirements and inadequate pay.
Pros
Sometimes you get tips
H1b only company
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 13, 2019
Put add in job portal so that it can hire H1b
Those hired on h1b are working many hours compromising work life balance and poor pay. This helps company represent good performance in stock market and higher management get bonus
Cons
Do not intend to hire locals
Very Stressful environment
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 13, 2019
I worked at Avis for about 5 months. Those 5 months were awful. They were always low on cars which as a rental agent, made it hard for you to do your job. So customers are always mad at you and it can get pretty intense and scary sometimes. None of that is helped by management because they all hide unless you specifically call them up to the counter and even then it takes them forever to show up. This also get competitive with the other workers because they are fighting for the customers they know will buy coverage of it their rental which helps their commission. Overall it was a very negative and soul sucking place to work. I did make a few friends but it was not worth the misery of working each day.
Pros
Co-workers were great sometimes
Cons
Hard to make commission. Hourly was trash
Productive and Fun
Programmer IV (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 13, 2019
I move around a bit for the 5 years I was at Avis.
Corporation was sold to Cendant. I was involved in some aspect of that merger as it pertained to the data center which was then on Long Island.
Pros
IT Shop was near Malls and Food courts
Good company
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2019
Good company to work for. Great benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k,life insurance. Hours were never consistent you could work mornings, nights, weekend, holidays, grave yard shift your schedule changed on a weekly bases.
disappointing
Car rental sales (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 9, 2019
Poor management, lack of training. Nice location, clean and modern.
Not what i was expecting. Computer screens are very confusing, and there was no training videos to cover this. Some people got more training than others.
Pros
4 day work week to start
I enjoyed working for Avis
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for Avis. I performed vehicle maintenance checks, wash the vehicles and park them on the lot to be rented. I also assisted the customers with any problem that they may have.
good enviroment, nice management
Rental / Customer Serv Agent (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 6, 2019
I had flexible hours and days, my manager was awesome but no paid vacations or any type of benefits. I learned a lot there but being a head of household I needed some type of benefits which the company did not provide; only regular discounts at time of renting vehicles.
Productive and tolerable
Citations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462March 5, 2019
Avis is a Good Company the people are great and I would recommend that people apply. I feel the benefits are great and I feel the days we get off a year are awesome.
Slow but very easy
Budget Car Washer (Former Employee) –  DelawareMarch 4, 2019
Avis was a great place to wash cars as the place had me washing a max of 22 cars a day, although that's a lot most of the time it was typically in the range of 7-15 which is very reasonable and easy.
Pros
Slow and easy
Cons
use to be fun now pure stressf
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 3, 2019
renting cars
patience with customers
poor management
stressful
internal customers
meeting people

the company has changed extremely for the worst since the employee owned years
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight