Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,128 reviews matching the search See all 2,945 reviews
not good
budget truck hiker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2019
they only want part time drivers no benefits,low pay cant live like that ,its dangers out there on the highway sometimes you go get out of service trucks bring them to shop for repair not nowing what's going to happen on the highway bad tires thats about to blow engine fumes coming in the cab,no left side rearview mirror so you cant see just dangerous
Nice
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2019
The location that i worked out was actually very good. The manager was very easy to talk to and if he had a problem he would come talk to that particular person.
Very unorganized company
SHUTTLER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2019
If you crash a vehicle, you are subject to drug test & will most likely be terminated whether pass or fail &/or if the car accident was your fault or not. Union does nothing on your behalf and serves no purpose to employees. They do nothing to save your job. A number of Cars were stolen bc lack of security system and armed security guards.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Part timers have no benefits, work schedule is not ideal. You may have to work weekends and late nights.
Terrible work life balance
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  ParsippanyJune 19, 2019
ALWAYS laying off. terrible morale. Employees not able to make their own decisions. CIO only cares about saving money. Uses yesterdays technology.
Productive and great work environment
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 18, 2019
Overall the Avis Budget Group is a good company to work for. It is an equal opportunity employer and it provides a positive work environment for almost anyone. I personally like that you have the opportunity to communicate with people of all ages and nationalities.
Fun place to work
Impound Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2019
Avis was a great place to work for students or older folks. The one thing that lead me to find a new job was the lack of opportunity for advancement. I started a family that continues to grow, so I needed more.
PM Technician-NYC Inspections (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 17, 2019
Productive, fun, team player, gets along with everybody. Follows orders, works hard, concentrates on duties given.-enjoys working-Listens to others opinions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun enviroment.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 17, 2019
I enjoyed learning and working for the rental agency. It is a great business with complex computer software and a very competent and friendly environment. I would recommend Enterprise to anyone seeking a rental or a career in the rental agency services.
Great company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2019
This company worked out good for me. I started in the 11th grade and it improved my customer service and driving skills tremendously. I met a lot of different people from different parts of the world and enjoyed every second of it.
Good for Temporary work never a career move!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2019
Hiring was surprising easy, computer systems were extremely SLOW!! workplace was really laid back seriously supervisors acted as your friends instead.
Pros
Casual wear, get to drive expensive vehicles all day, union job
Cons
Petty negative employees', 2 supervisors' were no different
Long hours without help
Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 14, 2019
Must do the job of several people by yourself and deal with customers. Learned to work a DOS type computer program answer phone calls for making reservations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers when the company can't provide a vehicle for their reservation.
Great Place to Work
Car Shuttle (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2019
Fun atmosphere when I was working there with friends. Fun cars to drive. Pretty reasonable and pleasant management. One of my favorite jobs as a teen.
Cons
Hot in summer, Cold in winter
Worse experience ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St.PetersburgJune 13, 2019
Avis and budget does not offer any benefits it is poorly managed the manager decides whether he wants to pay your or not he trains you for 2 days and leaves you on your own. No respect or consideration for personal life matters. No paid time off , basically you are a slave and belittled & you get nothing in return for it.
Vrey relaxed place of employment.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 13, 2019
Avis car rental is a laid back place of employment.I would not recommend for a single parent single home income but very flexible and great management.
Review
Sr. Mainframe Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 13, 2019
Hired right after High school. Had multiple jobs during my 6 1/2 year career at the Firm. They trained me in many job skills with it came to customer support, working in a team environment, etc.
not for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 13, 2019
late hours
under staffed
management was not friendly
late nights
boss would leave me stranded cleaning 200 cars by myself every sunday
do not recomend working here
High employee turnover
Sales Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2019
Unless you are looking for something as a stepping stone, majority of people who work as a sales performance manager do not make it through a year. I would not recommend this job to anyone to be honest especially at the DFW airport
worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 12, 2019
management does not care about employees. everyone is trying to back stab somebody. the city mgr Robert Cloran not only was the worst but racist. Stay away from that company
Pros
not much to list
Cons
too much to list
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 12, 2019
Lots of shady behavior going on at the location I was at. Coworkers were not nice to one another and there was a lot of talking about eachother behind others back.
Always something to do.
P.M. Tech (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 12, 2019
Great place and people to work at and with.
Unfortunately the garage manager at the time I was there was unprofessional and uncompassionate to family/self needs.
Pros
Guarenteed hours
Cons
Shift bid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Avis Budget Group.

Powered by Comparably