Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 3, 2018
Avis was part of Cendant cooperation. I did not work directly with Avis, therefore, I can only review experience from Cendant, which was a wonderful company to work at.
Senior Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Great team members and Management team. Great development opportunities. ABG has a great work environment and great customer service and sales culture.
Fast paced
Rental Associate/Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 2, 2018
Car rental is very easy the upselling can be difficult when they don't give you the necessary vehicles to do so. there will be some down time and then all the sudden you will get swamped when a big plane comes in
Get to drive brand new cars everyday while at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAMarch 1, 2018
Had a fun time with Avis sometime it can be very demanding place to work at but than again the pay sometimes isn’t worth the headache. It’s always a demand with car when there aren’t cars to go around
Avis
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 1, 2018
When I started at Avis, I started from the bottom and worked my way up to Regional Manager.
I would handle the whole Mid-West, a lot of flying and travel, but that's what I loved. No day was ever the same.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Commision Pay Out
CSR - Member Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2018
I liked working here. I did reservations, customer service and Preferred member care. I liked helping customers set up their rentals and work out their billing concerns.
Layed back, easy enough
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I have a great manager, tought me the basic format i needed. If i need help with a customer i have a team i can rely on. The work environment was kind of slow paced but it picks up through out the day.
Laid Back
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 27, 2018
This job was a good place to work. I worked the morning shifts so i was off for 2pm. some days you will just sit in cars and listen to music for your whole shift. some days its none stop cleaning cars
One of the worst interview experiences in my life
N/A (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 26, 2018
I was contacted to set up a phone interview. A time was set up for the representative to call me and I was not contacted. I asked if we could reschedule for later that day and we did and I was not contacted. Then we set up a time a couple of days later where I had to call the representative and we spoke briefly. I was told an in person interview would be set up and nearly a week later no update. I sent an email and no response. I left a voicemail and no response. Finally the following week I get the representative on the phone and I am told an offer has been made.
Typical Day
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Depending on how big your location was managers were non-existent. Most of the problems have to be dealt with you personally. They're easy, so i thought. My location consisted of an older generation with many complaints. Overall, Management catered to the older crowd because of "Seniority." I worked the 3-12pm shift and let me tell you, don't expect a social life after this. Overall its hourly with commission INCENTIVES. So selling is a big deal. If you love learning about cars THIS JOB IS YOUR JOB!
Pros
Learn about cars, Meet other car companies
Cons
Location was too small.

Want to know more about Avis Budget Group?

Ask a question
Fun at times
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2018
You will do the same things everyday. Very easy work in the winter time. Not much to do but during the summer time it is really hard work. its a no stop job, always something to be doing. the only downside to working with the company is sometimes the management. They really lack communication. You will be told many different things from different managers. Non of the managers are on the same page. but other then that. its a fun and enjoyable place to work. the people there are amazing, you become like a family and it shows.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Okay place to work no issues just work different pace environments.Nice people business wise work in door or outside all type of elements no issues just fun
Pros
Easy job
Cons
30 min break
scary future
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
The direction the company is going is really scary. They don't really tell us what is going on until to late. It makes it very difficult to do my job.
fun,productive
Customer Service/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2018
this job was fun only for part time work not a full time job, the job duties were very easy and you work at your own pace. the managers were always around
Work Environment
Controller (Former Employee) –  Parsipanny, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Given flexibility to do my job. Was allowed to independently work in achieving company goals. Encouraged by management to work collaboratively. Enjoyed the team environment.
Would never go back
Reports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 18, 2018
Poor management, lack of support and effective communication by HR. Great benefits! Poor pay scale if not management. Micro management and "manager's discretion" on everything to keep HR from having to hold any manager to unfair management policies.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Cons
Lots of micro managers who like to throw their employees under the bus, credit for work done by associates with no appreciation or acknowledgment of work done.
35 Years of Fleet and Maintenance Experience
Maintenance Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2018
I appreciate the years I had with Budget. The benefits were good and it provided for my family. Great vacation time off to assist the employees with a work life balance
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Unstable
Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative Agent (Former Employee) –  mspFebruary 17, 2018
Avis was a terrible place to work, not only for me but other employees as well. It's highly frustrating when your hard work is not only not noticed, but discounted as well. Management is bad from top down and they don't care how hard their employees work. Just what I've experienced.
Pros
Other better car rentals near by.
Cons
Racist company on management level
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2018
Company biased and racist and the union is a joke have to meet sales goals and the goals are technically illlegal sales of fraudulent insurance predicated on lies and deceit told to traveling customers with limited knowledge of their rights and options spent seven years with company
Pros
Cons
You get a pay check
stressful but rewarding
Budget Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Working as an Agency Operator was rewarding with compensation,but stressful when not receiving product or fleet. A work day consisted of face to face customer interaction along with phone reservations. We also maintained vehicles. Most enjoyable part was the customers and taking care of their needs.
Pros
self employment/ compensation
Cons
no health care/ou have to find your own employees/ working outside in the elements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Avis Budget Group.