Avison Young Employee Reviews

Little to No Cohesion Throughout Company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2018
It is a very rapidly growing company and my only complaint is there is no cohesion. Each office is very independent with little to no help from corporate. I really like my office and the people who work here but we're on our own trying to figure out things that should already be in place and the time spent in getting the office working properly is detracting from time spent on growing our revenue.
Cons
Growing too fast, not enough vacation days (10)
Big Company
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 26, 2018
Big corporate office, takes some time for people to get back to you, but just like any other office. Does a lot of great work and lots of opportunities for growth.
can be agreat place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2018
Working at Avison Young is great however, I need more hours and health insurances which I can't afford at this moment because I can only work part time. In addition, I like to explore other opportunities that might be out there.
Pros
can be challeging
Cons
Health care
good
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Avison Young, the company is a great company and seems to put the employee first, as the people I worked with were very nice and hard working.
Preppy bosses who look down their noses at their employees
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2018
As a building maintenance manager, I was called in at all times of the night and weekends. Then, the managers would not pay for the overtime. They expect you to be on call 24 hours a day without paying you. I also had to buy supplies out of my own money in which I did not get reimbursed. They want you to come in an hour early and stay late without being paid. The Memphis office really needs to be investigated for not paying overtime. The two bosses are young and inexperienced. They make poor management decisions. Do not take a job with them unless you want to be a slave to your job.
Pros
Nice people who worked in the buildings
Cons
Bosses who acted like jerks
Has potential
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2018
This particular office lacked comrodery however the company as a whole offered great benefits and time off. If they can get certain offices to be more cohesive the company would Really thrive.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of strong management
Professional workplace with exceptional communication among staff.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Avison Young is a professional workplace with outstanding organization and successful/friendly staff. The office is very nice and they have a really comfortable break area for the staff.
Pros
Communication, organization, professional and friendly.
Cons
Productive and collaborative work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day includes interacting with capital providers and clients in arranging capital across the capital stack to finance clients' assets or development projects.
No Life/Building engineer
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I was on call day and night. They never paid me for the extra time that I worked. The two bosses are preppy and they lie to you constantly, They promise you the moon but you never get it. You can never please them. Do not work for this company unless you like to be micro-managed constantly. It is like working for two little old women. They make mistakes all the time. However you are not allowed to make a mistake.
Pros
People in the building
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Avison Young. My managers were very good and easy to work with although some were high maintenance. Overall I didn't regret coming in to work each day and appreciated the responsibilities given to me. I felt like I was a part of the team.

Working with the brokers varied from day to day depending on the client. Most days were fast paced others were easy.

Working with the other principals was fun, challenging and interesting. There were periods of great stress which surprisingly made the job more fun because of the challenge.

The culture here was familial but then some managerial changes occurred which made it a more structured environment and affected morale in a negative way.
Productive and Fun
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
Great team to work with and multiple people to turn to if you have questions. Get to work on some really cool projects, with some of the best resources.
work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
The corporate culture need to change so that it is more fair and equable as it relates to the employees. Existing employees who have experience should be given a fair and equal opportunity to advance.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Awesome place. Awesome people.
Research/Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Avison Young is a great place to work. It is a fast paced, but supportive environment. The team is composed of hard working, socially concious people who care about their community and love what they do.
Great place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Was a great place to work and great opportunities but unfortunately it was only part time for me . Staff was very nice upper management always treated you like a human being and not just another worker
Great company with amazing culture and people
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Full service commercial real estate firm with excellent story, culture and history.

Staff and management work hard to make sure that brokerage team is happy and has all the tools necessary to be successful.
Residential Management Poor
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 7, 2017
The residential management area of Avison Young is poorly managed. They do not provide adequate training for oncoming employees or any commissions or bonus incentives. I was responsible for learning a new property management software program on my own with only one day of training from a sister property manager. My supervisor was hard to reach and did not provide support when I needed it.
Pros
Holidays, additional PTO.
Cons
salary, lack of advancement opportunities
Good Place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2017
great place to work if you want to get experience and get your hands on different things and learn. management is great and co workers are very helpful.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay
Great Company - Poor management
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
At the time the regional branch I worked at had very poor management that forced a lot of people away from the company. Overall the company is a great company to work for. Great work life balance, great culture, etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Horrible Company & People
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. Would never recommend this company to anyone ever. Low pay, horrible arrogant brokers / management. My last day at this company was the only good day. Cannot even express how terrible of a company it is.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Horrible Management
Big talk without follow thru.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
Not honest. Lots of empty promises. I left a good company to more money with big talk but no action! I enjoyed the building managers but disappointed in the corporate management.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
No security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avison Young. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss