Avison Young Management reviews

worst place ever
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2019
Management would ask you to do illegal activities. Brokers would full blown yell at Assistants. Assistants were overloaded with brokers because they wouldn’t hire enough assistants. Didn’t pay admins on deals in a regular basis. Brokers would regularly advocate trump at work. No growth. No path for success. Boss would talk down to us and belittle us and give us dirty looks. The most toxic environment. Manager was doing dirty deals under the table with clients. So shady. Embarrassing that I have this company on my resume.
Pros
Cons
Stressful work environment
Horrible company to work for
Worker (Former Employee) –  NJMay 10, 2019
Promises advancement but does not follow through. Has no consideration for their employees. Makes promises to employees with no follow through. Will oh you off with no notice.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Catty work environment.
profesional
Commercial construction manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 7, 2018
Working for Avison Young as a Construction supervisor is a demanding but rewarding career.The Management team is very sportive and Helpful. Great Company to work for.
Preppy bosses who look down their noses at their employees
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2018
As a building maintenance manager, I was called in at all times of the night and weekends. Then, the managers would not pay for the overtime. They expect you to be on call 24 hours a day without paying you. I also had to buy supplies out of my own money in which I did not get reimbursed. They want you to come in an hour early and stay late without being paid. The Memphis office really needs to be investigated for not paying overtime. The two bosses are young and inexperienced. They make poor management decisions. Do not take a job with them unless you want to be a slave to your job.
Pros
Nice people who worked in the buildings
Cons
Bosses who acted like jerks
No Life/Building engineer
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I was on call day and night. They never paid me for the extra time that I worked. The two bosses are preppy and they lie to you constantly, They promise you the moon but you never get it. You can never please them. Do not work for this company unless you like to be micro-managed constantly. It is like working for two little old women. They make mistakes all the time. However you are not allowed to make a mistake.
Pros
People in the building
work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
The corporate culture need to change so that it is more fair and equable as it relates to the employees. Existing employees who have experience should be given a fair and equal opportunity to advance.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Great place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Was a great place to work and great opportunities but unfortunately it was only part time for me . Staff was very nice upper management always treated you like a human being and not just another worker
Great company with amazing culture and people
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Full service commercial real estate firm with excellent story, culture and history.

Staff and management work hard to make sure that brokerage team is happy and has all the tools necessary to be successful.
Residential Management Poor
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 7, 2017
The residential management area of Avison Young is poorly managed. They do not provide adequate training for oncoming employees or any commissions or bonus incentives. I was responsible for learning a new property management software program on my own with only one day of training from a sister property manager. My supervisor was hard to reach and did not provide support when I needed it.
Pros
Holidays, additional PTO.
Cons
salary, lack of advancement opportunities
Good Place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2017
great place to work if you want to get experience and get your hands on different things and learn. management is great and co workers are very helpful.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay
Great Company - Poor management
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
At the time the regional branch I worked at had very poor management that forced a lot of people away from the company. Overall the company is a great company to work for. Great work life balance, great culture, etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Horrible Company & People
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. Would never recommend this company to anyone ever. Low pay, horrible arrogant brokers / management. My last day at this company was the only good day. Cannot even express how terrible of a company it is.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Horrible Management
Big talk without follow thru.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
Not honest. Lots of empty promises. I left a good company to more money with big talk but no action! I enjoyed the building managers but disappointed in the corporate management.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
No security
Good place to get started in the workforce.
BROKERAGE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2017
Provided good training for new individuals entering the workforce. Not a preferred place to make a lifelong career. Salary, benefits and management need improvement.
Professional and fun work place.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2017
Professional and fun work place.
Salary is fair, The company offers excellent health benefits. Management is always willing to take the time to listen.
Good Culture and Corporate Leadership, Low Growth Opportunity
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2016
Unless you go into brokerage, there does not seem to be any opportunity for career growth. Local offices vary wildly in leadership quality due to corporate acquisition policies.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2014
My role has shifted to that of strictly brokerage, and I prefer to continue with a broader role senior management which makes better use of my financial background and management skills.
Pros
privately held, well-run, fast growing
Cons
role is now too limited