Avita Community Partners Employee Reviews

Enjoyed it to begin with
Developmental Disabilities Professional (Former Employee) –  GAMay 20, 2019
The further you move up at this company you realize what they are really after: money. Higher management doesn't care about the workers unless it directly benefits them or the company. If you give your input, do not be surprised if it doesn't get taken into consideration. Pay is very low for a lot of work they give you. They should be ashamed. Great starter job for someone fresh out of college or just beginning in the workforce.
Pros
great people to work for (clients) some coworkers are nice
Cons
Management, pay
Job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAApril 2, 2019
I loved my job it was the best job. I loved taking care of individuals and being able to truly be there for them and be a person they could lean on. My boss was amazing and very understanding but when I had to leave unexpectedly and my boss was very unprofessional and I’m not okay with it.
Pros
Helping the individuals, benefits
Cons
Boss
Productive and fun
Consumer Assistant/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 16, 2019
Avita is a productive fun place to work. I have learned a lot working for Avita. The work environment is relaxed and fun. Avita cares about their staff and clients.
Pros
flexible benefits
Cons
funding
No positive support only negative
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Out patientOctober 31, 2018
This company has a lot to learn about being supptive of their employees. They want you to do all your work but aren’t willing to allow you to get it done even if you volunteer to work on it from home.
In the time I worked there I only received negative feedback and I worked there for over 3 years.
Benefits
Cons
No positive feedback for a job well done.
Not a good place to work...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAOctober 1, 2018
1. Employees work 4-6 hours without a bathroom break.
2. No breaks per shift not even a 15 minute break per 6-8 hour shift.
3. Supervisors retaliate when staff discuss or try addressing issues with personal needs/clients.
4. Company vehicles are not shared equally, and you have to use personal vehicle with clients.
5. Productivity is based on notes 100 percent, and they don’t want to hear the truth, they want to hear progress made, even when the client refuses to work on individual goals.
6. Pay is at $9.87 as direct support staff, and there’s no raises, only three month incentives given.
7. Upper management will not take concerns or address them.
8. Won’t get paid for personal mileage when you turn timesheets in unless payroll wants to pay you that week or payroll for your mileage. “ time sheets are always messed with by supervisors, and no overtime is paid”!
Benefits
Stressful Environment But Great Learning Experience
Social Services Provider I (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAAugust 29, 2018
The coworkers at Avita make the place great! The managers range from great to adequate to poor. My last manager did not really seem to care to help me with challenges I had at the job. A friend (who still works there) tells me that the new CEO has effected positive change at the company. They base your productivity on how many hours of clients you see a day over a 3-month average. It used to be 6.25 hours a day on average (out of an 8-hour day). If snow or a bad storm occurs to keep people from coming, then it falls on you. I DO feel it is a great learning experience for newly licensed folks especially. Also, Avita works with the indigent, so it feels great to help out others who are less fortunate than you might be.
Pros
Great Benefits & Commoraderie
Cons
Long Hours & Stressful Working Conditions
Overall a 3.5 stars. Work/ life balance has been off as my stress level is effecting my life. Beni fits are hard to walk away from.
Social Service Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAAugust 12, 2018
Slow to hire help when needed. Work load and demands can be stressful. Benefits are good. Management are spread thin- 1 lead clinician to 3 offices. Case loads are extremely high and not enough time allows for demands.
Pros
10 paid Holidays along with accrued leave.
Cons
High work load/ High Stress
Arranged Employment
Community Living Support (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 14, 2018
Avita arranges caregivers with disabled adults and children. Your manager or supervisor depends on the client you are placed with. Every supervisor I had with this company was wonderful.
poor upper management understanding of front line worker issues
Therapist (Current Employee) –  North GAJune 20, 2018
The pay is low and all employees below upper management are treated as numbers and expendable. You are not given enough time off for the stress level of the work. The mission statement does not fit the way clients or staff are treated.
Pros
benefits, salaried
Cons
high productivity expected, low pay, minimal upper management recepiveness to feedback
clinician
Licensed Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAMay 26, 2018
Pomp and speeches etc fanfare in orientation weeks builds up the company for new employees. Later on you see why because work load is a nightmare and management is blame and pass the buck except when CCO in the room. Then it's all kinds of love for clinicians. Then and only then. Which adds up to 2 hrs per month on average.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun workplace
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GA 30533April 30, 2018
I learned a lot about behavioral health. The trainings required were well organized, and were relevant to my job responsibilities. Management was well organized, and sincerely cared about the employees as well as the work being done.
% stars
Counseling Internship (Former Employee) –  Gainesville GAApril 23, 2018
Good company to work and to do internship, very professional and good process for the clientele. Good company and benefits for the employees, diversity and cultural challenge
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
To short period of time
Run away
Therapist & C.A.R.E. Court Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Worst place to work. Over work their employee's. Have high expectations for their employee's but do not grant the time for employees to fulfill company expectations.
Pros
Sales rep lunches
Cons
Over work their employees
very hectic
Social Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 20, 2018
work is hectic, very stressful. entering case notes for billing is a hard challenge due to acceptable medical wording which often changes. This job is not for everyone.
benefits
Cons
very little staff support
Stressful environment
Family Treatment Court Liaison (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Varied clients, very high demand on your time and energy level. Vey good environment to hone your skills and learn about a wide variety of mental health needs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low compensation
Good team work
Social Service provider/therapist (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 9, 2018
At the time of my employment I experienced Good work relation with co-workers. Team work was exceptional. Relaxed. Caseload manageable. Good support from center director.
Summary
Health Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GADecember 21, 2017
The hours are very long and stressful. The job is not physically demanding but is mentally challenging every second. You must be very patient and dedicated to working in mental health in order to succeed in this profession.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not paid enough
You have to be passionate about influencing the commuity in this setting
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 30, 2017
Avita provided me with a case load of clients who are in severe need of mental health with limited resources. This job provided good experience of impacting a challenging clientele, however I did not like the working environment. Many things at Avita needed updating from the carpet to the paint on the walls. Not a very clean working environment in my opinion.
Management SUCKS
SUDs Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 12, 2017
More concerned about billable hours than care of the client. Pay sucks, but great benefits. Very political with management. The whole organization is a gossip mill. Keep to yourself (other than clients), don't look left, right or straight ahead... keep your eyes on the floor and walk through your day.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Electronic Documentation System SUCKS
Okay place
STATE CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 22, 2017
Avita is a great place to start off as a Pharmacy Tech. The environment is nice and calm. The staff are very nice and helpful including the patients. The pharmacy isnt the same as Walmart or CVS when the techs are the blame for everything. The pharmacist here take the blame and they care for their techs.
Pros
Nice calm and easy place to start off.
Cons
The pay isnt good and there will never be a raise.