Aviva - A Campus for Senior Life

Aviva - A Campus for Senior Life Employee Reviews

I loved working at Aviva! A typical day was always different, you would be in a different station with different side work and different residents, I actually learned a lot, I learned different kosher foods and new jewish words and traditions, the management was by far the best, my manager would give me advice on so many things and she helped me through a lot of situations I was in, the hardest part of the job would be the residents because some would forget what they ordered and some were hard of hearing, but the most enjoyable was also the residents, they loved the crack jokes and they would always be so friendly and they would always compliment your service if you did a good job and they would compliment your looks, the residents were almost always super sweet!
Worst place I’ve ever worked! The whole place is dysfunctional. Made me depressed and miserable. By the end I would have such a knot in my stomach driving to work.The pay is AWFUL! Terrible place full of backstabbers and phony fake people. The residents on the other hand are amazing. And they see everything going on and are depressed and unhappy !!! Run don’t walk as fast as you can in the other direction. Plenty of amazing facilities that your loved ones will be happier in!!!!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management!!!
Debated writing this review for a while but I think it is important for people to understand what they get into. First let me say Aviva is wonderful company and strives for excellence for its employees and its workers. The residents are wonderful and are cared for in such an extraordinary way, it was wonderful to be apart of their well being and happiness. One of the hardest things about this job is having to say 'goodbye' to many wonderful residents. There is also a lot of care for employees with its programs and its pay. Now for nitty gritty. If you apply for activities assistant you need to be aware of a few things. One you are expected to understand the whole ins and outs of senior care. You will not be trained, there might be very little, - if any direction. The work hours are long, and it can be exhausting. Work can follow you home and in one case I remember, even into your breaks. It is a lot of fun to do activities however, there isn't a lot of creativity you can put in it. For whatever reason you will have little say in new activities or ideas. Most of the staff are very kind and polite and have a good attitude most seem to enjoy what they do and many have creative freedom to make things fun at work. You do not. Despite being in activities you don't have a lot of freedom of expression, even if the residents and other staff do. You also won't get as much support and direction as you may need. For a lot of things you are left on your own to take care of whatever duties you are assigned. Not all of resources will be utilized at managements request as well. - more...
Pros
For full time you get a 403B and your pay is normally good, most staff are very nice and helpful, Residents are the highlight, Overall company cares about its workers
Cons
Poor management and support, Need a lot of physical strength and a high stamina, If there are issues you will rarely be confronted directly
It has pros and cons, just depends on what you are looking for in a job. Pay is decent and benefits are good, Turnover is high and there are good people and bad people
I have worked at Aviva for just over 2 years and the experience has been excellent. As a young professional, I am so thankful for the resources the Aviva management team has put behind my ongoing education and development through conferences, classes, and certifications. The team works insanely hard every day to do the best for our residents and I feel that the restructure which has been ongoing for the past 3 years has dramatically changed the culture of the community from what long-time employees have explained. The team is very diverse and as a member of the LGBT+ community, I feel welcomed and respected in my role. Team members from many different backgrounds and a new Director of HR who is working to make more information and HR resources available in Spanish. HR team works very hard to make everyone feel welcomed and appreciated!
I love Sarasota and wanted to avoid relocating for career advancement opportunities in healthcare. Fortunately, a friend that worked at Aviva spoke to me about an opening. Aviva believed in me and gave me an opportunity—my first leadership role in healthcare! My line of work is very rewarding, I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and like everyone I work with. They offer great benefits and a family-like yet professional culture. There's a sense of community—departments work cohesively to take care of residents and each other! I’m really proud to be Aviva and highly recommend my workplace as an employee of choice!
Pros
Welcoming family-like workplace, Good benefits and PTO. We are empowered, supported and trusted to do what is needed to take care of our residents and each other, There’s a sense of belonging and great teamwork— “we” vs “I” mentality!
Cons
Holiday season children miss to spend time with our residents, They hurt and we do as well when they feel forgotten.
Official response from Aviva - A Campus for Senior Life
January 7, 2020
Thank you so much! We appreciate all of your hard work in making Aviva not only a great place to work but a wonderful home for our residents!
I really enjoy the work environment created at Aviva. I feel empowered to do whats best for residents and supported by management. It's nice to not be micromanaged throughout the day. I enjoy coming to work and hope to be here for a long time. It is truly a team environment.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Residents, Paid Time Off
I have worked for a few nursing facilities in the past and none have compared to Aviva. My co-workers are wonderful. Everyone that I work with on a daily basis is quick to help when needed. Great work ethics and teamwork. Management staff is quick to give us kudos for a job well done. They began a rewards program for the employees that is continually giving out incentives and perks for a job well done. I have never worked for a company that does for their employees like Aviva. I intend to continue with Aviva until my retirement age. This is an outstanding company.
Pros
Rewards
The job isn't hard for the most part. Some days are easier than others, but most of the time it's pretty relaxed. Great people all around and everyone gets along. Working in the dining room however, there is very little opportunity to get decent pay. The job is pretty much meant for high school students, so the pay isn't great and the hours are almost nonexistent. It is nearly impossible for me to live off of my paychecks.
Pros
Great management and friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay, and bad hours
I'm very satisfied with working at Aviva! I joined the team about 4 months ago and already feel like a part of the family. The people who work here are fantastic and care about you as a person, not a number. My supervisor is supportive and trusts me. We have strong senior leaders who put value into employee recognition, training and innovation. The company recently revamped their benefit plans and I didn't even have to wait to start earning PTO hours! They give me the opportunity to do what I do best every day and I'm so excited to see what the future holds!
Pros
Great working environment, benefits, work/life balance, strong leadership
Aviva was and exceptional place to work residents and staff always made you feel welcome. The Facility works hard to make the residents feel like it is their home it was a great place to learn about the Jewish culture.
Pros
Residents and Staff
Cons
Benefit