AVL Digital Group Employee Reviews

productive fun running and fixing machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 16, 2018
to start my day I would check my machine oven, poly, and blade to see if it properly worked. i would will set up machine for jobs that were rush or due for that day. the things i've learned throughout the years in disc makers, i learn how to run 8 different machine. i also learn how to fix them my self. some days things got intense due to backed up jobs. but over all i loved the the things i learned and the time spent with avl staffing.
Muy buena empresa
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 25, 2018
Muy buen lugar de trabajo..es una pena que este lejos.
Decent
CD Printer II (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 15, 2018
It's a job. You learn a lot, but most likely will get tired of it and want to expand your career/knowledge. Don't expect anything big and everything differs by department. My negativity can be different from a co-worker in another department.
Fun place to work, great people, relaxed environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJApril 14, 2018
Fun place to work, great people, relaxed environment, family owned - but that has changed over the years along with the changes in technology. It's been 20 years since I was there so it could be quite different by now.
Pros
Fun place to work, great people, relaxed environment
Cons
salary, layoffs
good place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMarch 3, 2018
the only hardest part of this job, is really nothing it is really a good place to work at. Free coffee all the time. the management is really professional so far this is my favorite work place
Toxic enviroment
Building Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJNovember 18, 2017
Very toxic and cut throat enviroment. Very production focused and oriented with a don't speak to anyome in production and don't distract anyone. You'll be reprimanded if you even make eye contact with anyone in a dept in which you do not work. No room to advance. Everyone has been in their positions for ever. Only leave to help elevate salary savings. Forced out to keep pay roll down. Not a friendly place to work.
Pros
Free coffee, stale bagels
Cons
People, management, supervisors, front office, cds are dying out
Official response from AVL Digital Group
November 21, 2017

Despite the complaint that the free bagels we offer our team members for breakfast are stale, we receive them fresh-baked every morning – and they’re delicious!

The rest of the review is just about as untrue… if not more so.

We work very hard to create a stimulating, modern work environment with great opportunities for all who work here. If you are willing to work hard and smart to help our clients change the world with their music, book, film, or software, this is the right place for you, and you’ll do great here.

Good people, relaxed but very focused on production.
Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJSeptember 26, 2017
I worked there for 15 years. 12 hour shift work, with a 2-2-3 schedule. I learned a lot about manufacturing. I was an operator and tech. I operated many machines and pm'ed them regularly. Problem solving on a regular basis. I enjoyed my time there and the work involved to complete daily tasks.
Benefits
Cons
Advancment
Close knit company with lots of creatives
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 22, 2017
Really tight knit, family company when I started. Big enough that there was room for advancement. Good benefits. Over the years the environment shifted and became more corporate and less of a family. Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely a change.
Pros
Good management, benefits
Cons
In a fading industry
Terrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 15, 2017
Unhealthy working conditions, constant breathing in of burning polly and smoke. Bugs that jump from the boxes and bite you, can be taken home. Rude people and neglect for other employees. They also try to force political opinions on people during meetings.
Easy going work place with interesting coworkers
Buillding Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 18, 2016
This Review is based solely on the production side, not familiar with the office jobs (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Account Managers, Contact Center)
Jobs are usually not extremely difficult, but also don't pay very well, even if you stay there a long time. Some people genuinely care and want to work, while others do the bare minimum, which can be frustrating. HR staff is friendly and helpful. Management on the whole are good people. A lot of available training, some career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, 1 hour paid lunches, Fast vacation accrual
Cons
Poor compensation for work being performed
Family oriented company. Good people to work with.
MAILROOM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Disc Makers. It was a part of who I am.

A typical day at work was fast paced. I had a lot of responsibilities to do in a limited amount of time and several deadlines. In one word for a typical day - multi-tasking.

I learned many things over the years - everything from learning how to use a pc to becoming a manager with a staff of nine.

The co-workers are the best at Disc Makers. Human Resources does a wonderful job at hiring the right combination of people. Everyone works well together and there is always a helping hand from anyone.

I'm not sure if I had a hard part to the job. Like I said, it was fast paced and a lot to do in a small amount of time but that's what I liked about my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job was turning off the lights at night. I always did a brief clean-up and last look at my department. To see that everything was done and on time would always put a smile on my face before I left. Always felt productive and accomplished.
Great group of co-workers and managers who work for each other as well as for company goals
Departmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMay 7, 2015
Much of my day was spent on production and production planning, troubleshooting, and interacting with other departments. I was able to advance through 7 different job titles while I was there, and was able and encouraged to learn anything and everything I could. Casual dress code (jeans most days). Management was very approachable and interacted daily with the staff. Many co-workers were of the same mind set, well-versed in music and pop culture and easy to get along with. It was easy to have conversations and management often joined in. Some rifts between production staff and office staff but nothing you wouldn't expect. Still professional and respectful. Catered Holiday luncheon, free bagels, coffee, hot chocolate, a very responsive facilities and maintenance crew, and an off site office party where employees perform on stage with a band they are in, with bands they form at work for the occasion, or as stand-up comedians. Cover charge is a donation to local food bank. Very responsive and dedicated HR staff.
Pros
Benefits package, Co-workers, managers, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Some mandatory overtime during Holiday season can be stressful, CD/DVD format is getting phased out.
Optical disc manufacturing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMarch 15, 2015
A great company with personality. They like to hire from within. They usually hire people to work in the call center working on phone and email to provide customer service and see what you can offer to move you to a different department. I was promoted to the sales department after a few months in the call center. The sales position is tough but the compensation is good. Base pay with monthly commission in the sales department. Good benefits and management is helpful. Larger company of about 200-250 employees so if you are looking for something quiet and intimate this company is not for you.
Pros
Good benefits, laidback atmosphere, free bagels and coffee
Rockin Place To Work!
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
10/10 would work here again! Great place to work, excellent perks, great co-workers and management! Relaxed yet driven work atmosphere.
Disc Makers
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJNovember 30, 2012
Great co-workers and a friendly environment. A leader in a business that is slowly being phased out.
Loved the job, but it killed me
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJApril 24, 2012
Lets see, well, I was a service tech on cd manufacturing machines. Very intense job, it had everything i loved, high tech pnuematic automation. electromechanical , devices, worked with hydraulic systems. Molding machines, clean rooms,robotics
Coworkers were a mixed breed.
Hardest part was getting enough sleep between the 12-16 hour shifts, living 60 miles away. Most enjoyable was the intense work, multitasks were a must. Friends called me a machine not a human.

I love that stuff
Pros
the actual job itself
Cons
pure exhaustion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVL Digital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

AVL Digital Group Reviews by Location