Avnet Employee Reviews

constantly demanded weekly overtime
RF Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 6, 2019
constantly breathing down your neck to work faster and faster and constantly increasing quotas beyond reasonable levels. would not give you any days off for vacation or time to go to the doctor if you were sick would not accept any doctor's excuses to miss work.
Pros
built new building
Cons
sold our division to another company
Great company, culture, and management.
Senior Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2019
Many opportunities to learn and grow. Great managers and team. Work can be complex. Excellent training. Improved management and negotiation skills.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Work is intense, high stress
Configuration Design Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 13, 2019
It was a great place to work. It is filled with good people. The only reason I left was the compensation was severely lacking compared to the millions in sales provided.
Fun and Exciting
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 30, 2019
This was defintly one of my favorite jobs, flexible schedule, happy enviroment, easy to learn processes, great place to work.
Hardest part was living in a box.
Decent Corporate culture
Strategic Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 29, 2019
For large company, Avnet does a decent job focusing on employees, but struggled to adapt fast enough to changing market conditions. Ultimately, it's technology division was sold which was probably best for everyone.
Avnet experience
T2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Avnet absorbed the company that I worked for (Nexicore) and within a year, closed all support contracts, closed the locations doors, and laid off almost all employees that didn't take the move to the Ohio location (from a Florida site).
Pros
Cons
Lack of care for its employees
Great place to help your career
product specilist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I was able to jump into many positions at Avnet that has served my career well. Management was very open to promoting within and transferring divisions for new opportunities.
Pros
Oppertunities
Cons
I cant list any as it has been 10+ years since I worked there
Avnet was a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working @ Avnet, company provided perks such as Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners, great benefits. Management was approachable at all times. I loved my hours and my supervisor.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company politics got in the way of production @ times.
Na
Account Manager Integrated Solutions (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 9, 2019
Company paid poorly. Company is struggling and not growing. Employees are being laid off all the time. Keep changing sales plans to avoid paying the account reps.
work at home options and flexible work life balance
Global Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2019
work at home options and flexible work life balance , you could work two days from home.- Good Benefits one of the few companies that still offer a company pension. Poor Management
Pros
Work from Home
great place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 28, 2018
Good people, great company wish I still worked there. Still friends with my co workers. Enjoyed the technology. Approachable management. Great HR department.
Pros
advancement if hard worker
Cons
low pay
Too much favortism within the company, as well as politicing
Contracts Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
Lots of underhanded occurrences happening. Management proves to be very deceptive and unfair in their dealings. I was forced to work for one year under a highly bias supervisor/manager and although I went to management, nothing but excuses were given on each occasion.
Pros
Occasional bonuses
Cons
HSA accounts
Good company to work at.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 27, 2018
Avnet is a great company to work for, its people are the heart beat that keeps it going. The benefits and salary are great. I was offered many other jobs while at Avnet but stayed because Avnet was/is a great company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and salary and great management.
Cons
If I had to say a con it would be traveling to Arizona in the HOT summer
Something happened over time
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2018
I loved working for Avnet for 5 years. Something happened, new CEO and changes started with no clear explaination and then the cuts started for downsizing. The stock dropped and well, I'm not sure what happened and after being gone for a year...I still don't know what happened, but the company continues to be challenged.
Pros
My manager (now gone also)
Cons
no clear direction by upper management
Short time with Avnet
eCommerce Single Point of Purchase Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 9, 2018
I worked at Avnet as part of my senior capstone project and enjoyed the experience of being able to apply what I had been learning at school. The people I had the opportunity to work with were very patient and helpful and allowing us time to understand the problem and walking us through the steps to solve the problem.
Fast paced
Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 5, 2018
Very stressfull and abundance of work, lots of turn around on management. Worked during lunch hours and many times after 5 pm as well. Didn't have much room for advancement and pay was minimal for the job performed.
Professional employment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 16, 2018
Avnet is a sophisticated employer, with an elaborate IT system in house. I was able to work extensively with VPN connections for Avnet people out in the field.
Good Company but
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 15, 2018
Good company, not a lot of opportunity to advance. Good benefits, a lot of meetings, layoffs come often. Tuition assistance, this is one of those companies to retore from.... No one leaves a place like this unless ur laid off
Stressful
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 15, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. Micromanagement, and would not be recommended. "Instead of truly assessing the shortfall of upper management they are creating a skeleton crew on the floor.
Great company to work for to learn the ropes
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2018
You get the technology work experience you need at Avnet, just not the pay that other companies would pay you for a similar position. It is a great place for jr. folk to learn the ropes and forge relationships you will leverage for the rest of your IT career, but unless you are part of the C-Suite you will not make at Avnet what you could elsewhere.

Again it is a great company to grow with if you are a junior level employee.
Cons
Free Pizza = 12 hour day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avnet. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss