Avnet Employee Reviews

Short time with Avnet
eCommerce Single Point of Purchase Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 9, 2018
I worked at Avnet as part of my senior capstone project and enjoyed the experience of being able to apply what I had been learning at school. The people I had the opportunity to work with were very patient and helpful and allowing us time to understand the problem and walking us through the steps to solve the problem.
Fast paced
Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 5, 2018
Very stressfull and abundance of work, lots of turn around on management. Worked during lunch hours and many times after 5 pm as well. Didn't have much room for advancement and pay was minimal for the job performed.
Professional employment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 16, 2018
Avnet is a sophisticated employer, with an elaborate IT system in house. I was able to work extensively with VPN connections for Avnet people out in the field.
Good Company but
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 15, 2018
Good company, not a lot of opportunity to advance. Good benefits, a lot of meetings, layoffs come often. Tuition assistance, this is one of those companies to retore from.... No one leaves a place like this unless ur laid off
Stressful
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 15, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. Micromanagement, and would not be recommended. "Instead of truly assessing the shortfall of upper management they are creating a skeleton crew on the floor.
Great company to work for to learn the ropes
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2018
You get the technology work experience you need at Avnet, just not the pay that other companies would pay you for a similar position. It is a great place for jr. folk to learn the ropes and forge relationships you will leverage for the rest of your IT career, but unless you are part of the C-Suite you will not make at Avnet what you could elsewhere.

Again it is a great company to grow with if you are a junior level employee.
Cons
Free Pizza = 12 hour day
If you like ineffective change - you have found the right place
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 9, 2018
management changes strategy every year and then does not follow through with it, thus resulting in changing the strategy. An evil circle of no commitment. The highly politically savvy and lower ethically inclined will do well.
Pros
comp is good
Cons
leadership, lack of commitment
Sr VP (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2018
It is a large company to work in. Many different departments; global scale. Top 3 company in the world in full service electronic component distribution.
Old School Technology Company
Enterprise Solution Sales (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 30, 2018
There are great people employed by Avnet, but it is an old school technology company where your network and your business social activities and contacts, matter more than your performance and results.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old School Management Sytle
Solution Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
Daily tasks included Order operations with the up keeping of a clean backlog. Tracking order shipments for clients upon requests. Utilizing all IBM tools that were acquired depending on processes needed.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 27, 2018
Avnet has changed a lot since I last worked there. Cost constraints and reorganizations lead to many talented people leaving IT in Avnet. Therefore I am not sure about its work culture and IT environment. I believe the overall organization still makes management decisions based on conservative principles and communicates top management goals well. The key is always middle management, if you have a professional and caring middle manager, you can deal with any shortcomings in the organization.
Pros
Professional environment. Middle managers have authority and flexibility to handle issues.
Cons
Latest job cutting and cost cutting environment.
A nice job, kept me busy, co-workers were accomidating
Electronics Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 22, 2018
Not a climate controlled environment, average job, I liked working repairing consumer electronics. Didn't like the fact that their decision/notice to close the facility was sudden.
Avnet has had some recent growing pains.
Sales and Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2018
I worked for Avnet for a very long time (over 24 years). I enjoyed the time I spent at Avnet for the majority of those years. It was a lean organization where Upper Management made a point of getting to know everyone.

In recent years, however, the company had a change in CEO and many board members, creating a company who's sole purpose was to increase company profits at the expense of it's customers and employees. It became much more rigid, removing many of the field based decisions into Corporate to manage. This also caused us to be unable to do the things we once did for our customers in the way of Customer Service.
Pros
good working environment in field sales locations, good benefits and pay.
Cons
No consistent strategy for growth - became very reactionary instead of visionary.
Internship
MARKETING DESIGN INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2018
I learned a lot during my internship with Avnet, I would recommend it to anyone who truly wants to learn and grow. Upper management was always more than willing to coach me and give me career advise.
Loved the evironment and employees
Global Vice President of Digital Transformation (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
Great place to work however my role changed and wanted me to move to the UK. I still have a very great relationship with the team including the CEO Bill Amelio.
Benefits and people are good, but the pay is less than desirable
CSR III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2018
Busy from start of my day to finish
I learned quite a bit about supply chain and OS like SAP
Direct management is usually easy to get a long with and open about most issues. Mid and Upper level management are not transparent at all.
The culture within is enjoyable and coworkers make it tolerable to be there on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job is the unrealistic goals put forth.
Pros
culture and coworkers
Cons
Unattainable goals
Large corporation
Product Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
Avnet is a large multi national corporation, there are very different dynamics throughout. Overall my experience has been positive. But I know others who have not fared as well.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San JoseOctober 8, 2018
IT was a great place to work, good atmosphere, good people, good environment. Very interesting place with much support and help when needed. I would definitely recommend.
fun workplace
computer engineer (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I built all prototype computers. I got along well with my supervisers.I also supervised up to about 10 people. The workplace was enjoyable to me.
Pros
building computers
Cons
writing documents
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Analyst (Project Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2018
Avnet is a great environment with great people and a fun atmosphere. Management is really involved with individual success. The kitchen serves really good food!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Tight Deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avnet. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.