Avnet Employee Reviews

good place to work
Customer Field Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 13, 2018
Avnet cares about it's people. Flexible time for me to work as long as I get the job done. benefits are good. Pay is better than average. Good comminication
Creative and collaborative team with good managers
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2018
Top management made significant organizational changes during the time I was employed by the business development group and decided to layoff the majority of our team and strategic senior management. Avnet had a creative and strongly competitive team and I enjoyed my time working with the individual account managers, branch managers and suppliers during my involvement,
Great staff of inside sales people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 12, 2018
Every Monday I would travel to Indy for meetings with vendors, set my schedule for the week and head back to Ft. Wayne for a week of outside sales calls. I was always learning new creations from engineers in regards to what their end product was going to be. Hardest part was always driving in winter. The most enjoyable part was meeting all kinds of people and learning how things are made.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Driving to Indy every Monday
Alright for a new hire
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2018
The team camaraderie is great and the boss is fun, but there is a constant need to put out fires, slow to implement changes, and currently not much opportunity for growth beyond the core requirements of our group.
I worked there for a month
Technician Auditor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 5, 2018
The company didn't need my services anymore. There were slow so I got laid off. This was a short term job position. It was okay while it lasted but that was it.
Pros
Cons
No training. Just threw me in and expected me to start.
Great company for a while
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 3, 2018
Historically a good company, last 5+ years especially difficult, unable to determine where the company is heading, not much collaboration between groups (or business units).
Pros
some good honest people
Cons
opportunities and mertis based on who you know (too much politics)
review
Financial Operations Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 2, 2018
decent place to work
data entry work is slow.
layoffs have been happening the past 3 years
breaks are allowed
low number of men working in accounts payable
not everyone gets cross trained unless you demand it
Pros
nice people
Cons
favoritism
summary
Return Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2018
I was a contract worker at Avent. The building I worked in was nice and management was very supportive. I would recommend working at this company if you have an opportunity.
Nice ara and co-workers
Material Handler lead/Inventory control (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2018
Print out reports
Crating a team work
Teaching new employees
Checking cleaning area
Apply 5's
Pros
nice aquipments, helping each other, team work
Cons
Too many people in the warehouse, parking lot too small
Good place to work.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
Entry level experience in the computer field. This is a great place to start for computer technician. I would recommend this job to someone without experience.
Probably doing the best they can in a shrinking market.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 20, 2018
Really good coworkers. In many respects it was a very nice place to work. Management was usually supportive. But, with a declining market layoffs and reorgs were frequent. We had to learn what the code words were because changes were communicated in such a positive way that you couldn't always tell what they really meant. You never knew who your boss was going to be next or how long you might keep the current one. I saw a couple of positions created only to be eliminated several months later.
Pros
Good work environment and people to work with.
Cons
Instability
A Company in Transition
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2018
6 years ago, Avnet appeared to be a company that wanted new faces that were eager to learn and grow as the company did. However, since the sale of their entire TS Division just a little over a year ago, there has been no opportunity for growth or promotion. There are many opportunities to cross train with other departments, and those departments are even willing to transfer the workload to individuals that do cross train. Unfortunately, compensation remains stagnant, and there is no incentive to cross train other than for personal growth. It is a wonderful place to get a foot in the door especially for entry level IT. At this point though, it seems that moving into a new role is just not an option, and could possibly take another 18 months before anything starts to advance again.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Ample Break Time, Many Learning and Cross Training Opportunities, Excellent Reward/Recognition Program
Cons
No Opportunity for Promotion, Low Pay, Merit Increases Are Very Low and Sometimes Delayed
Has a ping pong table
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 15, 2018
Good people just not enough benefits or pay to substain a family. They add field days once a year and are great with how they treat ypu. But advancment was low to none.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Low pay
Extremely lax when it comes to applying their own guidelines
Senior IT Manager - eCommerce (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Extremely lax when it comes to applying their own guidelines. Very poor Roles assignment and delegation. I am not happy being forced to write this review.
Decent work place
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2018
Decent work place with limited advancement opportunities. Good work/life balance. Benefits are good. Lot of recent changes and the management does not have any clue of what they are doing.
Opportunities for advancement, low pay
Data Analyst/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 10, 2018
Avnet has a professional atmosphere. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. They promote within the company. There is good management, but low pay.
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay
Poor Management, Continuous ERP issues, Low advancement opportunity, no true bonuses
Global Supply-Chain Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2018
This company, I felt, was poorly managed. There are several issues with the latest ERP systems making work very manual and stressful. No real advancement opportunities or fair pay increases. No bonuses.
Pros
Some work from home possible
Cons
Mismanaged, Lower than industry pay, low advancement opportunities
Productive and fun workplace with amazing co-workers.
MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 29, 2018
I had a wonderful career at Avnet with an extraordinary manager. My colleagues frequently recognized my work with gift cards. I was giving full autonomy to do the work that needed to be done. No one micro-managed me and I had the freedom to get my work done in a timely manner. Great people here!
Pros
Freedom to set my own schedule
Good starting out but no solid vision or direction
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2018
This company has undergone too many changes too quickly. They need to slow down and figure out what they want to do when they grow up. They are VERY tactical, myopic, and lack strong vision and leadership. Not a good environment.
fun place to work and great people
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2018
My type of day can be fast or long depends how busy you get and what department your work at. What you can is all kinds of stuff form working here. Work culture is fast and you work with computers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avnet. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss