Avon
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Avon Employee Reviews

United States2,410 reviews

Found 2,410 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,841 reviews

productive, fun, hard work requiring job

In this job, I have had so much challenges. I worked every hours and everywhere. Because I am the one who has to make my own customer it was hard for me until i decided to step out and try to talk to everyone near me. It helped me to develop my communication, and making my own customers, I didn't have a co-worker beside my manager. She tells me what to do. the thing I enjoy in this job is when I accomplish the amount of customers I wanted to earn. Also its pleasant , when the customers find the products more exciting that they expected. Its has been really fun to work here.

Pros

some % off the product for my family

Avon sales

What stands out about this job is that I work on my own pace and it is a at home job and I just build me clients up and meet good clients and all they buy thingsout of the brochure

Avon insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

okay

job was stressful. inbound call center taking calls back to back to back. rude customers on the phone most of the time. if the phone system was down, that was a good thing

Not much advancement in US

Wouldn’t recommend in current business situation. Avon is unlikely to turn around the business with raises, promotions limited along with corporate travel.

Pros

Flexible work life balance

Cons

Company is on decline

Productive and fun job

I really love working for AVON and being a independent Sales Representative i set my own hours and days I work,I have a online store so people shop on that instead of me handling their orders all the time.

Low wage

The pay was very minimal. Start time for the next day was posted as you walked lit the day before. Never knew when you were going to be going home....

Remote from home

I've been with Avon products since 2009 and I'm now ranked at contender level looking to go for Premier. I Recruit and train new Avon Reps also so it's a great company. The products are amazing and company discounts are one of the many benefits for selling Avon. You can get work insurance but I don't want it right now.

Management and people are fair and principled

Management in product development is fair and principled. As individuals they are dedicated to delivering their best at work, but also principled people and family oriented, and this results in a collaborative and pragmatic atmosphere. There is an earnestness also in doing a good job individually and collectively together. Aside from a few individuals who do personal favorites, nobody is obnoxious in claiming personal glory. It is a solid work environment, one of the best I have encountered.The business division (nothing to do with the R&D department) is not as well managed. It hardly affects the day to day in the product development team, but you do hear about the financial aspect of things in town halls, which can scare the scientists unnecessarily. Overall it is a very solid company to work for in the cosmetics and consumer product space. Would work for them again.

Opportunity to meet and help a lot of warm, friendly people

Learned how to approach potential customers in person as well as calling from references. Met diverse co-workers who were eager to share their experiences. Unfortunately, the company eliminated the local managers who were very helpful and were available to answer any questions that came up, including accompanying reps on sales calls. I enjoyed attending the sales conferences both in NYC as well as out of state.

Pros

Annual sales conference in different state each year

Cons

They eliminated the area managers which I found very helpful w/tough sales.

The Best out of Working With AVON

AVON offers excellent management, fantastic work, great goods, and a nice website that is simple to use on both desktop and mobile devices. Sales that are timely, have a simple brand name, and are simple to work with.

Fun

Fun environment, making sales, meeting new people, love the products. Wish I had took more advantage of it. A reputable company that has been around for years.

Nice environment and equal opportunity

Excellent place to work, plenty opportunities to growth with a very important focus on sales. Bring develop opportunity to women and take care of important causes as Brest Cancer and Domestic Violence.

Not bad, not great

Prices are high these days, so it's hard to make new customers and keep them. With large online competitors, representatives aren't as successful as they were before.

Helping people to earn a little extra money and wanting to help people feel better about themselves

I loved working with the self employed sales representatives management was another thing. The management didn’t respect the people who was really making the money for the companyGood news bad news. Due to company’s management mishandling money the company in North America was closed and ultimately sold to a company to use basically as a tax write off. Sales are less than 50%of what they were as is the number of representatives. Isn’t the same Avon people knew and lived

Pros

Benefits and the opportunity to make life long relationships with the the representstives

Cons

Managements lack of respevt

Only few people working really hard. Others are very lazy. There is no rewards for those who work really hard. It's demotivating working environment.

There is no clear direction in career path. People who work really hard are not rewarded well. Business model is outdated so company is sinking. No money, no bonus, and no promotion.

Fun work.

A lot of new and interesting products. Enjoyable interaction with clients. The harder you work the more you succeed. Setting your own hours is a great about this type of work.

Loved it

I had a great run at Avon made enough to support my shopping habits. You have to sell alot to make profit and the commission could be better. It would be nice to have commission on all sales

Not what you'd expect!!

Since the new overhaul, being an independent sales representative isn't a good idea for certain people. If you're dedicated, loyal, and have about five hundred dollars to sink into this endeavor, you may make a couple hundred a week. Before attempting this please research and develop a following.

Apply yourself

If you are self motivated, you will do well.This job is for a self motivated person because you are your own boss and no one will be there to monitor your sales.

You get what you put in

The opportunity to make a lot of money is there if your willing to put in the effort. This is a good side job or for stay at home parents. If you put in the work you will be rewarded.

Pros

Be your own Boss

Cons

Benefits are minimal

Quality product

😁 high quality product. I was a big fan of the anew skin Care line and had a lot of customers who also were very fond of that product. I also had quite a few customers who really enjoyed the fragrance lines and the celebrity creators of the perfumes.

Common questions about Avon

Answered by current and former employees at Avon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Avon with

Avon reviews by popular job title

• Avon