Avon Employee Reviews

cerberus now owns Avon US and noted for "distressed investing"
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
this used to be "the company for women".
not anymore, managers are bigoted and confrontational. Culture is
hostile. There is a lack of basic courtesy and decency that is commonplace in private equity firms and verboten in fortune 500 companies.

Beauty is a business category that thrives with interaction and touching and trying the product. current management touts New Avon as the most success social media beauty company. not sure that is worth celebrating
Pros
some good products
Cons
needs to jettison the confrontational style
Great Company
Assistant District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 21, 2018
Independant contractors work here , along with district managers. Sell Avon products to indivduals and network for new representatives. Online ordering available.
Excellent Company
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 20, 2018
Avon had a great working environment, there was always a lot of pressure due to the company commitment. all employee always gave that extra mil to achieve the company goal
Discounted costume jewelry and makeup
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
Clean offices and a group of hard working individuals. Great location near subway. The best part of the experience was being able to buy inexpensive costume jewelry and makeup.
Self employment opportunity
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHMarch 19, 2018
With Avon you can build your own career and receive great discounts on items.
Being able to control your own schedule and work around your everyday life is a huge bonus with this company. A day in the life of an Avon consultant consists of going out and trying to get new clients to purchase items from the company.
The hardest part is not getting enough clients to keep your business going. The best part of it all is getting to meet new people and broaden my customer service skills.
Pros
freedom to choose own hours, meet new people
Cons
hard to keep enough sales and clients
Sales person (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 18, 2018
I only sale Avon try to make little money on the side. I only have a few customers. Most of them don't place order every week. In order to get a discount most of the time I have to place a order if any one else want do so.
Avon
Sales Representative/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 14, 2018
Avon is good to do if you want to have your own unlimited funds coming in or if you want to build your resume as well or own your own business as well.
Pros
work your own hours, build your customer rapport.
Cons
some customers don't pay or cancel at the last minute leaving you with the product and bill
Fast paced job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 14, 2018
It was a really fast paced job. I was required to stack totes on pallets to be loaded in the trucks to be shipped out. The Building was very clean. The fellow employees were very helpful if i had questions the were quick to jump in and help out. I would highly recommend Avon to anyone wanting a fast paced job.
Pros
Great work and people
Cons
very fast paced
Nice place to work.
Assembly Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 13, 2018
I liked working there the people are nice the job was nice it was a continuous work force. Managed the people there with respect. Long as you worked you had no problems.
I work my own hours and I learned how to keep friends and well as make sales. Management is great.
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2018
I pass out brochures, make follow up calls and make sales recommendations. I learned how to keep friends as well as sell products. The hardest part of my job is getting up the sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for myself.
My day at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 9, 2018
I would go and place booklets out to people. Take down any orders that they place. When the orders arrive i would give out the items they order and collect the money.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Free car
Direct Sales Manager with Avon (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 9, 2018
Making phone calls making sure everyone had what they needed to work their business for the day and or week. I enjoyed when the Avon consultants came in to the office to share something new that they were doing with their business.
Pros
Free Car
Cons
na
Two stars for compensation
Representative (Former Employee) –  Daggett, CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
Avon is great if you want to try your hand at being your own boss. Most of the time I used my debit card to pay for consumer purchases on the website.
Pros
Flexible hours, being your own boss, looks great on any resume.
Cons
Emails posing as potential buyer could possibly leave you holding the bag.
Was able to work from home
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 7, 2018
When I was working for Avon the manager I worked under was great. The hardest part was knowing I had goals to meet and at times was unable to. I loved that I was able to work from home doing this.
Fun place to work.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
Enjoyed meeting new people. Went to different events. Had opportunities to advance and win contests, trips, etc.
You could make as little or as much as you wanted; depending on hard you wanted to work.
Pros
Fun loving, get togethers, meetings were exciting and people always getting promoted.
Cons
It paid commission
Great Products
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 6, 2018
it is a great way to meet new people and to show off the great Avon products. I have been doing it for a while. I love the products. And helping customers find the right product for their needs.
Pros
Great products, Fun Job
Cons
I have a tendancy to over buy the product. I like it too much
Busy and innovative company
Trainer, Machine Operator, Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMarch 5, 2018
Very busy and innovative company and some opportunity to move around and advance. Unfortunately the manufacturing area went offshore and the facility closed.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Job offshored and plant closed
Its a job and its some money being brought in
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nocona, TXMarch 2, 2018
To each their own... it never hurts to try something out and decide for yourself whether you like it or not. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes so you'd really have to make your own decision if you want to work at Avon or not.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Make your own hours and work at your own pace.
Avon
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2018
Working at Avon was a great opportunity. In a day we would sign up 3-6 recruits, as we has a quota per month. We maintained a district of 500 representative and above. Avon consisted of my self and the District Manager and we were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was making certain goals annually. We had to increase each year in sales and representatives.The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with representatives and training them to meet goals.
Pros
Free product
Cons
N/a
job summart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2018
Job required you to do alot of personal advertisement and reaching out to people and strangers, the product did not generate enough people and sales..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight