Avon Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Since salary is based on commission, it is most important to solicit sales with all those you encounter to better your income. This will help you exceed greatly.
Pros
Discounts on products
Sales
Avon, Sales independent sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 17, 2018
Independent sales, you were in charge of getting your own clients, setting up sales putting in orders, making sure that the order was right and that ever thing was in stock if not would have to make changes
Pros
Getting to meet new people
Cons
Deliveries and no rembursment for gas
Excellent Company
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2018
AVON is an excellent company to work for you don't really have a boss you are your own boss and an Independent Sales Representative. You are self-employed with AVON you have mentors no managers and no bosses. AVON is going through a lot of changes where they focus more on the Independent Sales Representative and to help them succeed with their AVON Business.
Pros
If you make Presidents club you get free trips all over the world
Cons
You really needed to focus on getting people under you to sell AVON
Representative, (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Productive, fun, competitive job .I get to walk around meeting new clients .Selling products u go where ever u want it all depends on URSELF and how your sale skills are.I enjoyed it
Pros
My own Schedule
Cons
Little pay
Waste of Time
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Don't bother working for Avon because you will end up paying for the products from your own pocket, because people will order and then say they don't have the money to pay for the item.
Cons
Not worth it
Time consuming
AVON District Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Spring, NCJanuary 14, 2018
Working for Avon was not a good experience for me. I found the company to be dishonest and revealing with the way they dealt with product returns, and everything was to the advantage of the company. I also found some of then Avon leaders were very rude and competitive with everyone.
Pros
Independence with hours and what you did.
Cons
A dishonest company, and rude leaders.
Avon
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAJanuary 13, 2018
I learned how to get customers. But I all so learned that they will look at the products and still want buy. They will tell me to get something but they don't have the money. I want buy put it in the computer until I am really sure that they are going to buy it. And that is when I don't hear from that person again. And I make some calls to see if the person still want produced. I just wish things were better.
Pros
got little customers, had meetings
Cons
no vehicle, they might buy or not, might get stock with the produced, hard to get customers
Not what it used to be
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 12, 2018
When I began my career with avon it was a wonderful place to work. With the recent Cerberus acquisition it has all gone down hill. The Director runs Avon with a dictatorship/authoritarian mentality. The company is losing money every quarter so HR is out to cut heads in order to save the bottom line. Run run run away as fast as you can.
Interesting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I liked working there, but the there was no benifits and no advancement, I had to move on to another job. It was commission based, the taxes were high that you didn't get paid enough.
Pros
Got to meet different peopl. I also learned Sales, Ap & ar
Cons
Not enough money to live off of
I can set my own hours and find my customers on my own
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2018
It is what I make of it for advancing. I set my own hours and work hard at finding new customers. I have wonderful sales skills and leadership skills.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
How often training is
Working Avon as a university student
Representante (Current Employee) –  My houseJanuary 10, 2018
Avon is a great place to work when having a lot of free time, it can take up time, but its how much you work that you earn. Its very stressful when you got to do work from the university, but its fun to talk with people and give your opinions and recommendations.
I enjoyed working with peers and the sales representatives
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West RegionJanuary 9, 2018
I loved the high touch culture ... but this has changed ....
I loved the products . The company's Vision, Mission and Core Values has made me stay for years with this company. The friendships I have established with so many representatives and peersmade those years with the company so much fun and rewarding.
Avon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 9, 2018
Was not making enough income other than that i enjoyed Avon was on my own terms and on my own time which i enjoyed i love the fact i could work when i wanted too. I could find my own clients sell to who i wanted. So i felt very comfortable while i sold Avon. I would go back to Avon as a side job but you need money to invest in Avon and right now i have no funds.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
not enough income
Changeling Work Place
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  philippinesJanuary 9, 2018
Working in a company such as Avon Cosmetics Company is very challenging because everyday you need to to talk to a different people convinced them to be a member. And also to convinced to purchased any Avon Item for for them to be a qualified member.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
short break
Horrible products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Products were horrible, customer complaints daily, lack of pay, no support and no leadership, managers were no experienced, rude customer service, and no system
Not what it's made out to be
Avon representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2018
If you want to make good money with this company you have to have a very large clientele list. If that's something you do not have then you will barely make it. The expenses you pay out of pocket will only be covered if your customers order a lot. wouldn't recommend working for the company.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
pay wasn't great and you have to have a large clientele list
Avon was a great place to work
Consultant Blanket Order/Purchase Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Avon was a great employer for my 38 year career. Unfortunately changes in the business model have made it a more stressful place to work. Still a great group of people to work with.
Pros
discount
Cons
can think of any
love the products
Seller (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Call each person to come by to drop off supplies and get new orders. always trying to get new customers. love the worker schedule of being my own boss.
Pros
samples of products, discounts
Cons
trying to keep a commission up to par.
its ok
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 5, 2018
I just started in this job I cant said that is perfect but I really like it so I can said its ok for a good and patient seller just like me . so I do like it .
stressfull
avon rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2018
not a good place to work at, products were being sent in wrong. when I asked for help no one wanted to help me. the samples that was given wasn't the samples I asked for.
Pros
got discount on my stuff
Cons
low pay, order were getting messed up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.2K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.