Avondale Care Group Employee Reviews

I was happy to work for Avondale
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2019
I was happy to work for Avondale care group...Now I am looking for a better position as receptionist or customer services. I can also be a translator (French and Creole)
Typical day
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
Typical work office
good leadership, good commission, flexible work hours. No micro management. Good employees. CEO gave good bonus every year. Good workplace culture.
High volume staffing and Customer Service
Staffing Coordinator/ Intake / Marketer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018December 12, 2018
fast paced office with high volume calls for Customer Service and staffing with light HR & QM requirements and Marketing.
The Management team was solid and great to work with at the time of my beginning with The Avondale Group, but slowly, the manager's began to find employment else where, which left a lot to fall threw the cracks at The Avondale Group chose to hire people who did not have much managerial skills.
On top of staffing & meeting all of HR & QM requirements, I was sent out to other agencies to Market for work.
The work force they put on your desk was too much to get done within one day.
Cons
The work load was too much for one person to handle in one day.
Nice Place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
Avondale provide home health aide services to the very rich. I worked for a very rich establishment that assisted rich elderly people with their daily living. It was a very nice place to work, the environment was nice, luxurious and spacious. Most of the staff was easy to get along with and most of the patients that we work with made our work rewarding.
Pros
Nice rich environment
Cons
No room for much advancement. 0
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
They people in the offices are reliable you can always depend on them. They work with both parties really well and match clients with HHA very well. If there are any problems they will solve in a timely matter.
Not a normal environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The company offers no training and expects new employees to be ready to hit the ground running. During my brief time there it came to light that Avondale never operated appropriately has been cited numerous times by the department of health and the new director of operations is a money hungry lunatic.
Pros
Conveinent Location
Cons
Working 12 to 14 hours a day with unmanageable stress levels
Save yourself run away Worst employer training low pay
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  NY NYSeptember 7, 2018
The worst and most unorganized company I have worked for they don’t train you and expect you to make them billionaires in days. Please if you have family don’t join employees swear at each other,fist fights very stressful atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, no training
Work productivity
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
Avondale care group is a home care agency with a lot of business going for itself. Each and every day arriving to work , there is was always a new problem to resolve.
Cons
No Health benefit
Decent place to work at.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2018
Avondale works around your schedule and places you where you like. It doesn't give much problems. Avondale follows all procedures and works well. I enjoy working for Avondale because I have worked with the same patient for over year and it has been great.
Pros
They work with you.
Cons
None really.
Great Place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Everyday is an adventure at avondale and the company provides opportunity to grow and ability to learn and improve on your skills. Management is very supportive. Company values hardworking, result oriented employees.
Unprofessional and Bad or NO Communication
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
This company is one of the most unprofessional places that I have ever worked.
The communication is atrocious. They will send you to clients who canceled their services with them. And, who winds up losing me. I loss both my Time and a Salary because, of their neglect.
The work is NOT steady and they did not have too many Full Time cases.
They don't care for their Home Health Aides. That is why it's a Revolving Door.
Pros
Working with the Community
Cons
Not Steady and Consistent Clents
Fast Job placements !
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Avondale care group specializes in caring for both the patients and workers. The staff are patient and helpful.
Cnas and hhas are compensated for their performance, attendance and referrals. I definitely recommend this company for any young nurses or there
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
This company has limited office space
productive workplace
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018March 21, 2018
productive workplace , can be fast past but nothing overbearing . employees try there best to give the all their clients what they need. the pay is ok
Relaxed work environment
Field Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Little stress, relaxed work environment. No issues with co-workers. Typical day I would begin by printing a patient report list and reviewing the cases that need Nurse RN follow up. I would call the cases that require follow up. I would then set up my visit schedule.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Agradable
HHA (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2017
Es agradable y flexibles en las horas de trabajo y dias
Pros
Horario flexible
Cons
Pocas horas
Payroll and Claims Reviewer
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work consist of me overlooking all the funds that came into the company and making sure all payments from contracts are paid on time. I also completed payroll for over 300+ employees.
Good agency
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
This is one of the best agencies I have worked for in a long time, they always have cases available in all 5 borough's and all kinds of hours as well, I have been with the company for over a year and I have never had an issue with anyone
Was a different experience
Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
Working at the Avondale care group was a little challenging but I was able to cope with the change of different environments.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible stay away
Care Coordinator / Health Home Aide Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2016
Absolutely no structure, when you have a problem or are stuck there is no help at all. I use to work 10+ hours and if anything went wrong they i had to stay there and figure it out by myself. They never notice when you work hard and produce quality work all the notice is the mistakes you make. Not worth the stress
Cons
Interview
N/A (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2016
I would like to share my experience with the interview.

I wasn't too crazy about being set up to interview with three different managers from three different departments and then to be told they were still interviewing more candidates. There is also a difference in opinion with the managers on what the position entails and the hours. Was told different things from both managers. I also did not like how they emphasize on your personal life. As if you are not allowed a personal life out of the work place. They were more concerned about you working later hours and if there is anything in your personal life that is going to interfere with these hours. You are scheduled for either 8-4 or 9-5 and work on salary, but they want you to work later hours as the position requires you too. I don't mind working later if needed but am I getting paid over time??... That was never mentioned. I have interviewed many times for corporate positions and other professional positions in homecare. And with every interview I was either interviewed with the VP or manager always with the head boss. Never by others. I did not feel comfortable either with all three having an idea of what I wanted in salary. I have worked for companies were only human resources or the VP were the only one's who knew of my salary as that is confidential. Anyway thought I would share that to others for future references.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a