Avondale School District Employee Reviews

great people
Inclusion Aide (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAJuly 29, 2018
it was a great palace to work,friendly, helpful. I enjioyed my time here if I did not relocate I would still be there. The managers in the kitchen are awesome people to work with.
Small school district, we wear many hats
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 17, 2018
I have been able to move up and hone my administrative skills in the 21 years I have been employed here. I have been given opportunities to attend professional development to continue to stay current with new technology and policies and procedures.
Joyful Place to Work
Behavior Interventionist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 28, 2018
As a Behavior Coach for Avondale schools, I certain would say it was a demanding job that pays better than many other school districts. I would strongly recommend this school district for beginning workers in Early Education and seasoned, veteran teachers.
It was a friendly environment to work in
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my go workers and the administrative staff. The hours were agreeable and do was the compensation. I learned a great deal while employed at this job.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 19, 2017
a typical day at work for me would be assisting customers,working the cash register and counting down cash drawer at the end of the workday.Very fun place to work.You get to interact with all types of people
Pros
fun, break anytime
benefits
Working with kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 10, 2017
The kids I worked with would have their good days and their bad days. It was more difficult to work with them when it was their bad days. The teachers I worked with were very nice and understanding to situations. I went to the school the year prier.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Low payment
Avondale School District is a great place to work.
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Avondale School District is a great place to work.'My typical day was working with children from pre-k till 6 grade. I have my own personal schedule that I followed it .Each 30 minutes I need to get new students how my schedule guide me.
I learned to organize myself much better because I did this schedule taking in consideration ages, groups, and speech disorder.
was great because was a great diversity group and I had a great experience with people from Mexico, Vietnam and natural Arizona people. The hardest part of the job was to report every single session to my Speech authorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to play with the kids and observe them play around.
Pros
n/a
Cons
the great family work
Laid Back and Very Nice People to work with
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working here it is a great place to work especially for Retired People(that can't have over a certain amount of income coming in) and Moms that have small children. It isn't for everyone You must enjoy working with school aged students. Comes with guarantee work day 4.5 hours pay raises and insurance along with a retirement plan if you get 10 years(based on number of hours ina a school year).
Pros
easy going place
Cons
not enough hours
productive, fun work environment
Paraprofessional Spec. Ed/ Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 9, 2016
this is the perfect job for anyone that loves working with children, and doesn't mind the pay. different opportunities to work with children from the age of preschool to 15 yrs old, you get to work with teachers and staff from all grade levels.
Supportive and Engaging place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 2, 2015
I loved my time at Avondale School district. I loved the sense of community and diversity that was presented here. Staff and students are very collaborative and great to work with!

Want to know more about Avondale School District?

Ask a question
Close-knit community school
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 2, 2015
I was at Pioneer School for almost 13 years. Close staff and community. The hardest part of my job back then was losing students so frequently during the year due to the migrant population we served. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the faces of the kids when something we'd been working on finally made sense to them!
Pros
small school, great staff
Cons
migrant community--students coming and going all the time
A fun and encouraging environment for students
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 13, 2013
I was able to supervise students before school and during lunch. The students were wonderful and learned to respect me as well as I with them. I worked with some very helpful women and we worked well together as a team to set the example of how these students should act when they were not in class. Management was very helpful and willing to listen to the needs we might have for these students. The hardest part of the job was gaining the students trust and respect, but once that was established there were no issues. I enjoyed getting to know these students on a fun level and building relationships with them.
Pros
Being able to see these students during there break times
Cons
weather conditions, especially the heat made it difficult at recess time