AWL Insurance Agency
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Working at AWL Insurance Agency: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

just ok

It was just ok. Alot of room for growth. Need managers who can manage. driving to Autin once or Twice a month was a hassle. Its just another job. Hire, Fire, Retire.

Worst place to work

Worst place to work!they want you to act like a robot just read the scripts on the screen if you didn't they will kick u out!Average pay,interview is easy,flexible hours.

AWL Insurance Agency insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Remote

Sales job if your not hitting your goal they let you go let more then 100 people go when I worked there! Future of the company always seems to be unstable as they kept losing contracts

Pros

Great medical benefits

Cons

Horrible management

Excellent organization

The biggest benefit I think on a daily basis is the management team. The team leaders out there on the floor where we are working. It’s a fun and conducive environment to progress and profit, and that’s the reason I go to work. This is the best company I have worked in, maybe ever.

Pros

Management, great pay and benefits

Cons

Can’t think of any

Just a job

The company as a whole gives cult vibes. They are very mis leading about the job you’ll be doing. Most of the people you contact don’t want to be bothered,are rude or never wanted to be contacted in the first place. Management is a joke,the systems are old slow and they will deduct time from ANY tech issues you have and you will have tech issues. I don’t honestly see how anyone could last more than 6 months here. Only stay if you need a job. Run!

Pros

A job, work remote

Cons

Company, pay, culture, etc

Over worked underpaid

Run don’t walk away from this company you will be micromanaged and stressed out daily to sell insurance policies to substandard leads. If you have any other choice take it most employees last less than 6 months at this company. Managment is not well trained and overtime is not forced but strongly recommend everyday of the week including Sundays

Stressful and unrealistic

I have been working for this company for almost 2 years. Pay is good but leads are not good. Most “warm transfers” do not want a quote. Quota is really high and a do whatever it takes to get the sale mentality. Constantly firing and hiring new employees. No job security.

Micromanaged and not supportive.

In the beginning I was so thankful to have landed this job, a few months in I figured out I felt that way because they don't stop telling you how thankful you should feel. They go on and on about how fortunate we should be to have leads given to us. 90% of calls were people seeing advertisements about free benefits (which I could not offer) or someone thinking they are calling their Carrier. The training is awful and you are basically forced to sink or swim. They have no plans in changing their training either because they are "producing". Management is terrible 2 of the managers have 0 Medicare experience and most of the time in competition with each other. Management has daily and weekly bonuses but the agents do not get a cut of that. Because of the lack of training and hiring anyone, bad business is constantly written, it's amazing this agency is still in business and has not been looked at by CMS.

Pros

Remote

Horrible, Extremely toxic environment

I realized Day 3 of training that this job is for adults who don’t mind being treated like children. I’m a woman and some guy in the background watching everyone on camera messaged me and said he could only see my face and I have to be visible from chest up! My husband would have met them in person if they were in Dallas and not Austin!They required you to pay for a head set and use your own computer and allow them to take over your computer for the first 2 days of training while waiting on a company computer.Select quote is their competitor and a much better company. This was the worst company that I’ve ever worked for in my 10 years in the insurance industry.The recruiters do an awesome job of selling the job but when you come aboard you are treated like trash.One guy’s phone rang during virtual training and he was yelled at by this stuck up and disrespectful trainer. They want you to sell value when clearly people in 2022 are trying to save money.Their customers better be technology savvy with all that they are required to do just to get a policy issued.I just wanted to share my experience because I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Assignments during break/lunch, disrespectful trainer

Great Pay, Revolving door mentality

This is your typical sales job. You preform well you can do no wrong, if you do not preform well you will be fired quickly. Only have 3 days of training and then sink or swim. Most people that got hired when I did, didn’t last 3 months. Other than that Pay and benefits are great just save your money because things can change quickly and they will get rid of you.

Pros

Pay, benefits, work from home

Cons

Very little training and guidance, management is always changing. Revolving door mentality.

The pay was good, benefits were okay

You go through training for 5 weeks and have to learn as much as you can about the script and preparation for calls at the same time trying to complete certs. I was not comfortable with the way the leads came in, a lot of my leads were not prepared to speak about insurance just curious on social media.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Expected to sale on most calls when most are not looking to sign up.

Call Center Sales

This is a call center job. You get hounded with calls all day long. About 5% of the leads are decent. Very hard to sell and very pressurized selling for certain products and carriers. Don’t care about customers or new employees. Money money money. Favorites are definitely played and it shows. Pay and incentives can be good but they expect you to work day in and day out for them. Proceed with caution, job is definitely not for everyone.

Pros

Work from home, flexible

Cons

Leads, short breaks, sales director, expected overtime

Good to work from home, Will fire you if you have one bad month

I learned a lot here, working from home was definitely the biggest pro, I really enjoyed this job until I got terminated for having one bad month, after hitting goal consecutively. Calls are horrible, call script is too long. Salary is good, commission could be better if you're a hustler .

Pay is very good and they are clear on what your job duties are

Tenure does not matter to this company if you have a bad month or two you automatically get on a warning and they’re prepared to cut you loose you could be there for three years and you could be there for 10

Say goodbye to your personal life

I guess they think because it's a work from home company that the employees want to work all day every day with no breaks. They neg for over time. They beg for weekends. They beg for holidays. You will never get time to yourself.They fire nearly everyone they hire after just a few weeks.When you leave, they keep your commission and your PTO and you get nothing.Horrific company to work for, CEO should be ashamed.

Pros

Work from home

Decent

They have plenty of overtime. They do micromanagement and will pressure you with your job if you're not selling. They also will put your on a written quick, if your are slow out the gate performing.

Misleading job functions presented by talent acquisition and management representative

I began working for AWL on 10/5/2020. I was told the job was an insurance sales position via inbound warm-lead calls. After a 3-week training session, I was placed in the production queue receiving 8-13 calls per day. Most of these calls were individuals who either already had insurance or were not interested in changing insurance. In the 1st week of production, I was provided a written warning for not providing enough daily sales production which was not discussed as a metric. I after my 4th day in production, I was placed in an outbound queue in order to build a pipeline. 95% of these calls were to voicemail machines. On the 1st day of the 2nd week of production, I was terminated due to lack of production. I later found out that out of 39 agents in my training class, only 5 made to the 3rd week of production. We were told we had a 3-4mth probationary period to get use to systems and processes. I found it odd to have been terminated less than 7 days into production. We were advised we were to achieve a minimum of 75k written premiums per month which after reviewing reports, only 22% of a staff of over 200 agents were achieving this minimum quota. In my opinion, this company and it's job description was very misleading causing me to lose a job during holiday season causing a increasing amount of stress.

Pros

Potential for large bonus, Good base payrate

Cons

Poor display of empathy regarding job functions, and types of leads. The interested callers were looking for the cheapest, rates possible and the carrier choices are some of the most expensive carriers in the industry, The carriers had specific criteria for their clients, which typically ruled out 50-75% of the carriers as potential policies

Horrible Experience

I was a “sales rep” and hated every minute of working for this company. You’re literally nothing but a number and working there became a stain on my resume, so I had to remove it altogether because of their bad reputation.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AWL Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits