Axcess Financial
57Below average

Axcess Financial Employee Reviews

United States185 reviews
i enjoyed minimal supervision, but there were very few incentives and the computer systems were antiquated. Ultimately, the doors shut down because we didn't diversify our financial products enough to survive COVID-19.
I would not recommend this employer. The management is incompetent. The company does not support new employees and the pay is very low they ask you to do things that are illegal and they are racist and bias. No time for proper training
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Horible management
Ok place work, no room for advancement, Bonus structure not great or raises, benefits ok. The lay people off all the time. Alot of turnover within departments and always changing directions.
On the positive side of things, as management you've got the freedom to manage your hours, days and calendar. But, you absolutely have to produce. I would call Axcess Financial a results oriented company. They don't really care how you get there; just get there. I considered myself well paid. Benefits are pretty good. Medical can always be better, but no complaints by any stretch.

On the negative side of things, I ended up reporting to 8 different directors over the 7 years I was there. I spent more time educating my superiors about the day to day processes and the importance of what we do to keep the company compliant and customer centric than almost anything else. My story isn't that different than most management's story. Everything changes. The structure changes regularly in regards to what area falls under which Director. There are always new projects to get done yesterday. Once you get high enough in the company to actually become seriously important, you're probably not long for the company. They seem to have a purge every few years of Directors. Only 1 of the 8 Directors I've reported to are still there. And I'm now on my last days. I don't regret working here. I had a great opportunity to do some amazing things. I accomplished an enormous amount of things. I grew as a manager. But, like most managers and directors... my time has come to an end as well.
Good culture, but heavy policy and compliance procedures which require an eye for detail. The company is serious about helping its customer base, not just about making a profit off of them.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Axcess Financial is a great place to work. Great people all the way to the top. Truly a collaborative work environment. Phenomenal work/life balance.
Is a routine job. As long as you learn all the steps to keep the customers happy and the numbers going up, the store runs itself. I needed to be organized at all times with my files
Keep your head down and do not put trust in others. Do for you and your team and get results consistently. KNOW HOW TO RECRUIT CONSISTENTLY- very high turnover
watch your back and keep copies of everything. Your job is always on the line. There's no feeling of security or appreciation. The customers are wonderful but the turnover of employees is so great that the customers lack trust in the process.
Axcess helped me grow as a recruiter. My direct manager provided support and the resources for growth. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for new opportunities!
This company constantly reorganizes departments and eliminates rolls. This happens several times a year. No job is safe and associates are just a number to senior management. If they can find someone to do your job cheaper they will. The CEO is the real issue and the owners need to wake up before its to late.
Day hours are good for family life. Products are easy to learn. Not much room for growth beyond a store manager. Good place to learn about financing.
These other reviews appall me. The district I work in is absolutely amazing. We all get along and work as a team. Our managment is amazing. I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm guaranteed hours, and very reasonable pay. I have learned so much and continue to grow and learn more everyday!!!
There is no work/life balance here. I routinely work 6-7 days per which, which includes working from home on the weekend. Stores are grossly understaffed and associates only recently were granted a 30 minute break during the day. They do not care about the thoughts, ideas or opinions of the employees. It is very much a “do as I say” company.
The job itself if very good yet the management is horrible. Hours were cut BAD for no reason. Checks continued to drop. Managers refused to give more hours so they can have them for themselves. Withing my first 90 days BOTH of my managers quit leaving me alone and the new manager was very irresponsible, she would give write up for the smallest thing like clocking in 2 minutes late although you were in the building early and always randomly left me alone just cause she didn’t feel like being at work. If you try to take personal time off she would give you a write up too. This job is entirely too stressful. DO NOT work at the location on Sonoma Blvd in Vallejo
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor pay, short staffing, irresponsible management
Unrealistic expectations, benefits were poor, pay was bare minimum, not valued as a person here, worked alone with no bandit barriers and no security or security door, many safety issues. Watched consistently on phone and cameras.
The management are back stabbers. They hire people to take your position and try to hide it instead of being forthcoming and talking to employees about mistakes etc
If you want to start in the financial industry, this is the place to work. The opportunity to grow is definitely there. You just have to put your best foot forward.
A great place to work! I work close to home and all the people I work with are great. We have a very professional customer service approach and take everyone's financial situation seriously.
Overall the company is extremely agile in their business process and expectations. Highly competitive and goal oriented. With recent changes- they are moving to a back to basic business approach which had allowed for the removal of some obstacles and created new ones.
Honestly it could’ve been a great place to work. My district manager was amazing, co-workers were rad, and the pay wasn’t terrible either. However, work life balance was less than ideal, our clients are usually already pretty questionable (had to break up a fight once. Also, a location was robbed down the road from me - next day I inherited the robbed store.) but what made it ultimately unbearable was the lack of help on the insane days (the 3rd) and corporate management micro managing things and pushing tons of busy work on the employees, while at the same time, were working alone. Unrealistic expectations killed this place for me
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Work life balance and corporate life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axcess Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight