Axiom Law Employee Reviews

neutral
Senior Commercial Counsel, Technology Transactions (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 2, 2018
Axiom hired me to step into an urgent role with a client, which I did, however when the Client made changes, Axiom was not supportive in rolling me into a new opportunity.
Disappointed
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
I care the most about being employed and I don't like the feeling of being parked "on the beach" indefinitely after coming off a successful assignment. With 2 months on the beach, Axiom has still not produced a new engagement for me or for several of my co-workers. They clearly don't have sufficient work in the pipeline to keep its employees engaged, as advertised. Another revelation is they do not pay over-time. My advice is - don't give up your overtime by going on staff at Axiom. Unless you need the benefits (warning: they go away after 2 months on the beach) you have all the downside risk in this arrangement.
Pros
autonomy and flexibility
Cons
Lower on the pay scale and too much time "on the beach"
N/a
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Axiom is on the verge of big things. Very smart and motivated people working with the Axiom. They value their people and put a lot of trust into them,
Poor Management. Team destined for failure.
Contract Negotiation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Management at axiom is a joke. Unable to allocate time effectively such that substantive problems are being addressed and work efficiency maximized. Management spends hours obsessing over trivial issues of no consequence and little time doing anything else.
Alternative Law Firm
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
Great way to utilize a dormant law degree, with flexible hours and interesting subject matter. No court or judge facing responsibilities. Lots of contract review and examination.
Pros
felxibility
Cons
unreliable staffing and transparency
Good culture and empowered work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
Growing legal review company with a good work environment and smart employees. Global focus with operations in the United States and Europe. Expansion into other international regions planned.
Great Pay and Treatment, not very stimulating
Contract Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
The managers I have had have been wonderful and patient. Once you get a hang of the work, it can become boring, but the pay is great, and the very low stress level overthrow the boring. They throw events and provide breakfast every Wednesday and sometimes lunches a few times a week. Very appreciative and respectful of employees. Downside: it can take a while to be promoted, and with promotion comes job security and benefits, otherwise, you can be "let go" at any time.
Great company that leads in legal services
DESIGN DIRECTOR OF UX & UI (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
I would say Axiom was a great experience. The HR and Management of the company treated its employees with respect and honor. The location was nice and benefits were great!
Pros
Benefits were nice
Cons
parking was terrible - and expensive
Terrific job finding agency for technology attornies
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJune 29, 2017
Excellent interviews selects only quality and experience attorneys. Clients are top tier companies, e.g. in my case. eBay, HP, Accenture, CBRE. Salary is very good. Free MCLE classes from top providers.
Not a great place for women
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 8, 2017
Your advancement options are severely limited if you happen to be a female worker at Axiom. I have watched females being pushed our or fired left and right.

Want to know more about Axiom Law?

Ask a question
Decent
Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 7, 2017
Decent enough place to work. Good culture, good work/life balance. Was in the project technology side which isn't their core business areas so can't comment on what its like for attorneys.
Pros
Cons
Job security
Good work environment, but no job security
Contract Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
Sit behind a computer and review documents and abstract certain parts.

Learned more about contracts.

Relaxed and warm environment, and management is nice.

Co-workers are nice and friendly.
Very flexible, limited advancement
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
Very flexible work schedule and laid back environment. Limited advancement opportunities and few benefits. Overtime is paid at normal hourly rate.
Collaborative and Open Culture
Contract Reviewer/Attorney (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy the people, culture, feel comfortable approaching supervisors and senior attorneys with questions, very collaborative, and I am learning a lot from talented and intelligent people I work with.
Fun workplace with intelligent and thoughtful team
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkMay 30, 2014
Had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Axiom, it's a place where you truly feel happy to be at work, where you coworkers care so much they become almost a second family, and where you can absolutely take on projects outside of your role and control the direction of your career. Not the most competitive pay but the worklife balance and incredible team more than make up for it!
Productive and fast paced work environment
Practice Management Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
I support client account management in managing attorney payroll, tracking revenue, maintaining data integrity in CRM system, etc. I have the ability to make a big impact in a small office which I like. We are a small office with a lot of work - so its very busy!
Pros
Small office, lot of responsibility/impact
Cons
Temporary position
Contract based, not a permanent job
Attorney - Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
I love the culture and people in the firm. However, the firm does not offer any benefits and it is only project based temporary job.