Axis Community Health Employee Reviews

Unprofessional. Patients get made fun of and mocked.
patient services (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 27, 2018
This place is filled with drama. The employees talk about each other, management and the patients! They mock and make fun of the patients and nothing gets done by the Managers! Managers and "Chiefs" will only promote their friends or the ones they like best. Totally unprofessional. The Managers talk about their employees to others. They are not good about keeping things confidential as I would here others business that were in other departments throughout the facility.
Poor Management
patient services (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2018
Unprofessional, you must know and be friends with management to move up within the company they do not hire by experience. sadly lots of personal drama within the offices.
Deficient management
provider (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 22, 2018
Management is very deficient, to say the least. And because they have been there for sooo long, there is no hope for improvement. This company needs new management!!!
benefits
Cons
management
Great place that gives back to the community
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 18, 2018
Axis has a great company culture that focuses on their patients and the community. Their is room to grow and learn within the company so you don't feel stuck in the same place forever.
Pros
Collabrative environment
Cons
Have to juggle many different responsibilities
great experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 2, 2018
Great location. People that you work with are friendly. No room for advancement if that is what you are looking for. Great job to use as a stepping stone and experience
Good Mission
IT HELPDESK ANALYST (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Some very good people doing great work. The Teams are very nice and collaborate well. The IT systems are all put in place nicely and they do not fear change.
aweful
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Worse place I ever worked, and one of the worse customer care facilities I witnessed. Totally unacceptable patient care and prejudice amongst the staff.
Ok
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 26, 2017
The job was okay. Co-workers would talk about patients and were hypocrites when it came down to work. Employees would point fingers whenever they could. The benefits were good but that's about it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Staff
Great working environment fast paced.
Medical Assistant Front Desk and Back Office (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Axis a typical day was rooming about 12-16 patients and taking down information on why they were being seen, assisting the doctor with clinical procedures. providing injections, taking vital signs, taking specimen to the lab, retrieving results via quest. I also worked front office when assigned answering phones, greeting patients, taking insurance information, verifying insurance and getting it authorized, making appointments, confirming appointments. I loved the fast pace it just kept me busy and I was able to help people and accomplish my duty for the day.
Incompetent Management and Unlawful Emplyment Practices
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 9, 2017
This agency has a revolving door due to a serious upper management problem, including and especially HR. Do your research and then do some more. Hostile work environment due to the "Chiefs" in charge.
Pros
Loved my clients
Cons
Low pay, lack of professionalism, non-compliance of ADA
Great career with hypocritical management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA RRJanuary 6, 2017
Axis Community Health offers clinical services for low-income/undocumented patients in the tri-valley. Having worked there for a long period, I have witnessed the unfairness that goes around the clinic. Managers play favorites while trying to get rid of those employees they dislike. Upper management is very unappreciative and lacks acknowledgment for those employees who attempt to go above and beyond. Sue, the CEO...bless her soul, attempts to improve the organization, but is clueless of what goes on in the clinic setting. Managers preach that employees are expected to not gossip about patients or employees, yet that is what they stand around doing and what a whole work day is about. Co-workers are awesome, but will point their fingers at you if they get the chance. Managers will try to force you to work on your own or load you with duties even if they can find additional coverage.When facing difficult situations, managers will back out even if they are witnessing a difficult patient unless called into the situation. Also, be prepared to not take breaks. Some managers will be on top of your breaks, but some simply do not care if you do not take a single break. If you're not the managers pet, don't expect any career growth.
Pros
Rep lunches, no cost employee health coverage
Cons
Lack of appreciation, lots of gossiping, costly family health coverage.
Well qualified and energetic staff
Rehabilitation Counselor TDARP (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 11, 2016
Enjoyed all aspects of my job from intakes, assessments, treatment plan development, working one-on-one with clients, and with group process and family support sessions.
Pros
Open-minded staff
Cons
Limited advertising
Dedication to the mission
Mental Health/Integrated Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 16, 2016
Axis is an organization that is passionate about serving the surrounding population and providing services to those in need. The staff at Axis are also dedicated to the mission, are focused on giving back, and the large majority of staff are kind, collaborative and interested in putting the patient's needs first.
Management seems to balance funding and contracts well in order to provide stability and structure for employees.
Day to day, Axis strives to be innovative and is an exciting place to work.
Pros
supportive environment, opportunity to grow/learn, great training
Cons
healthcare coverage for family is costly
provides important services to low income population
Staff (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 13, 2016
I having learned a lot about public health here and community resources available for low income population. Staff is very dedicated and hard working.
Bad agency to work
Licensed Therapist- LCSW (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I worked as a therapist at Integrated Behavioral Health program for 6 months.
Stressful environment. Poor management of medical and MH/Behavioral Health staff, poor coordination of services.
Pros
Learn to work at Integrated Beahavioral Health program
Axis Community health is a community clinic
Medical Assistant Front Desk and Back Office (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 20, 2015
Axis Community Health is a community clinic that is fast paced in everything that they do in providing services for the families surrounding the community. They have a general office where they overlook all the general health of an adult. They provide care for children, family planning, mental health issues and WIC program for mothers to be and infants. There staff are individuals that care for the people and are very loving and caring. The management is well put together providing insurance services and showing integrity for the people in a professional way. I enjoyed working there and learned very much which helped me advance in my skills as a medical assistant. I can say the most challenging part of the job was to maintain a positive attitude for people that were sick with HIV and Cancer. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very friendly and up until now I have kept in touch with more than a handful of them.
Fun and fast pace enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 25, 2015
We are a Family Planning office, so we deal with birth control, STD's, prenatal patients, and any female problem they might have. have. We make sure that the prenatal patient get the care they need during the pregnancy. We help patient know and understand what kind of birth controls are out their and how they are used. We answer whatever question they might have. If a patient come with a problem, we make sure that leave satisfied with our customer service and that they were treated by the physician well. It feels good when the patient tells you "Thank you so much for all your help". I know then that I have done something good and that the patient will come back to us if they need to. The employers and great, always with a smile on their face, and always try to make the patients visit more pleasant.
Pros
Good benefits, Great hours
Cons
No time for breaks
This is the worst place I have worked
Clinic (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The clinic staff are so bad and complaining about them does nothing. HR is more worried about liability than having well-trained professional staff.
Executive management is very unprofessional and its amazing how many relatives/friends they have working there ( and its a big secret)
Pros
Cons
too much gossip, lack of professionalism
Management issues but good coworkers
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 25, 2014
Axis Community Health has a wonderful core staff but a very intolerant and hypocritical upper staff who does not understand how hard the core staff works. I enjoyed working with my fellow colleagues yet question the upper management because medical and mental facilities should treat their employees with same respect as they treat their patients.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
upper staff demands and lack of understanding
Unappreciative of Employees work ethic
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 23, 2014
My first year to two of working for the company were excellent. Thereafter, new management came in and people starting leaving the company left and right because of all the crazy changes in policies and people were getting fired for no reason. I felt that one particular person in management was extremely verbally abusive and very unprofessional, but not really much to be done when she is who determines whether you have a job or not. so I never really said anything or took action. Also, there is no union to support you during those difficult times. That person is no longer with the company, so hopefully things have changed since. I was there for 3 years and not ONE PENNY raise during that time. My attendance and job performance were beyond their expectations. No appreciation of stepping up on anything, or going the extra mile to help a patient. I stayed as long as I did because of my awesome co-workers. They made it a little bit easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Community Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8